No announcement yet.

The useless new website, launched in May 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A new mobile app would be very welcome too. Asian carriers, in general, seem to lag behind their US counterparts in this respect - the new UA app for iOS is very well designed, easy to use and isn't just a 'link' to their website. In particular, I'm still waiting for Passbook integration - CX recently updated their app with this functionality.. Tick-tock SQ!

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
      Asian carriers, in general, seem to lag behind their US counterparts in this respect - the new UA app for iOS is very well designed, easy to use and isn't just a 'link' to their website.
      Uh...not like anyone will be using it after February 1st.

And we have yet to have a viable app from any domestic carrier over here. They all crash.
      HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by Dickson View Post
        Ahem ... trying to be constructive here .. but here's my inputs to the focus group :

1) Fix all existing problems hilited in this thread,

2) Website is slow. Every click must wait a few seconds for a response. Just go to any computer and do a side-by-side attempt to book a flight on CX vs SQ on their websites. By the time you finish say, 3 clicks on SQ, you can cover 6 clicks on CX. You mean, until now, no one (not even the CEO???) has tried doing this?

3) Why bother to include cities that SIA does not fly to on "From" or "To" in the "Flight booking" page? You just end up wasting everybody's time. Is that part of the reason why the website is so slow?

4) Whose idea is it to have a "Graphical trip builder" in the Booking page? You must be crazy right? Even simple non-graphical trip builder is so slow .. you expect a customer to have the patience to use a graphical builder ????? Have you even try using it yourself?

5) Under "Check Flight Status", why do you require the user to fill in both the flight number AND departing from / arriving to city AND date ? Why not just the flight number and date or route and date ? This is one extra, unnecessary click. Look at CX : you just need to fill in the flight number and date and you'll get the flight status.

6) Allow mixed class booking on the Booking page.

7) Here is a suggestion : Why don't SIA just revert back to the old website for a start, just to make sure that everything works first. Then add all the icings on the cake later?

8) How about displaying the flight menu? This can be made available say, 96 hours before the flight. Then if its unappetising, travellers can opt for book the cook. Look at how often SQ-Talkers here ask each other for the menu being offered for specific flights.

Thanks!!
        Great one Dickson. These have been feedback to SQ at today's session. This was mainly for the new website. First impressions and ease of use were part of the session which only focused on flight booking and Krisflyer redemptions. Executives were fast to indicate that there is no firm launch date. The new website will be subject to numerous tests before official launch. This is to prevent reoccurrence of what happened at the last 2011 "Big Bang" that quickly turned into a Corporate embarrassment.

Comment

• Huge browser window open, and their pop-ups open to the side, off-screen.

This didn't happen before, so it's yet another "enhancement" along the path of imbecilic-nirvana...

Comment

• "You have insufficient miles to proceed. You need another -34,762 miles.
            Try searching for commercial availability"

How to deduct those extra miles from my account before proceed for the award booking?

Comment

• Sorry, but that's just funny.....in a twisted sort of way.

Comment

• Another simple calculation mistake..
                I just wonder where is the QC before they update the content.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...SClub_PPSClub/
                ** Check the Reserve Value table, year 2015..

Comment

• Originally posted by jbflyer View Post
                  Another simple calculation mistake..
                  I just wonder where is the QC before they update the content.

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...SClub_PPSClub/
                  ** Check the Reserve Value table, year 2015..
                  Didn't find a mistake there?

Comment

• Originally posted by StarG View Post
                    Didn't find a mistake there?
                    oppss.. my bad..
                    i thought current PPS value will be used before reserved value is used.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ380 View Post
                      Just received this in the mailer. Appears that Singapore Airlines is finally trying to get feedback and insights to enhance its website.

"An Invitation to Share Your Views With Singapore Airlines: In our commitment to continuously listen to our passengers, Singapore Airlines is pleased to invite you to an individual interview session to receive your feedback on future design features for our website (Singaporeair.com)."

Feel free to post some thoughts / feedback, and where relevant, anyone involved in these focus groups can see how to best "fit-in" great ideas from this thread!
                      They need this focus group so that they can know who to blacklist and ignore just like the white party who currently runs the government.

Comment

• Originally posted by kitsura View Post
                        They need this focus group so that they can know who to blacklist and ignore just like the white party who currently runs the government.
                        Care to elaborate? Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kitsura View Post
                          AWOOGAH! Black choppers inbound, all hands to your tinfoil headgear!

Comment

• Well it's 2014, and although other Universal constants may be challenged, one is surely safe... the SQ website is still sh*t.

"We are unable to process your request. Please try again later or contact your local Singapore Airlines office"

Easiest booking in the world 2 PAX SIN-LHR in Y! Been getting this for a few days.

(oh and BTW SQ most of your competitiors will show the seatmap *before* going through a booking.)

Comment

• I've had an itinerary change courtesy of SQ deciding to cancel SQ208 on the day i'm flying out of MEL and put me on SQ228 which leaves almost 3 hours earlier. Okay, so it's obviously my regular flight (hence my name on here) and it's not the end of the world, even though I specifically chose to fly into ZRH so I could leave on the later flight and still connect at SIN, rather than fly into FRA, but okay, I'll cop the change and tell work I have to leave earlier that day.

What I'd like to do is just get on the site and pick a seat on the A380 and print out a new itinerary. So I go to the site, select the booking through my KF account, nope, sorry, you can't access that. You have to wait until someboday calls your mobile at a time that may or may not be convenient to you and confirms if it's okay to put me onto the different flight that you've already decided to put me on anyway.

How about using web 1.0 technology and just having a simple acceptance button I can click on, proceed to seat selection, press print and it's all done instead of make me wait for who knows how long or make me phone a call centre???

Comment

• The site cost me grief on a Saver Y-J upgrade that was showing always available (tested simultaneously on multiple browser windows, no less), no waitlist etc.

Until the second it took the payment, then the entire website crashed when I clicked 'Continue' to confirm the upgrade. Twenty days and 3 wasted hours of my life later, after near-accusations of bait and switch tactics, plus a weekend of stress, and their Krisflyer team comes through by phone this morning 72 hours out from departure.

Sigh. That's just not a good enough website.

Comment

Working...
                                X