No announcement yet.

772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official press release says 10 aircraft will be refitted. Currently there are 11 in the fleet. Which is the one not to be refitted, and what's going to happen to it?

Comment

• Originally posted by 259850 View Post
      The official press release says 10 aircraft will be refitted. Currently there are 11 in the fleet. Which is the one not to be refitted, and what's going to happen to it?
      Well, it seems as if SQ will be refurbishing all and even the oldest of them, SVB has been refurbed. No idea which one will be unrefurbed if SQ is really going to refurbish only 10.

Comment

The official press release says 10 aircraft will be refitted. Currently there are 11 in the fleet. Which is the one not to be refitted, ...?
        It'll probably be the one I get on next.

Comment

• OK, in the absence of any other plausible theory, and given that the eldest 3 have all been refurbed already, I'm going to take a guess and say the youngest, SVO will not be refitted.

Why? It's actually quite a bit younger than the others. All the other non-refits are between 10.4 and 11.1 years old at present, whereas SVO is 9.3.

Faced with a delayed A350, they are patching these craft up to keep them in service in the meantime. If they've identified that they have one jet surplus to requirement, the one they will get the most money from selling off is the one that hasn't turned 10.

I'm happy to see this theory pulled apart because it's just guesswork.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
            OK, in the absence of any other plausible theory, and given that the eldest 3 have all been refurbed already, I'm going to take a guess and say the youngest, SVO will not be refitted.

Why? It's actually quite a bit younger than the others. All the other non-refits are between 10.4 and 11.1 years old at present, whereas SVO is 9.3.

Faced with a delayed A350, they are patching these craft up to keep them in service in the meantime. If they've identified that they have one jet surplus to requirement, the one they will get the most money from selling off is the one that hasn't turned 10.

Well, This might be true since the current unrefurbed 200ERs fly routes such as to BKK and MNL as a fill in between their long stopovers, so maybe SQ could just get rid of the extra craft which is not needed to cut maintainance cost too? and this is the opposite as with the 777-200/300s where SQ got rid of the older ones and refurbished the newer ones.

Comment

• Any updates on 9V-SVJ? How long does SQ need to fully refurbish an aircraft?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                Any updates on 9V-SVJ? How long does SQ need to fully refurbish an aircraft?
                SVJ will be ready in probably 1 week? SQ normally takes around 1 month to refurb 1 plane

Comment

According to the annual report, one of the 200ERs is on an operating lease that ends in Fiscal Year ending Mar 15. So with less than 2 years to go on the lease, that's the one that's not going to be refurbished I'm guessing. I'm sure it's going to become the most hated plane on the fleet until it leaves.

Comment

According to the annual report, one of the 200ERs is on an operating lease that ends in Fiscal Year ending Mar 15. So with less than 2 years to go on the lease, that's the one that's not going to be refurbished I'm guessing. I'm sure it's going to become the most hated plane on the fleet until it leaves.
                    Now that's some useful information to add in! All we need now is which plane is the one this applies to.

I'm going to leave my money on SVO only because of its age being unique compared to its class. A sort of "let's get just one more but lease it" decision.

Agree with you about its future reputation- the torch was passed from SYE to SQF and now to SV?

Comment

• When travelling Y, my most dreaded aircraft is 9V-SKL as I believe it is still flying without footrests in the back.
                      The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Now that's some useful information to add in! All we need now is which plane is the one this applies to.

I'm going to leave my money on SVO only because of its age being unique compared to its class. A sort of "let's get just one more but lease it" decision.

Agree with you about its future reputation- the torch was passed from SYE to SQF and now to SV?
                        Yup its probably is SVO since its delivery date to SQ is near mar 15 and by next year, it will be almost exactly 10 years so i would guess it is on a 10 year lease?

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
                          Yup its probably is SVO since its delivery date to SQ is near mar 15 and by next year, it will be almost exactly 10 years so i would guess it is on a 10 year lease?
                          http://www.singaporeair.com/pdf/Inve...report1213.pdf

According to the annual report page 196 (downloadable from the link above), 3 out of the 11 772ERs are on operating leases, with 1 due in fiscal year ending March 2015 (the end date can be anytime between 1 Apr 2014 and 31 Mar 2015, they don't disclose that level of info).

Also, the lease terms SQ enters into do vary, so it is hard to identify the exact aircraft. Quote from page 168:

"The Company has 3 B777-200, 3 B777-200ER, 2 B777-300, 20 A330-300 and 9 A380-800 aircraft under operating
                          leases with fixed rental rates. Under 5 of the aircraft lease agreements, the rentals will be adjusted if one-month LIBOR
                          exceeds 6.50% per annum.

The original lease terms range from 5 to 10.5 years. In 4 of the aircraft lease agreements, the Company holds options
                          to extend the lease for a further maximum period of 5 years. In 5 other aircraft lease agreements, the Company holds
                          options to extend the leases for a further maximum period of 3 years and in 24 others, the Company holds the options
                          to extend the leases for a further maximum period of 2 years. For one lease, the Company has the option to terminate
                          the lease 2 years in advance of the lease expiry date. For the other 3 agreements, there is no option for renewal.
                          Sub-leasing is allowed under all the lease arrangements."

And it may get more interesting when the leases on the 4 772ERs leased out (SVD-G) end. Quote from page 169:

"The Company’s existing commercial aircraft leases for 6 B777-200ER aircraft continued during the year in accordance
                          with the lease contracts. The non-cancellable lease contracts were originally for a basic lease term of 2 years and
                          6 months for the first 3 aircraft and 2 years for the other 3 aircraft. The lease term for 4 of the aircraft had been
                          extended for periods ranging from 12 months to 20 months. During the financial year, 2 of the aircraft leases ceased
                          on expiry of the lease term (SVB and SVC)."
                          Last edited by 259850; 1 July 2013, 05:01 PM.

Comment

And it may get more interesting when the leases on the 4 772ERs leased out (SVD-G) end. Quote from page 169:

"The Company’s existing commercial aircraft leases for 6 B777-200ER aircraft continued during the year in accordance with the lease contracts. The non-cancellable lease contracts were originally for a basic lease term of 2 years and 6 months for the first 3 aircraft and 2 years for the other 3 aircraft. The lease term for 4 of the aircraft had been extended for periods ranging from 12 months to 20 months. During the financial year, 2 of the aircraft leases ceased on expiry of the lease term (SVB and SVC)."
                            Thanks 259850 for clarifying! Aren't the four 777-200ERs still with Royal Brunei 9V-SVA, SVD, SVF, SVG? Will SQ be refitting them when they are returned or will they be retired immediately?

Comment

• Originally posted by FSJZ View Post
                              Thanks 259850 for clarifying! Aren't the four 777-200ERs still with Royal Brunei 9V-SVA, SVD, SVF, SVG? Will SQ be refitting them when they are returned or will they be retired immediately?
                              I might have gotten the regs wrong but yes the reference is to the 4 planes on wet lease to BI. I don't know what SQ's plans are for them when they are returned. BI presumably will hold on to them until its 787s are delivered. So there's still some uncertainty on when SQ gets them back.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                                When travelling Y, my most dreaded aircraft is 9V-SKL as I believe it is still flying without footrests in the back.
                                Ahhh, could THIS be linked to why SKL has been grounded for so long?

Comment

Working...
                                X