No announcement yet.

772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9V-SVL now working AMS alternately with 9V-SVE; both scheduled to start flying to BOM from the end of the month during the layover between AMS flights.

9V-SVI hasn't flown for about 10 days now, so likely it's the next refit in progress.

Anyone heard any rumours of the next destinations? I'm going to guess at the next pair working an IST/SYD combination. IST departs SIN late enough and returns early enough to allow interworking with SQ241/2 which has already been flagged to get the refits.

Comment

The next destination looks like JNB. The website (timetable and bookings) is showing one refitted 772ER operating from 13 April.

Comment

Thanks for the info MRW. That's a destination that usually doesn't get much attention paid to it!

Looks like they've done some re-timings from Mar 31 so that it will arrive back in SIN at 0610 regardless of whether it came from CPT or just JNB only. I'm reckoning that's so they can roster it onto a regular onward flight- arrival not early enough for SQ241 though.

Comment

Originally posted by bent View Post
          a little birdie tells me SIN-AMSvv will get the new 772J 3x a week from Jan 12th and daily from Mar 12th

Followed by JNB, CPT, IST, CPH, FCO, CHC and AKL in that order...
          It looks like Bent was on the money.

I just checked the website again and it appears that a second refitted 772ER will fly the JNB/CPT route from 12 May.

Comment

Looks like they are refitting one per month, so we would expect IST/CPH to get the refitted birds from around June 12.

Comment

Looks like they will be completing one refit per month. I'm booked on SIN-CPH late June which will be the old configuration, then flying back AMS-SIN in July on the new layout, so I'll be able to compare the difference in Y and farewell the old shortly before CPH goes refit it would seem.

Comment

Originally posted by Sethor View Post
                Looks like they are refitting one per month, so we would expect IST/CPH to get the refitted birds from around June 12.
                Snap!

CPH no longer neatly fits the gaps of IST anymore as both are now going 5x weekly. They'll need a set of three refits to completely service IST and CPH so by mid-September they'll probably have both fully upgraded.

Comment

I would guess CPH will get the refit before IST, but they could alternate the days when the next refit comes into service.

Comment

I will fly first time with sq to CHC in J Feb next year. Do you guy think is the new J seating will be available for chc flight in that time? And what is the current seat in J like. The space ed or the new regional? Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by KOSMOS View Post
                      I will fly first time with sq to CHC in J Feb next year. Do you guy think is the new J seating will be available for chc flight in that time? And what is the current seat in J like. The space ed or the new regional? Thanks
                      Welcome Kosmos!

At the current rate of refits it would seem likely CHC might have one by Feb '14, although between now and then they could decide to switch to another type of plane for all we know now. 11 months can be a long time in the world of aviation...

I know that what is being removed is the Spacebed from J and what is going in it's place isn't "regional" as these are long haul planes. What type of seats are going into J would have to be answered by a J traveller, which is most people on here but not me!

Comment

looking forward to the change

was in the spacebedded 772ER to JNB last week and whilst i enjoyed the upright experience, i must confess to feeling a bit sore after sleeping sideways (best way to stop sliding down too far) overnight. am glad that my next flight to AMS will be on the new J seats which i imagine to be similar to those in the 777 and 388....or am i deluding myself?

Comment

Originally posted by cplh View Post
                          was in the spacebedded 772ER to JNB last week and whilst i enjoyed the upright experience, i must confess to feeling a bit sore after sleeping sideways (best way to stop sliding down too far) overnight. am glad that my next flight to AMS will be on the new J seats which i imagine to be similar to those in the 777 and 388....or am i deluding myself?
                          I quite like the Spacebeds for lounging around. The "new" J seats don't recline that much.

From what I hear the pitch has been reduced considerably on the refurbed configuration, but I suppose they're still better than the Spacebeds for sleeping.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                            Welcome Kosmos!

At the current rate of refits it would seem likely CHC might have one by Feb '14, although between now and then they could decide to switch to another type of plane for all we know now. 11 months can be a long time in the world of aviation...

I know that what is being removed is the Spacebed from J and what is going in it's place isn't "regional" as these are long haul planes. What type of seats are going into J would have to be answered by a J traveller, which is most people on here but not me!
                            thank you for a warm welcoming and for the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by cplh View Post
                              i imagine to be similar to those in the 777 and 388....or am i deluding myself?
                              You imagined correct

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                                From what I hear the pitch has been reduced considerably on the refurbed configuration, but I suppose they're still better than the Spacebeds for sleeping.
                                naive question : if the pitch is reduced, how do the beds fold out flat?

Comment

Working...
                                X