X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Sorry this is late...

I had an ab fab time last Sat. no doubt thanks to LionCity's amazing hospitality and aided by the hardwork of Top Chefs benlee, soarbeyond

It was very nice to meet new people and catch-up again with 'old' ones.

No doubt this is a DO rather than a LD and it was even more family orientated that any past get-togethers (5 kids and even 2 infants!) That's true SQTalk Family

Special Thanks for 9V-SIA as well who so kindly paid for much of the food but could only stay for a while...

Leave a comment:

• jjpb3
    replied
    Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    i can attest- LionCity is quite the host!
    There's no disputing that.

Leave a comment:

• milehighj
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I don't know what SJJ is doing... perhaps preserving the modesty of our pixelated friend in the middle?

Leave a comment:

• phaleesy
    replied
    Wow! Looks like a great DO.

Leave a comment:

• N_Architect
    replied
    Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
    looks like a great turnout. glad to see everyone had a wonderful time. i can attest- LionCity is quite the host!
    +1.

Looks like you guys had a great time. I hope I'll manage to attend the next one.

Leave a comment:

• taipeiflyer
    replied
    looks like a great turnout. glad to see everyone had a wonderful time. i can attest- LionCity is quite the host!

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied

That's unfortunately all I have
    Last edited by Kyo; 15 August 2010, 11:46 PM.

Leave a comment:

• soarbeyond
    replied
    Woah i think i am abit over-rated here!
    Expert Griller? LOL
    I liked the Fire power part though

Leave a comment:

• jammed
    replied
    a big thank you to LionCity for pulling this together, benlee and soarbeyond for the firepower which brought the food was really glad to be there, to place people to the handles thus far. we prob wld have enjoyed ourselves more if we cld stay longer, alas the kids needed to sleep. until the next time

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Here is a teaser image - as you can see, my Photoshop skills have improved marginally since the last LD#6, and I have discovered the wonders of 'pixelate'...

In this photo, we can identify concept|infinit and SuperJonJon

A mystery guest is on the left and him-who-should-not-be-identified are pixelated. And I wonder who that mysterious guy who turned away just in time from the camera is?

I don't know what SJJ is doing... perhaps preserving the modesty of our pixelated friend in the middle?

As such, I'll do the rest after dinner

Somehow I don't have a picture of the cheesecakes but I do know our friend Dent@SUB should have a really good shot... that was a good cheesecake, yumm.....

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Part 3 of Story

We got two bottles of Chilled Champagne from a long time member of SQTalk. One bottle was duly finished off with the other bottle pending to be opened at the next event.

Some bottles of red wine was brought in for the event. Not sure how many bottles were finished.

Towards the last third of the evening, two cheese cakes were taken out and it was a best selling item among the guests. My family and I are savouring the remainders of the cheese cake. Thanks Benlee for your kind contributions on the cheese cake side.

9V-SIA has contributed for half the cost of the BBQ Food. Thanks 9V-SIA!

One of the cheese cake was written with the words SQTalk LD7 evening or something liked that. Could someone post a picture of the cake?

We have had two mysterious guests coming in and we were certainly glad they came. Hope both gents know who you are.

Happy that some families are there too.

Next year we will do a better job on a more seamless event. Yours truly is already noting what went right and what could be improved. May tomorrow be a better day.
    Last edited by LionCity; 15 August 2010, 07:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by StarG View Post
    It was great to meet some new faces and catch up with the familiar faces again yesterday. :d
    Thanks to our kind host LionCity and expert grillers soarbeyond & benlee, and everyone else who made it a nice get together.
    I personally enjoyed the company. Also thanking those for contributions from drinks to crockery to other food.

We will try to do something next anniversary for SQTalk BBQ. Probably will get a BBQ Chef so that every can enjoy the event at a more consistent level of service.

Leave a comment:

• StarG
    replied
    It was great to meet some new faces and catch up with the familiar faces again yesterday. :d
    Thanks to our kind host LionCity and expert grillers soarbeyond & benlee, and everyone else who made it a nice get together.

Leave a comment:

• Gunnar Smithsen
    replied
    LionCity,

Alas, I was not in SIN over the "LD#7 now commonly referred to as the DO" period, having just returned to SYD from BKK on Wednesday morning.

I'll be up for a "F1 LD#8 to be later commonly referred to as DO#2" in September if anyone is thinking of organising

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
    It was great meeting all of you last night!
    Sincerest apologies for leaving so early which inconvenienced ya'll to cut the cake earlier :S
    the other half was constantly bugging me to go home and accompany her ... :@ *she didn't want to attend*
    Thanks soarbeyond and Benlee for being great help at the BBQ. Could not do without the two of you.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X