Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
    AMS, BOM, CPT and now SYD.

SQ 241/2 flights to/from SYD appear to now be upgraded to refitted planes.
    Yup. Never expected SYD to be so fast in getting these planes. i guess it is "in between". CHC also gets reather interesting planes now, some refits, some 773...

Comment

• Sorry for being the blur sotong here...

The SQ website mentioned that there are 4 retrofitted Boeing 777-200ERs and 7 non-retrofitted ones. So far, I followed this thread and found out that 9V-SVE, -SVI and -SVL have been retrofitted. Which retrofitted plane am I missing?

Thanks for helping
      Last edited by FSJZ; 3 June 2013, 05:49 PM. Reason: Clarification

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
        Sorry for being the blur sotong here...

The SQ website mentioned that there are 4 retrofitted Boeing 777-200ERs and 7 non-retrofitted ones. So far, I followed this thread and found out that 9V-SVE, -SVI and -SVL have been retrofitted. Which plane am I missing?

Thanks for helping
        9V-SVB SVC will be completing its refurbishment in a few days time i suppose..

Comment

• Any update for CPH?

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
            Any update for CPH?
            I'm flying SQ352 in 3 weeks and it's not a refit. IST, CPH and FCO are not daily but all fly at similar times. As a set they need about three craft to cover all flights, with one refit due to commence shortly. One could guess at all three destinations being covered by end of August, but it will depend on what day you might fly as to a refit or not.

Also, as we pass the point where there are less to be refitted than those already done, it may get harder to predict, although a non-refit may end up captive to CHC for a few weeks!

Comment

I'm flying SQ352 in 3 weeks and it's not a refit. IST, CPH and FCO are not daily but all fly at similar times. As a set they need about three craft to cover all flights, with one refit due to commence shortly. One could guess at all three destinations being covered by end of August, but it will depend on what day you might fly as to a refit or not.

Also, as we pass the point where there are less to be refitted than those already done, it may get harder to predict, although a non-refit may end up captive to CHC for a few weeks!
              Yup. Probably CHC and AKL will be the last to get the refits since they only need 1 plane each. Somehow CHC has been getting quite a few other planes recently though...

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                9V-SVB SVC will be completing its refurbishment in a few days time i suppose..
                Seems that it went into air for a test flight today... FR24 shows a SQ8877 flight today from SVC.

Persumely it will return to service tonight

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                  Seems that it went into air for a test flight today... FR24 shows a SQ8877 flight today from SVC.

Persumely it will return to service tonight
                  It will probably start service tomorrow to Istanbul. Seems like SVJ is the next refurb. Does anyone also knows why CHC gets the refurbed 777-200s now instead of the usual 200ER??

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                    It will probably start service tomorrow to Istanbul. Seems like SVJ is the next refurb. Does anyone also knows why CHC gets the refurbed 777-200s now instead of the usual 200ER??
                    Yes, it appears SVC has headed to IST. SVJ may be the next refurb, although SVN is also out of action, so one may be a fault, the other the next refurb- time will tell.

With CHC I'm thinking that maybe now they've divided a fleet of only 11 planes in half, taken one out of action for refurb and might have another grounded for tech issues (which can happen at any time), they might be struggling at moment to cover all flights.

They can't free up planes for the essential Europe flights by substituting BKK, BOM etc as these just fill gaps in between Euro flights. So they have to take out either AKL or CHC as these destinations tie up a craft for 24 hours but can be reached by non-ER models, unlike Europe/CPT

Comment

Yes, it appears SVC has headed to IST. SVJ may be the next refurb, although SVN is also out of action, so one may be a fault, the other the next refurb- time will tell.
                      SVJ is the one in refurb. SVN is now out in flying.

Cheers
                      Mik

Comment

• Look like FCO will get the refitted aircraft start from 9 AUG

It's already show on the reservation seat map.

I still waiting for CHC route to get the refitted aircraft My flight is on FEB next year. Any chance for me?

Comment

• Originally posted by KOSMOS View Post
                          Look like FCO will get the refitted aircraft start from 9 AUG

It's already show on the reservation seat map.

I still waiting for CHC route to get the refitted aircraft My flight is on FEB next year. Any chance for me?
                          Pretty sure the retrofit plan will be completed by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                            Pretty sure the retrofit plan will be completed by then.
                            Thank you for your confirmation. I am very happy with it. Spacebed and New J are huge deference.

Comment

• just to summarise, does anyone know which aircraft are yet to be upgraded but due to be? Seems like they're almost there!

Comment

• Originally posted by pungpui View Post
                                just to summarise, does anyone know which aircraft are yet to be upgraded but due to be? Seems like they're almost there!
                                SVJ is being upgraded and that leaves SVH,K,M,N,O as the unrefurbed ones but they are all due to be refurbed.

Comment

Working...
                                X