No announcement yet.

772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You sleep at an angle & seat width is increased going from 6 to 4 abreast.

Comment

Photos of 9V-SVE business seats after J refit:

New:
      http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...52db12f985c5e2

Old:
      http://www.airliners.net/photo/Singa...b106a05b120563

Comment

Thanks for sharing.

But why is SVE in HKG?

Comment

The pitch does look pretty tight. Has anyone experienced it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            Thanks for sharing.

But why is SVE in HKG?
            It did a few shorter runs to places on a random basis back when it was only doing 3 returns to AMS per week.

Flight24 has it recorded as flying SQ856/861 on March 6 and SQ 890/1 on March 8. As well as HKG it's also flown to BKK and MNL but nothing except AMS since March 10.

In a couple of days SVE and SVL will commence the planned daily BOM services in between each AMS flight.

Comment

I wouldn't want to find myself in the last row of J. Seeing only one window with a tighter than other rows pitch.

Anyone has any first hand experieces?

Comment

Has anyone seen any pictures of the refitted Enonomy?

I'm curious whether they put in new seats or just new covers and PTV screens..

Hope the former, the 'old' seats are more comfy on a long flight IMO

Comment

Originally posted by IM@AMS View Post
                  Has anyone seen any pictures of the refitted Enonomy?

I'm curious whether they put in new seats or just new covers and PTV screens..

Hope the former, the 'old' seats are more comfy on a long flight IMO
                  a friend has been in retrofitted Y. They are new covers and bigger screens but not the same screens as the 77W.
                  Last edited by FN-GM; 31 March 2013, 06:27 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                    a friend has been in new Y. They are new covers and bigger screens but not the same screens as the 77W.
                    Wonder y they did not upgrade to the 777W with better resolution since they are going to change the screen anyway?

Comment

The screens in the 772ER Y were never really that small and they were still in good condition. Perhaps if they were upgraded they got the same product as the 773 refits.

Anyone know if the tray tables and the other parts of the seat backs are the same? They aren't as good as the 77W/388 product obviously, but still better than many other older versions. I like the little bits of mesh up near the screen for holding headphones or my glasses as I sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Stratoliner777 View Post
                        Thanks for sharing.

Small point but from the pic of the refitted 772ER J seat, the triangular seat side compartment and headset hanger looks more like from the 77W than the A388. Wonder if the two centre seats are separated completely (ie no walk-thru) as in the 77W.... seems like they may be. Anyone with experience?
                        Last edited by KC*; 1 April 2013, 01:54 PM.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GTcRj3DbpY

Found this on youtube - it looks like essentially a large amount of pictures all smashed up together in a 2 minute video. But it shows economy screens, and a massive split down the middle (when compared to 77W and A380) between the 2 middle seats - wonder why they did that? Seats also appear noticeably narrower.

i just play and paused to see it properly - it will give you a headache after 2 minutes of watching it nonstop

Comment

Originally posted by pungpui View Post
                            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GTcRj3DbpY

Found this on youtube - it looks like essentially a large amount of pictures all smashed up together in a 2 minute video. But it shows economy screens, and a massive split down the middle (when compared to 77W and A380) between the 2 middle seats - wonder why they did that? Seats also appear noticeably narrower.

i just play and paused to see it properly - it will give you a headache after 2 minutes of watching it nonstop
                            That's Flying Dan's TR: http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13314

Comment

The whole screen section of the seat in Y appears to have been replaced. The old version has substantial recessed areas on either side of the screen set into the plastic.

We need some proper investigation to find out more- I'm flying to Europe on the old and returning on the new, but that's not til end of June.

Comment

The Seats in Y just got new covers, but not the same as the refurbished 777-200, just the different colours. the 9 inch screen is the same as the refurbished 772s and Krisworld is just a Refreshed one. However, when making a "dummy" booking with SQ on these birds, it is displayed as the latest economy class seats!

Comment

Working...
                                X