772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by KOSMOS View Post
    I think by FY2013/2014 for singapore airline should mean at the end of March 2014. You can also find more information of singapore airline Financial calendar here http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...lendar2013.pdf

I have booked my SIN-CHC in February 2014 in J ( will be first time with sq after heard a lot of their good reputation ) I also cross my finger and hope that I will be with the refurbished 772ER. and still keep checking update from this thread everyday
    If all planes take about a month, the 10 planes should be finished by november, in not latest early 2014. However, SQ does not show when the refurbished birds will be flying to the stated destinations, like a booking to CHC next year still shows the old plane. however, it is very common for sq to do this and probably all they need to do is reshuffle passengers when they decide to put a refurbished plane on the route.

i believe they will all be refurbished by the time you fly . i am taking the same flight in november this year

Not sure why SQ took these planes off the route, but the refurbished and re-rated 200ER( SQI and SRN) were good for CHC and AKL. i took SQI to chc and back in Dec 2010 .. not sure why sq reverted to the unrefurbished SV series...
    Last edited by JonLee; 11 April 2013, 10:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
      Yup. It will probably be down in a few days. I have a feeling it might be SVM/N
      Hmmm, nice guess, but it's looking more like it's SVB

Comment

i believe they will all be refurbished by the time you fly . i am taking the same flight in november this year

Not sure why SQ took these planes off the route, but the refurbished and re-rated 200ER( SQI and SRN) were good for CHC and AKL. i took SQI to chc and back in Dec 2010 .. not sure why sq reverted to the unrefurbished SV series...
        Thank you it will be very nice for me to fly first time Singapore airline
        with refurbished J. I think it look very difference with the old spacebed. Anyway, I hope you will get it on the CHC route in nov too

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
          Hmmm, nice guess, but it's looking more like it's SVB
          yup. it has not been flying for about 5 days now so it should be under refurbishment. Strange though, since SQ is only refurbishing 10 of these planes but they have 11, and i though SVB would not be refurbished since it is the oldest. Not very sure which plane will not get refurbhishment

Comment

• It also seems like SVE is now operating for CPT/JNB and SVI and SVL now operate the Amsterdam flights.

Comment

It also seems like SVE is now operating for CPT/JNB and SVI and SVL now operate the Amsterdam flights.
              Hi! I am thinking of going to Cape Town in December, and will be taking JCL. I saw yesterday that the aircraft listed on the SQ website for the flight i will be taking is the 777-200. How do i tell if it will be the refurbished plane?

Thanks alot!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 638love View Post
                Hi! I am thinking of going to Cape Town in December, and will be taking JCL. I saw yesterday that the aircraft listed on the SQ website for the flight i will be taking is the 777-200. How do i tell if it will be the refurbished plane?

Thanks alot!!
                If it's that late into the year I'm pretty sure you'll get a refurbished bird.

It's the seatmap with 1-2-1 in J. 2-2-2 would be the old config.

Comment

• At the moment, anything could happen.

While AMS is getting full dedicated service by the refits, the "third" craft isn't just heading off to CPT as predicted. FCO saw a refit earlier this week and CHC a day before that.

Will have to wait to see if the completion of SVB brings CPT/JNB to daily refit service.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                    At the moment, anything could happen.

While AMS is getting full dedicated service by the refits, the "third" craft isn't just heading off to CPT as predicted. FCO saw a refit earlier this week and CHC a day before that.

Will have to wait to see if the completion of SVB brings CPT/JNB to daily refit service.
                    I guess it will since CPT/JNB are being served by SVE,SVI and SVL but some days are still the older ones since there is not enough refits. When SVB gets completed by may, i guess CPT/JNB will be getting all these birds. As for the FCO and CHC refit, i guess they just wanted to put the plane somewhere since te plane is probably parking there for quite a while

Comment

• Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                      If it's that late into the year I'm pretty sure you'll get a refurbished bird.

It's the seatmap with 1-2-1 in J. 2-2-2 would be the old config.
                      Great thanks! The seat map does show 1-2-1. But yea, so late in the year, I guess anything can happen in between

Comment

• Originally posted by 638love View Post
                        Great thanks! The seat map does show 1-2-1. But yea, so late in the year, I guess anything can happen in between
                        Yup. But it is very likely since by next month, CPT/JNB will all be by refitted planes and by the end of the year, most of the 772ERs will be refurbished, so i believe that your aircraft should not be changed

Comment

• Very Interestingly, SQ297 to Christchurch over the last 3 days has seen a refitted 773 and a 777-200! Finally 9V-SQI is back on this route after 2 years. It is probably one of the most interesting Airplane in SQ's fleet to have its derated engines RE-rated but yet being of a different engine model from other SV series 772ERs, so even though it can fly as far as the "real" 772ERs, its engine limitations does not allow it to operated flights to Europe for some reason

Comment

• Are the beds on these shorter? I slept in 12A of SVI recently and it felt shorter than usual.

Comment

• its engine limitations does not allow it to operated flights to Europe for some reason
                              How do you come to that conclusion? I would have thought it wasnt operating in Europe because it has the regional seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                                How do you come to that conclusion? I would have thought it wasnt operating in Europe because it has the regional seats.
                                well, i think i saw it somewhere about the older oxygen system, but i may be wrong. About regional seats, how is 11 hours to NZ "regional" LOL. SQ is really getting things wrong here

Comment

Working...
                                X