772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eminere™ View Post
    Sorry if this has already been asked and answered, but would this be the aircraft used on SQ242/241 between SYD and SIN? Is this refitted J product the same as that on the A380?
    The only real difference to my knowledge is the trimmed down content on Krisworld. You'll find much less choice in what you can listen to and watch because the old system can't store as much as the newer systems on the 773ER and A380. Fortunately it's not as bad as the old 747 system, though.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      The only real difference to my knowledge is the trimmed down content on Krisworld. You'll find much less choice in what you can listen to and watch because the old system can't store as much as the newer systems on the 773ER and A380. Fortunately it's not as bad as the old 747 system, though.
      Ah good to know. Thank you!

Comment

Unless I'm missing something, didn't the 744s have the same IFE system as the 772ERs?

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
          Unless I'm missing something, didn't the 744s have the same IFE system as the 772ERs?
          If i am not wrong the 747 had the Wiseman 3000 with AVOD but had the very crappy screen while the 772ER had the wiseman 3000i system which was somewhat better and the screen was also much better. The systems on the 772ERs have been refreshed though, making it look much more organized.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
            If i am not wrong the 747 had the Wiseman 3000 with AVOD but had the very crappy screen while the 772ER had the wiseman 3000i system which was somewhat better and the screen was also much better. The systems on the 772ERs have been refreshed though, making it look much more organized.
            I'm not familiar with any of the names and numbers but this sounds correct. The 744s had tiny, poor quality screens and a menu system that was painful to navigate. The 772ERs have the same 'look and feel' as the current 'standard' 77W/380/330 product but with certain functionality and content missing.

The current 772ER refurb is simply installing larger screens.

Comment

• Has the refit "stop" anything to do with the delayed 787 Dreamliner delivery to Royal Brunai Airline (RBA)? RBA had ordered 787 to replace the 4 777-200 they had leased from SIA (9V-SVA, D, F, G). The first 787 delivery should had been in August 2013 with start service September, was delivered prime October with planed star service December.

Poul

Comment

• Originally posted by EKCH View Post
                Has the refit "stop" anything to do with the delayed 787 Dreamliner delivery to Royal Brunai Airline (RBA)? RBA had ordered 787 to replace the 4 777-200 they had leased from SIA (9V-SVA, D, F, G). The first 787 delivery should had been in August 2013 with start service September, was delivered prime October with planed star service December.

Poul
                It's an interesting point, but from what I know, I don't think so. The refit announcement was for 10 planes. 8 have been completed. SVH, SVK & SVO are yet to be done and we know SVO is leased and therefore unlikely to be a refit. That's all SV* series in current fleet accounted for.

I suspect the stop may be due to the troop movement operations out of Australia that happened over the past week and maybe to give the refitters some annual leave.

Comment

• SVH hasn't been flying since the 14th. I'm guessing it is being refitted now?

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                  It's an interesting point, but from what I know, I don't think so. The refit announcement was for 10 planes. 8 have been completed. SVH, SVK & SVO are yet to be done and we know SVO is leased and therefore unlikely to be a refit. That's all SV* series in current fleet accounted for.

I suspect the stop may be due to the troop movement operations out of Australia that happened over the past week and maybe to give the refitters some annual leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by iloveflying View Post
                    SVH hasn't been flying since the 14th. I'm guessing it is being refitted now?
                    Oh yes. I believe it is being refitted as the CHC flights will probably be getting the refurbs by November although i doubt it would be ready for my CHC flight on 3 November...

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                      Oh yes. I believe it is being refitted as the CHC flights will probably be getting the refurbs by November although i doubt it would be ready for my CHC flight on 3 November...
                      SVH has just flown to Rome so that blows that theory.

Comment

Hmm... it probably was under some maintenance but SQ is taking an oddly long time to start refurbishing SVH and SVK. Highly doubt that Christchurch will get the refurbished planes by November as speculated.

Comment

• They always said from the outset that it would take until next February to complete the project, but we made all kinds of predictions based on one per month that it would be done much sooner. Obviously they knew something we didn't.

Comment

Ahh, I'm guessing now you saw that on flightradar24.

Used to be a very accurate website a year ago but these days it's rubbish which is a real shame.

SQ366 only operates 3x weekly and in the last 8 days it lists 11 entries. iCargoNet is far more accurate but only allows single date enquiries.

On Oct 20, SVB flew SQ366 which is listed on fr24 as both Oct19 and Oct 20.

SVH is listed on Oct 21, but there is no flight on that date.

There was actually a flight on Oct22 which could be mistaken for Oct21 as it is a 1am departure, but this was flown by SVE according to iCargo.

Flightradar says SVE is heading to AMS. Search SQ324 on fr24 and you will find both SVM and SVE headed to AMS on this date. ICargo says SVI flew this flight on the same date.

The problem with fr24 is that when you check the flight listing against the aircraft listing, they don't match up and there are frequent multiple and parallel entries. Some flights can't be searched for, such as SQ207, yet when you search by aircraft, you find entries for that flight. As I said, it's sad because it used to be a great source of info.

flightradar24 needs a new slogan- "Intended For Novelty Purposes Only"
                            Last edited by SQ228; 22 October 2013, 04:51 PM. Reason: typos

Comment

Ahh, I'm guessing now you saw that on flightradar24.

Used to be a very accurate website a year ago but these days it's rubbish which is a real shame.

SQ366 only operates 3x weekly and in the last 8 days it lists 11 entries. iCargoNet is far more accurate but only allows single date enquiries.

On Oct 20, SVB flew SQ366 which is listed on fr24 as both Oct19 and Oct 20.

SVH is listed on Oct 21, but there is no flight on that date.

There was actually a flight on Oct22 which could be mistaken for Oct21 as it is a 1am departure, but this was flown by SVE according to iCargo.

Flightradar says SVE is heading to AMS. Search SQ324 on fr24 and you will find both SVM and SVE headed to AMS on this date. ICargo says SVI flew this flight on the same date.

The problem with fr24 is that when you check the flight listing against the aircraft listing, they don't match up and there are frequent multiple and parallel entries. Some flights can't be searched for, such as SQ207, yet when you search by aircraft, you find entries for that flight. As I said, it's sad because it used to be a great source of info.

flightradar24 needs a new slogan- "Intended For Novelty Purposes Only"
                              Well, SVH is indeed not being refurbished yet as both ICargo and Flightradar confirmed that SVH did BKK today.

Comment

• sorry noob question
                                what is the ICargo website?

Comment

Working...
                                X