772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
    Yup. if all the planes continue to be refurbed, they will take up to around February next year to complete. This doesn't sound good for my flight to CHC this year end since sources have stated that NZ will be the last to receive the refurbed planes
    Here's a thought.. Take the 77W and connect on NZ.

Comment

Yup. if all the planes continue to be refurbed, they will take up to around February next year to complete. This doesn't sound good for my flight to CHC this year end since sources have stated that NZ will be the last to receive the refurbed planes
      IST, CPH and FCO are the only remaining 24+hr destinations left that all depart SIN around midnight. None of these are daily destinations and FCO basically fits the gaps of the other two, so by early September these flights should be covered. Destinations such as SYD have been chosen as they will 'fit the gap' between all these flights.

By that reckoning, AKL/CHC could be getting refitted 200ERs by early October. If not and if you're travelling in Y (guessing?), you'll still get a good product. It's the J passengers that are really disadvantaged with the non-refits.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
        IST, CPH and FCO are the only remaining 24+hr destinations left that all depart SIN around midnight. None of these are daily destinations and FCO basically fits the gaps of the other two, so by early September these flights should be covered. Destinations such as SYD have been chosen as they will 'fit the gap' between all these flights.

By that reckoning, AKL/CHC could be getting refitted 200ERs by early October. If not and if you're travelling in Y (guessing?), you'll still get a good product. It's the J passengers that are really disadvantaged with the non-refits.
        Yup. Im in Y ,sadly. At least the older Y seats are still more comfortable for long haul rather than the new poorly designed seats, although it is better to have a larger screen on the refit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
          Here's a thought.. Take the 77W and connect on NZ.
          Well, if i am stopping in AKL, i might as well book Jetstar, as i did last year. They are actually quite decent for a LCC and with food and some pre purchase amenities, its similar to a full-service carrier! Their cabin crews are also rather friendly, some even better than on a SQ flight i took where the crew were grumpy...

Comment

do you know what this means for FCO as well? Is the same aircraft used to service NZ flights also used to service FCO?

Comment

• Originally posted by pungpui View Post
              do you know what this means for FCO as well? Is the same aircraft used to service NZ flights also used to service FCO?
              Probably not. Flights to 1 destination in NZ uses only 1 plane as the total return flight time is just over 20 hours and turnarounds are quite short so it should not be the same plane.

Comment

SVB showing up in records as ready to rejoin the fleet and SVC appears to be the next refurb- out of action since returning from CPT four days ago.
                SVB is now back in service but it seems like SVC is not being refurbed yet. it is flying now after a short (maintenance?) "break"

Comment

SVB is now back in service but it seems like SVC is not being refurbed yet. it is flying now after a short (maintenance?) "break"
                  I'm wondering if something didn't go quite to plan with SVB.

SVC did a flight to AMS and back. Either they needed a non-refitted plane in a hurry or that was one very fast refurb...

Comment

I'm wondering if something didn't go quite to plan with SVB.

SVC did a flight to AMS and back. Either they needed a non-refitted plane in a hurry or that was one very fast refurb...
                    SVC flew to AMS before SVB was flying. I guess it is because they overbooked? since the non-refurbs have more Y and J. It is impossible for SQ to refurb a plane in 4 days though

Comment

• SVC appears to be in Refurb now. I guess they had to pull it off its refurb to operate SIN-AMS few days ago as they urgently needed a old 772ER as the 772ER refurbs do not have enough seats for the overbooked pax.

Comment

SVC appears to be in Refurb now. I guess they had to pull it off its refurb to operate SIN-AMS few days ago as they urgently needed a old 772ER as the 772ER refurbs do not have enough seats for the overbooked pax.
                        I highly doubt an AMS flight planned to be operated by a refitted 772ER at least six months ago would have been overbooked.

I think a last minute tech fault with SVB is a much more likely explanation.

Comment

SVC appears to be in Refurb now. I guess they had to pull it off its refurb to operate SIN-AMS few days ago as they urgently needed a old 772ER as the 772ER refurbs do not have enough seats for the overbooked pax.
                          Seems to me that SVK may be in refurb as well - or maybe in short maintenance? FR24 is usually be trusted by me, and it seems that SVK hasn't been flying since arriving back to SIN on morning of 15May.

Btw, how many refurb line is open @ SIN?

Cheers
                          Michael

Comment

• Originally posted by eamond View Post
                            Seems to me that SVK may be in refurb as well - or maybe in short maintenance? FR24 is usually be trusted by me, and it seems that SVK hasn't been flying since arriving back to SIN on morning of 15May.

Btw, how many refurb line is open @ SIN?

Cheers
                            Michael
                            SQ only refurbs 1 772ER at a time. they do not have enough of these planes to fly if they pull out more than 1. SVK is probably in routine maintainance/ long layover as some 772ERs have rather long layovers between flights.
                            Last edited by JonLee; 17 May 2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

S! only refurbs 1 772ER at a time. they do not have enough of these planes to fly if they pull out more than 1. SVK is probably in routine maintainance/ long layover as some 772ERs have rather long layovers between flights.
                              Yeah seems to be right, flew to CPH last night

Oh well, at least I don't need to expect on my SQ281 to AKL in July....

Comment

• AMS, BOM, CPT and now SYD.

SQ 241/2 flights to/from SYD appear to now be upgraded to refitted planes.

Comment

Working...
                                X