July 9 - 11 : SQ presents new F and J seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
    Going SIN-LHR over Geneva? That seems rather southerly.....
    Good spot. But that actually looks like it's flying in a north-westerly direction towards Paris.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
      Going SIN-LHR over Geneva? That seems rather southerly.....
      Not to mention that they're flying due north.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        The bandwidth for www.siaproductlaunch.com is tragically slow
        The same idiots that work on the SIA website?

Comment

• @Kyo, can you please resize the photos and upload them somewhere else? I can't stand 25KB/s for a 35MB file... And the .zip files do not seem to work

Comment

• No plans yet to upgrade to new design on existing planes, says ABT

http://www.ausbt.com.au/singapore-ai...n=home-flipper

Comment

• I'm really quite surprised and disappointed that the latest F does not have doors for maximum privacy.

I imagine that they don't want to cannibalise Suites, but guess they haven't noticed that their own very good J product and EK F are already doing that?

If they can have a class leading J product, which J undoubtedly is, why have such a half-hearted F product??

Comment

• Originally posted by RCTP View Post
                Just a random question. Anybody uses the coat hanger in Y? Personally I don't use it at all. Not just on SQ, but on all Y cabins. They get in the way.
                NH uses them to hang the snack bag given on mid-range flights (ie SIN - NRT) for the sleeping passengers, I find it a very nice touch to have the bags (includes a bottle of water) available upon waking up and not being disturbed when they are distributed. They have it on the sides of the headrest of the seats in front though.

Just wanted to use one recently (probably the first time I'm looking to use it), when the cabin temperature was too warm to wear my jacket, but found none on OZ.

Comment

• Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                  Good spot. But that actually looks like it's flying in a north-westerly direction towards Paris.
                  Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                  Not to mention that they're flying due north.
                  That's right - it's heading pretty much north. And Jet D'eau isn't running. What is WRONG with SQ

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                    I'm really quite surprised and disappointed that the latest F does not have doors for maximum privacy.

I imagine that they don't want to cannibalise Suites, but guess they haven't noticed that their own very good J product and EK F are already doing that?

If they can have a class leading J product, which J undoubtedly is, why have such a half-hearted F product??
                    This F will most likely kill Suites. Interesting detail: While the photos still show the F seat on the A380 lower deck, the video shows the seat on the upper deck. My guess: F will move ultimately to the upper deck and they might only offer 8 seats vs. the current 12 Suites.

Second observation: They are extending the seat pitch again to 82". The current pitch is just 71". Looks like (but needs to be confirmed) that there is no more diagonal sleeping. This was the biggest weakness of the current First.

Looks like they still expect you to store your luggage in front of you below the ottoman, not sure why they kept it that way.

Comment

Haha true!

Yeah. Or no more power supply to the cattle class? No more "power" to people?
                      Seems like it's been confirmed that there will be power for all!

Specifications of IFE here.

Does anyone know if the Phitek Supra Aura is the same as the current noise-cancelling headphone?

Comment

This is actually good social media marketing for SQ - imagine 300+ customers posting on their FB or Twitter that they are on SQ to all their envious friends as they fly past the Himalayan on their way to their next holiday.

If they are clever, SQ won't charge for this. Of course you'll have to pay if you actually want to read your FB page.
                        that's a good point. it should be kept free for this purpose.

Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                        @Kyo, can you please resize the photos and upload them somewhere else? I can't stand 25KB/s for a 35MB file... And the .zip files do not seem to work
                        the pics load fine on this forum for me. it's the website that is hopelessly slow

I'm really quite surprised and disappointed that the latest F does not have doors for maximum privacy.

hmm, i wonder what the F J Y config will be like. I won't be surprised if SQ reduces F to 6 seats and up its J class config

Comment

• Shout out to the SQ IT team! Another stellar job on a Big PR day...

But seriously, you guys are such LOSERS it's breathtaking.

Comment

Seems like it's been confirmed that there will be power for all!

Specifications of IFE here.
                            it says its available for all classes, but did not specify if every single YCL seat will get it?

Comment

• Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                              Shout out to the SQ IT team! Another stellar job on a Big PR day...

But seriously, you guys are such LOSERS it's breathtaking.
                              totally. I wonder who actually came up with that crap.

Comment

Just a random question. Anybody uses the coat hanger in Y? Personally I don't use it at all. Not just on SQ, but on all Y cabins. They get in the way.
                                I use the coat hanger to hang my own Bose headphones, quite convenient
                                Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                                @Kyo, can you please resize the photos and upload them somewhere else? I can't stand 25KB/s for a 35MB file... And the .zip files do not seem to work
                                I've uploaded the photos to my own Photobucket account. I don't have a file-hosting service and Dropbox is full. Any suggestions? (you can right-click on each of my photos and download them individually, there's not so many)

I imagine that they don't want to cannibalise Suites
                                Think that's the nail on the head right there...

Comment

Working...
                                X