• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• another article on first class seats

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
      Looks like a lot of recline..
      pictures may be deceiving? lol. its all about the angle (pun intended)

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
        Confusing pics. The JCL pics show the pax sleeping "straight ahead" in bed mode. The bed also seems straight rather than cantered to the side. However, the longest pitch/length would still seem to be catered to the side under the forward seat's side console?
        That was also the same type of pic used when the previous generation came out. There are no such seats anywhere on any plane that don't have an console in front of them. It's somewhat misleading.

Comment

• Business class bed has now shrunk in width but increased in length:

Old: 30" x 76"
          New: 28" x 78"
          Last edited by bent; 9 July 2013, 10:57 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Confusing pics. The JCL pics show the pax sleeping "straight ahead" in bed mode. The bed also seems straight rather than cantered to the side. However, the longest pitch/length would still seem to be catered to the side under the forward seat's side console?
            Yep, legs will be moved under the forward seat's side console - must be some rather short models used

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
              Business class bed has now shrunk in width but increased in length:

Old: 30" x 76"
              New: 28" x 78"
              big tick! narrower and longer! just hope the foot area in the sleep position is also bigger for those with big feet (me!)

Comment

• Question: I see from the pics that J-class sleeping mode is perceived to be straight and not slanted as in the current design. How is that possible? Or is there some camera-angle trick or the model all curled up under the blanket?

Question: (sorry too many). Are the screens larger? Seems to be.

Question: Are there separate power plugs for each Y seat?

http://instagram.com/p/bh1hR1kydj/

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Question: I see from the pics that J-class sleeping mode is perceived to be straight and not slanted as in the current design. How is that possible? Or is there some camera-angle trick or the model all curled up under the blanket?

probably the bulkhead seat.....row 11 anyone?

Comment

• The pics at SIAPRODUCTLAUNCH.COM are larger but a very slow.

From this pic, it would look as if the "slanted" sleeping position is still going to be there. It's just that the pax will get a bit more "head" room in sleep mode, I think.

<Removed embedded pic. Too big, too slow> But recommend that you take a look as you can almost feel the texture of the seat and observe the number of cubicles around the seat for you to keep and lose your things.
                    Last edited by CarbonMan; 9 July 2013, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                      Question: (sorry too many). Are the screens larger? Seems to be.
                      Yes the screens are larger. F is 24 inch, J is 18 inch and Y is 11.1 inch

Comment

• Originally posted by bent View Post
                        pictures may be deceiving? lol. its all about the angle (pun intended)
                        Haha true!

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                        Question: Are there separate power plugs for each Y seat?

Yeah. Or no more power supply to the cattle class? No more "power" to people?

Comment

• I've resized them all to something a bit more bandwidth/screen-friendly:

Comment

• CarbonMan - massive photo! Borrow mine...

Comment

• Just a random question. Anybody uses the coat hanger in Y? Personally I don't use it at all. Not just on SQ, but on all Y cabins. They get in the way.

Most of the time I ask the cabin crew for assistance in stowing my coats away if possible (and very nicely too). and so far I havent been rejected.

Comment

• Am I the only one who finds the new upgrade rather disappointing? Y probabaly has the most improvement with its thick nice padding and the new IFE screen. C somehow looks very clautrophobic to me now that they have shrunk the width and F actually reminds me of the current C with a more plush material built around the seat. If we look at some of the new F pictures, it seems that sleeping area has shrunk as well.

The challenge with SQ is that they did outdo themselves by leaps and bounds when they launched the current C back in 2007. It was truly a "WOW" moment then with the widest seats in a 1 - 2- 1 config on its 77W. F seemed like an after thought then especially when compared to Skysuites and unfortunately it still does now.

Comment

Working...
                                X