No announcement yet.

Singapore Airlines latest cabin products on the new B777-300ER (77WN) - 2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have confirmed that this December to late first week of January, I am traveling by SQ from SFO-India. All 3 of us will travel to TRV, and my mother and I will come back from MAA, my dad will come back from CCU 3 days later.

My mom will be traveling on the 18th, but she will be flying the nonstop A359 aircraft. My dad and I will however fly the Boeing 777-300ER aircraft (77WN) both ways. I have been looking forward to trying SQ's brand new products and cannot wait til December, to also try out their new time based T-Mobile wifi. All 3 of us will come back by SQ2 to SFO.

I seriously hope by then SQ has both the following: 1) An updated safety video reflecting the newest cabin products on the aircraft, 2) Panasonic Voyager 3D maps on ALL 77WN (Not just SWU, SWV (??), and SWZ). Expect plenty of pics and a TR to come even during my trip (And not wait til I have already reached SFO).
    Last edited by SQfanatic; 3 September 2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• It's now safe to say 9V-SWA has hatched, just performed a test flight according to fr24 as SQ8877. Only now we will get to find out if it's a 77WR or 77WN based on what routes it will fly. I am 100% sure it is refitted, after all it's been out for 5 weeks. And I am sure the new OnAir GX Aviation Wifi is also installed.

If anyone has any news now about 9V-SWB, please let us know. Already 2 months out and I am also under the assumption it will get a new cabin and new Wifi system like SWA.

Comment

• Yea. SWA just taxied past. Got the WiFi hump

Meanwhile I'm sitting in WL waiting on the taxiway due to some coordination issues.

Comment

• Originally posted by dfs24 View Post
          Yea. SWA just taxied past. Got the WiFi hump

Meanwhile I'm sitting in WL waiting on the taxiway due to some coordination issues.
          So what does the Wifi hump look like? Same like SWU-SNC? Also could you tell by the first and 4th windows colored in tan that it is a 77WR? If you got a pic of it, please post it.

Comment

• It went by too quick. Didn't realise it was SWA till quite late

Comment

• SQ say SWA doesn't have the new products

https://twitter.com/SingaporeAir/sta...26757201772544

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                SQ say SWA doesn't have the new products

https://twitter.com/SingaporeAir/sta...26757201772544
                Wow, so even a Wifi refit takes 5 weeks? They could have done the cabin refit parallely with the Wifi refit, since that takes about the same time. I am shocked to hear that during this 5 week time frame, they didn't even refit the cabin to at least 77WN configuration.

We're already in September 2016, the actual time all 77W would have been refitted by now but I am not sure what this brings out.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQfanatic View Post
                  Wow, so even a Wifi refit takes 5 weeks? They could have done the cabin refit parallely with the Wifi refit, since that takes about the same time. I am shocked to hear that during this 5 week time frame, they didn't even refit the cabin to at least 77WN configuration.

We're already in September 2016, the actual time all 77W would have been refitted by now but I am not sure what this brings out.
                  Unless the social media team is wrong? If they are correct it might be a sign that they are not refitting anymore cabins.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    Unless the social media team is wrong? If they are correct it might be a sign that they are not refitting anymore cabins.
                    They are incorrect (fortunately for us). Expertflyer indicates that SWA is now a 77WR and it will be back in service this morning on SQ828 to PVG.

That makes it number 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by a340-313x View Post
                      They are incorrect (fortunately for us). Expertflyer indicates that SWA is now a 77WR and it will be back in service this morning on SQ828 to PVG.

That makes it number 10.
                      Might be worth one of us replying asking them to double check.

Comment

That makes it number 10.
                        They really need to get you folks to be part of the social media team, you guys seem to have a better handle than those folks

Comment

That makes it number 10.
                          PVG barely gets a 77WR, except only 2 times it did. Otherwise its usually a 2006 77W or a 77WN on an ad-hoc basis. However the poster is correct that 828 got SWA, wonder how he knew unless he was at the airport.

Are you sure SWA is refitted as 77WR? I have never been to EF and don't know the status of this.

Comment

• Originally posted by sqfanatic View Post
                            are you sure swa is refitted as 77wr?
                            Code:
                            dosq828/04sep
                            * operational flight info *            sq 828    0 su 04sep16   
                            city info                                       hour (local)  

sin  left the gate                              0804            
                                 took off                                   0814            
                                 estimated time of arrival                  1301     pvg    
                            *1a planned flight info*              sq 828    0 su 04sep16 asm
                            apt arr   dy dep   dy class/meal          eqp  grnd  eft   ttl  
                            sin          0805  su fazcjudybem/m       77w         5:20      
                                                  hwqnvglk/m                                
                            pvg 1325  su                                                5:20
                            comments-
                             1.sin pvg   - departs terminal 3                               
                             2.sin pvg   - arrives terminal 2                               
                             3.sin pvg   -  et/ electronic tkt candidate                    
                             4.sin pvg   - cabin y- premium eycl is avail on selected flts  
                             5.sin pvg   - f4j48s28y184                                     
                             6.sin pvg   -  co2/pax* 256.33 kg eco, 512.66 kg pre           
                             (*):source:icao carbon emissions calculator                  
                            configuration-
                                           77w  f   4   j  48   y 212

Comment

• Wow, that's pretty definitive!

It matches perfectly to flight records specifying SWA so I won't be doubting this, but I'm just quite surprised in all that data that it doesn't actually specify the operating craft's registration, especially given that it is post-take off information.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                Wow, that's pretty definitive!

It matches perfectly to flight records specifying SWA so I won't be doubting this, but I'm just quite surprised in all that data that it doesn't actually specify the operating craft's registration, especially given that it is post-take off information.
                                My definition of definite is if the plane does fly all assigned PEY numbers: 306/305/16/15/326/325/328/327/494/495/285/286/866/865

More definite definition with stronger evidence to me is definitely SQ328/327, 326/325, 306/305, 285/286 and 15/16 most frequently. If it especially flies Auckland or Incheon/SFO, that is strong enough for me to know SWA has PEY. DXB might have weaker evidence as that can be prone to swaps of non PEY aircraft.

Also if anyone does see SWA with the new Wifi hump please let me know if it's same like the one SWU-SNC has. I will also assume the new Wifi is time based like Panasonic/T-Mobile although the carrier is OnAir GX Aviation.

Comment

Working...
                                X