No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried to book a SIN-HKG return around the Christmas holidays.

I went for my usual 'Flexi Saver' fare around S$720 but on picking the departure flight I was unable to pick a return even though the flight was listed as 'Available.' The button was grey and telling me the Fare Family didn't allow me to pick that flight even though I was trying to get both in the same 'Flexi Saver' column.

If you think it was my problem.....I called SQ and got the same flights. Booking was available from their side, just not mine!

Comment

• I booked HKG-SIN return this afternoon and want to get the e-ticket for ticket price claiming.

I went through all the menus and could not find the e-ticket number...just the booking reference. When I got into the e-ticket menu, it actually asked me to type in the e-ticket number but nowhere in "manage booking" can I find any e-ticket number starting with 618.

Can anyone help?

(Audio)

Comment

• Originally posted by Audio View Post
        I booked HKG-SIN return this afternoon and want to get the e-ticket for ticket price claiming.

I went through all the menus and could not find the e-ticket number...just the booking reference. When I got into the e-ticket menu, it actually asked me to type in the e-ticket number but nowhere in "manage booking" can I find any e-ticket number starting with 618.

Can anyone help?

(Audio)
        Audio, very easy. Click on your flight under Manage Booking. Right at the top right corner you should see Tickets and Receipts - click on it and you should see the ticket number on the left hand side.

Comment

• Mileage Accruable gets a twist.

Comment

• Originally posted by scooby5 View Post

Mileage Accruable gets a twist.
            same here.
            I thought that was my browser and network issue...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
              4) Whose idea is it to have a "Graphical trip builder" in the Booking page? You must be crazy right? Even simple non-graphical trip builder is so slow .. you expect a customer to have the patience to use a graphical builder ????? Have you even try using it yourself?
              What is a "Graphical trip builder" ?
              visit my blog

Comment

• I can't pull up my booking because of a 5 minute time change on a partner airline flight. Seriously, one of these days I'm just going to forget this website ever existed.

Comment

• New website coming in 2014!!

Just saw this via Bloomberg. No detail but it's about time!!

Singapore Airlines to Introduce Redesigned Website Next Year
                  /Desert Traveller

Comment

• Gee, I can't wait to see the next one. I hope that part of the specification in the tender is that the website must actually work this time.

You would also hope they have learned that the obsession with trying to do things on the cheap can have rather srious consequences.....

Comment

• To be honest, i will be sad to see the current site go. I fly Y, and i have never paid for a preferred seat

Comment

• “Be assured what happened then won’t happen again,” Goh said. “We learned our lesson very well.”

I hope we won't, but just in case we want to reference this quote next year under a new thread "Famous Last Words".

Comment

• Did Singapore Airlines CEO misinform the media that the 2011 website, plagued with issues have since been rectified?!

"That new design for the website will begin to be introduced sometime next year," added Mr Goh. The website's last major revamp in 2011 was riddled with technical problems, which the airline has since rectified.

- See more at: http://www.relax.com.sg/article/news....qxgRerIk.dpuf

Comment

• coming too late, but better late than never. I wonder if the website will actually works like pre-2011. That was the most stable one before being replaced with the current crappy one (and it is still crappy)

Comment

• Originally posted by Desert Traveller View Post
                              Just saw this via Bloomberg. No detail but it's about time!!

Singapore Airlines to Introduce Redesigned Website Next Year
                              It's the fundamental systems thinking that needs to change...

By "we learnt our lesson very well" I hope he means that they will not go by the typical ideology of the Singapore government and government-linked companies of having to go with the lowest-priced vendor when calling for tender.

It's a fundamental flaw in the systems thinking in this country to focus on very linear quantitative KPIs (like overall cost) instead of looking at qualitative KPIs. I witnessed this first hand when I worked with the Singapore government.

Similarly when I applied to SQ as an Executive a few years ago after university, I was rejected since I didn't have 1st Class Honours and wasn't from one of 3 main local universities (their HR actually hinted at these factors). Despite a long appeal I wrote about my passion for the commercial aviation industry- the economics and operational aspects of it which I had been reading up thoroughly.

On the other hand someone else I know of who joined at the time, yes a 1st Class graduate, who served in the Marketing Department, kept complaining about how SQ has too many PPS Club members. It was apparently something of a mantra in SQ's Marketing Dept. While I thought who on earth ever says they have too many local customers. Again, parochial and myopic as ever.

I wonder if any of their execs have honestly quantified how much revenue they've lost with this cost-cutting experiment.. Including the people who attempted to book a flight- failed and went with another airline. Might be worth measuring seeing as how their financial standing isn't as good as it once was.

For now I still fly with SQ because of the cabin crew who do an amazing job and some vague sentiment about SQ being my national carrier but learning from the mistakes of your current site isn't going to cut it, Mr CEO, it's the fundamental systems thinking that needs to evolve.

Comment

• Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
                                I know of who joined at the time..........who served in the Marketing Department, kept complaining about how SQ has too many PPS Club members.........
                                Tells you all you need to know. Fortunately they seem to have managed to solve that problem to a certain degree.....

Comment

Working...
                                X