Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
    Let's cut SQfanatic some slack, shall we? We are all here for our love of SQ, but some love SQ more than others, so let's not let our differences get in our way here. Yes, it might be annoying to some, but the least you can do is just to ignore and not let that comment ruin your day.
    Yeah. Now that SWB is back in the skies, I think our next suspect for a possible 77WR could be 9V-SWE, as it has not flown since Nov 8th. We will see if it's on the ground for a significant amount of time (4-6 weeks) to justify a refit.

Comment

• Ok, I will believe that all the 2006 product 77W will be 77WR eventually thanks to a few people who have pointed significant evidence like for instance, no F availability for some routes, MEL going 77WR sometime next year, and so on.

The other question is when all the 2006 77W are refitted to 77WR, would the same procedure hold for the 77WN next, that currently have the 2013 products (I am not expecting it to happen to the 77WN for quite sometime yet, hoping SQ2/1 don't go 77WR just yet but you never know)?

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
        Ok, I will believe that all the 2006 product 77W will be 77WR eventually thanks to a few people who have pointed significant evidence like for instance, no F availability for some routes, MEL going 77WR sometime next year, and so on.

The other question is when all the 2006 77W are refitted to 77WR, would the same procedure hold for the 77WN next, that currently have the 2013 products (I am not expecting it to happen to the 77WN for quite sometime yet, hoping SQ2/1 don't go 77WR just yet but you never know)?
        Don't think SQ has plans to refit the 77WN to a 77WR for now unless PE demand is high. They just meant to refit the original 19 77Ws to 77WR.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
          Don't think SQ has plans to refit the 77WN to a 77WR for now unless PE demand is high. They just meant to refit the original 19 77Ws to 77WR.
          Yeah, makes sense then.

Comment

• I will assume safely SWE is undergoing 77WR refit and maybe getting new satellite OnAir Wifi. When I flew this bird in June 2015, the plane did not have Wifi (SQ15). I wonder why they didn't pull off SWD, even heard it's the same with that bird.

Wait for 4-5 weeks, I think it will hatch as 77WR, which is good because the first few 77W are approaching 10 years old.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
              I will assume safely SWE is undergoing 77WR refit and maybe getting new satellite OnAir Wifi. When I flew this bird in June 2015, the plane did not have Wifi (SQ15). I wonder why they didn't pull off SWD, even heard it's the same with that bird.

Wait for 4-5 weeks, I think it will hatch as 77WR, which is good because the first few 77W are approaching 10 years old.
              I hope it will have 3D maps! 4D would be even better!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                Please don't be unfair and lets leave him (or her) be.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Please don't be unfair and lets leave him (or her) be.
                    I'm a male, and yes, it's obvious like what most 77WR will have that's why I am not bothered. I was talking about if it will actually go thru a refit which sounds highly likely given SQ is stepping up their refit game again, which is good. And now one guy wants to open a 2nd can of worms.

Comment

• SQ494|16NOV to Dubai is being operated by a B777-312 (9V-SYH).
                      Singapore Airlines - A great way to fly...

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SPL View Post
                        SQ494|16NOV to Dubai is being operated by a B777-312 (9V-SYH).
                        That's about the second time DXB got a swap to regional equipment. IIRC, in September, it got a 773 (9V-SYG). One other time it got a 772 back in January (or February if I remember correctly).

Coincidentally, SWB was supposed to operate that route but is scheduled to do 806/801 to PEK. And speaking of DXB, I thought now with the increase of 77WR, DXB can get way less swaps to non PEY equipment compared to before (Even if a 77WR is under maintenance), but I guess that's what will happen to every route at times.

Comment

• 9V-SWV is flying SQ362/361 to DME. The first time DME got exposed to the 2013 cabin products. Looks like they're doing this before DME gets the A350. Like I said this can only happen to standalone flights, not flights continuing to the US (Exception: SFO, LAX).

Comment

• Has PVG (828/831) gone complete 77WR?! It got 9V-SNB for the past 2 days. I am sure these substitutions are temporary, but I am guessing if it becomes a more occurrence, I think it's because now we have SWB, so they're simply not leaving a frame idle unless maintenance needs to be done on one frame. DXB is protected since there's enough 77WR to cover it (mostly!)

Comment

• SQ362/361 has gotten consecutive 77WN.......9V-SNA flew SQ362 today.

Comment

• Originally posted by loldude333 View Post
                                SQ362/361 has gotten consecutive 77WN.......9V-SNA flew SQ362 today.
                                That's probably because for sometime on Wednesdays, SQ318/319 do not operate so it results in a 77WN on 773 routes like MNL, HND, etc as I am sure they won't leave a 77WN hanging unless maintenance needs to be done

Side Note: Another 77WN to cite with Voyager maps is 9V-SNA according to a video, so all November birds have the new maps and entertainment system. 5/6 for me. There, I'm done with my raving.

Comment

Working...
                                X