772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
    Are the refits for 772's the new slopey seats or a flat seat?

Considering the CPH-SIN route on an award, but TG has flat seats to BKK ex-CPH...
    They have the new flat-bed J. Similar to those on the all-J upperdeck A380.

Comment

• I'll be flying AMS-SIN tomorrow in SVJ. I'm looking forward to the "New Seat Smell". Surely the +/-10 people before me can't have removed all of it!

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        I'll be flying AMS-SIN tomorrow in SVJ. I'm looking forward to the "New Seat Smell". Surely the +/-10 people before me can't have removed all of it!
        Any Pictures?

Comment

• Booked on a SIN-MNL flight in August and it's showing the refitted Business cabin

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
            Any Pictures?
            Didn't think to snap one, sorry.

Having just been on both non-refit and refit my opinion on Y:

Improved- larger screen definitely an improvement. I'm not sure they are new though, could possibly be second-hand from old business class seats.

Disappointment- soft comfortable purple seat covers replaced with the now ubiquitous, hard, coarse Givenchy canvas shop-awning.

J travellers have had a huge win, Y travellers come out about even.

Comment

• 9V-SVM has today (08-08-2013) taken off from Changi runway R20-L02 as SIA8877 at 07:36 (UCT) and landed again on same runway at 08:24(UTC)
              Last edited by EKCH; 8 August 2013, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                9V-SVM has today (08-08-2013) taken off from Changi runway R20-L02 as SIA8877 at 07:36 (UCT) and landed again on same runway at 08:24(UTC)
                Might be a test flight after the cabin refit. Happened in the past after every refit. Should most likely be entering service by this week or next week.

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                  Might be a test flight after the cabin refit. Happened in the past after every refit. Should most likely be entering service by this week or next week.
                  SVM has started flying and it seems like SVN is being refurbed. After SVN is refurbed, all 772ER destinations except AKL and CHC will get the refit and this leaves SVH,SVK and SVO to serve CHC and AKL after September. Perhaps SVO is on its way out as sq is only refurbishing 10.

Comment

• I am going to travel on the refitted 772ER in J next month. I'd appreciate some advice on seat selection please.

I am deciding whether or not to pick a seat in row 11. It appears that 11AK are designated as bassinet seats while 11DF are not. However, from a couple of photos posted online, it seems that ALL the IFE monitors are elevated compared to the other seats (ala 17AK on the 388)

I personally enjoy row 11 on the 77W but not so much on row 17 on the 380 (due to the elevated monitors and close proximity to the galleys). Could anyone advise if the IFE screens and the galleys posed a problem to overall flight enjoyment when you flew in row 11?

Thanks!

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                      SVM has started flying and it seems like SVN is being refurbed. After SVN is refurbed, all 772ER destinations except AKL and CHC will get the refit and this leaves SVH,SVK and SVO to serve CHC and AKL after September. Perhaps SVO is on its way out as sq is only refurbishing 10.
                      What about CPH? Will it be refitted or unrefitted?

Comment

it seems like CPH will get these refitted planes by next week, since SVM is just out of refurbishments. once the next plane is refurbed, probably SVN, FCO will get these planes.

Comment

CPH will be refitted on Wed, Thu and Sat until the next is refitted then all flights to CPH and FCO will be refitted.

Comment

• Originally posted by eriond View Post
                            I am going to travel on the refitted 772ER in J next month. I'd appreciate some advice on seat selection please.

I am deciding whether or not to pick a seat in row 11. It appears that 11AK are designated as bassinet seats while 11DF are not. However, from a couple of photos posted online, it seems that ALL the IFE monitors are elevated compared to the other seats (ala 17AK on the 388)

I personally enjoy row 11 on the 77W but not so much on row 17 on the 380 (due to the elevated monitors and close proximity to the galleys). Could anyone advise if the IFE screens and the galleys posed a problem to overall flight enjoyment when you flew in row 11?

Thanks!
                            I just flew in 11D (and slept in 11F today, because the sleeping seatbelt of 11D was broken) and the IFE monitors are elevated, but if you use the little button on top of the monitors, you can then tilt them down - I had no trouble watching it while lying down.

No impact from the galley at all, but then I've never been bothered by any galley noise with my QCs on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                              Booked on a SIN-MNL flight in August and it's showing the refitted Business cabin
                              Which flight is using the refitted J ?

Comment

• It was SQ910 on 5 Aug. Changed my plans and took CX ex HKG instead, so can't comment on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X