No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh, you can't cancel an award online anymore? I had to call to cancel two awards, and was told it would take up to three weeks to return the miles. Until I raised hell and told them I needed the miles to make another booking and had them manually returned immediately.

What are we living in, the dark ages?

Comment

• 2 weeks and no sign of my refunded miles for a cancelled ticket.....
      Previously i had to wait for 2 weeks till i drop a feedback email, then my miles got refunded the next day. Go figure...
      My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Finally the website wins in service...

After more than 2 weeks of waiting, finally someone calls me about my cancelled flight next month where I have been placed on a flight 3 hours earlier and will now have to take an extra day off work. I was unable to access my booking on the website until I was called, which is annoying in itself.

After having to rephrase everything I said 3 times to the person whose command of English left much room for improvement, I asked if she could move me from the B seat between two people that I had been assigned, to any window seat. I was told the only window seat available was one in front of a toilet with limited recline on the K side, so I accepted and let them confirm the itinerary change.

A few hours later I get on the website and move myself to an A side window seat in the middle of a cabin, of which I had a number to choose from.

Comment

• Two more "I HATE the website" episodes from just the past few weeks:

1 - Made a return award reservation, with one leg waitlisted and the other confirmed. Waitlist clears so I log in to ticket the booking. Lo and behold, the confirmed leg disappears and I end up with a oneway itinerary.

2 - Tried to make a paid booking. After entering the payment info and clicking submit, I get kicked back to the main page. Phantom booking shows up under My Bookings but I can't select seats, etc. As expected, booking wasn't ticketed and it takes something like 10 minutes on the phone before things get sorted out.

I HATE the website. Can you tell?

Comment

• last step after credit card authentication is done.

:Undefined System Error
            E5028-02200412: Invalid Digital Receipt Delivery URL"

Comment

• Not sure what the problem is but I can't seem to log into the website using Chrome at home while I can using IE. Tried clearing cookies and cache to no avail.

Comment

• I spent quite some time lately on the ANA and Asiana websites... and I must recognize the SQ website is awesome... in comparison

Comment

• Every time I enter my travel details on the home page of the website to create a booking and press search and book I kept getting redirected to a dedicated "Flight Search" page.

The second issue I have is that the same flight is listed twice in the "Choose Flights" page with no difference in fare when toggling between two different listings of SQ941.
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• And today's surprise is that all bookings are no longer listed. It just says "Nothing found" when I have about 10 bookings coming up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
                      Uh, you can't cancel an award online anymore? I had to call to cancel two awards, and was told it would take up to three weeks to return the miles. Until I raised hell and told them I needed the miles to make another booking and had them manually returned immediately.

What are we living in, the dark ages?

Ohh yes love that feature forcing me into a 30min hold for the contact center to take the call and then in the last instance I waited almost 4 weeks for the miles to be returned. Even the refund of the tax and fuel surcharges was faster and reflected on my CC within a week. Must be really hard to run a job every night to process cancelled bookings and refund miles to KF member accounts.

Comment

• Launched May 2011 and still can't change bookings??!!!

I tried to change a Changi to HKG flight today via the website after not using it for so long because it simply didn't work at all the last time I tried.

First, it complained I needed to manage bookings and add passport details which I am afraid of doing because the website is only protected using 6 digit password (VERY WEAK password). Anyway, I went ahead with the change and guess what?

"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact your local Singapore Airlines office."

Still DYSFUNCTIONAL and BROKEN after almost THREE (3) YEARS!!!

The old website worked like a charm for simple operations like this. Cathay works fine. BA works fine. Qantas works fine. I would even wager Malaysian will work for a change in booking!!!

Seriously, who runs Singapore Airlines? No one?

Comment

• Possible that a business class fare is cheaper than an economy fare?

I tried to book SQ to HND on 25 Mar to 31 Mar and the website is showing $4184.60 for biz class and $6384.60 for Econony class. I thought the highest Y class fare bucket cannot be more than the lowest fare bucket of biz class?

Comment

• Have tried for the past half an hour to price up a multi-city itinerary, each time accompanied by an error page - frustrating to say the least

Comment

• Well the website's down on a Saturday evening. Been trying to make a Business Saver redemption with no luck, also the flights I originally selected are now showing up on waitlist but I can't get past the personal information page.

Called the PPS hotline and was told the booking system is down on their side as well.
                              The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
                                Well the website's down on a Saturday evening. Been trying to make a Business Saver redemption with no luck, also the flights I originally selected are now showing up on waitlist but I can't get past the personal information page.

Called the PPS hotline and was told the booking system is down on their side as well.
                                Well I guess I must have just beaten the downtime then. Managed a Y class Saver redemption to CGK for May without too much of an issue around 17:00 SIN time today. Was looking at revenue fares and on the dates I need it is 699 SGD for an Eco RT. Crazy - rather spend 12.75K mls and 139 SGD tax and YQ (yikes on that).

Comment

Working...
                                X