772ER refitted J

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IM@AMS View Post
    I think SVB is still being refurbished, as she's not been flying for 3 weeks. SVJ last flew 2 days ago so not sure if that means refurb.
    Correct. Back in the skies today for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City and back.

They've cancelled so many flights over the last few days they probably just didn't need as many planes.
    Last edited by SQ228; 4 May 2013, 10:06 PM. Reason: Ooops, not been called Saigon for a while now...

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
      Correct. Back in the skies today for a flight to Ho Chi Minh City and back.

They've cancelled so many flights over the last few days they probably just didn't need as many planes.
      well, looks like SVJ is not having a refurb just yet. I wonder which aircraft is going to be refurbished since they need another refurbished bird by next month. CHC has also been getting other aircrafts like the 773 and the refitted 777-200 with"regional" seats. Maybe they are short of 772ERs or maybe the loads are light

Comment

• Originally posted by JonLee View Post
        CHC has also been getting other aircrafts like the 773 and the refitted 777-200 with"regional" seats. Maybe they are short of 772ERs or maybe the loads are light
        Guess they are short of 772ERs. On a recent CHC-SIN flight, the aircraft was swapped to a retrofitted regional 72R, and more than 15 lucky economy pax were upgraded to Business due to the reduction in the number of economy seats.
        My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
          Guess they are short of 772ERs. On a recent CHC-SIN flight, the aircraft was swapped to a retrofitted regional 72R, and more than 15 lucky economy pax were upgraded to Business due to the reduction in the number of economy seats.
          Hmm.. seems like the loads in business are not really good for CHC enabling the swap. AKL has been getting the 200ERS so i guess it is doing much better

Comment

Hmm.. seems like the loads in business are not really good for CHC enabling the swap. AKL has been getting the 200ERS so i guess it is doing much better
            Pls help us understand why doing better = an ER?

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
              AKl must be doing really well because it gets a 300ER as well! Lucky AKL! Nice to have confirmation of AKL's economic health in this manner. Thanks SQ!

Comment

• They wanted to keep ya happy, mate

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                  The 200ER has more capacity than the 72R. although there is 8 less seats in J, there are much more seats in Y ( nearly 30) so if economy and business are ratehr full, there is no way to swap an equiptment to a 72R...

Comment

• In the past month, CHC has had two days of regional 772 flights and one day of 773 refit, if flight24 is to be trusted, which I often have doubts about. If loads to MEL have been light enough to axe one flight and downsize the other two within the same 24 hour period, maintaining a daily CHC flight has probably meant some pretty light loads on certain days.

Maybe a 772ER had a defective door seal and couldn't be replaced immediately. Maybe they had a spare 773 due to MEL reductions and decided to use the opportunity to do some light maintenance on a 772ER.

SYD has a daily regional 772 flight and it's only about 2 hours less than CHC and in the last few months of 9V-SYE, MEL got it as an equipment swap almost weekly, sometimes replacing a 77W.

I don't think any conclusions can be drawn from three ad hoc equipment swaps during a period that's seen numerous unexpected service reductions and significant rearrangements of operating craft as 772s exit and A330s enter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      They wanted to keep ya happy, mate
                      Kind of them, but I see way too much of the bl***y thing for my own health.

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                        Kind of them, but I see way too much of the bl***y thing for my own health.
                        Hmm... how can those 777s with their amazing engine noise cause any damage to anyone's health

Comment

Hmm... how can those 777s with their amazing engine noise cause any damage to anyone's health
                          Ok you lost me there... But I'm guessing the nature of the comment is linked to your (undisclosed) age

Comment

• Originally posted by Wan1dap View Post
                            Ok you lost me there... But I'm guessing the nature of the comment is linked to your (undisclosed) age
                            Hmm...i guess i misinterpreted what u meant previously

Comment

• SVB showing up in records as ready to rejoin the fleet and SVC appears to be the next refurb- out of action since returning from CPT four days ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ228 View Post
                                SVB showing up in records as ready to rejoin the fleet and SVC appears to be the next refurb- out of action since returning from CPT four days ago.
                                Yup. if all the planes continue to be refurbed, they will take up to around February next year to complete. This doesn't sound good for my flight to CHC this year end since sources have stated that NZ will be the last to receive the refurbed planes

Comment

Working...
                                X