• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LionCity
    replied
    Update 4 on SQTalk BBQ

Dear Friends,

The final menu:

1. Fried Vermicelli (or Bee Hoon). Will do my special mee siam for the next function unless there is special request.

2. Special Imported Indonesian Sweet Potato.

3. BBQ Items:

a. Honey Pork Ribs.
    b. Mid-joint Chicken Wing.
    c. Large sea prawn.
    d. Black Pepper Lamb Chop.
    e. Black Pepper Beef Striploin
    f. Chicken Steak - Two Flavours i.e. Hawaiian and Honey
    g. Jumbo Chicken Cheese Sausage.
    h. Otah (Spicy fish paste)
    i. Satay
    j. Sambal prawn (deshelled)

4. Special Cheese Cake by award winning Master Chef. He will also be there after 8 pm. (Btw he cooks very well with excellent beef rendang and dry laksa).

Drinks:

1. Mineral Water
    2. Peel Fresh Fruit Juice.
    3. Wine
    4. Beer

5. Fruits - So far no durian. (jjpb3 is ok with it except eating it...so we must have respect for our foundering father).

Guests:

1. Kapitan/Milehighj - Looking forward to your presence. Hope you could make it.

2. Please check link on my posting to familiarize with location. For those not very familiar with location, please PM me.

3. Will send PM on mobile number.

4. Timing:

a. I will be there with Benlee by 5 pm to start the fire and start some food on the table.

b. You can come anytime after 5 pm and after 6 pm is also ok.

c. Most important is that everyone enjoy themselves.

5. If anyone feels that something needs to be added, please by all means suggest. If anyone else wants to come, please let me know.
    Last edited by LionCity; 9 August 2010, 08:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• concept|infinit
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Dear SQTalkers,

At the moment I am catering for about 16 adults. Have no problem adding some more members and related parties.

Will also organize some juices, paper plates, cups etc for the function.

Bee Hoon or Mee Siam plus Satay (from a kind sponsor) will be provided.

kyo has graciously agreed to helped out on the alcoholic drinks that I am not adept at.

UMD hopefully you can persuade the Mrs to join in.

As for location, please hit on the link: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ndish-park-238
    The function room is located next to the pool and BBQ Pit. BBQ fire starts at 1700 hrs so that food will be partially ready by 6 pm. Concept Infiniti has volunteered to help with the grilling.
    I thought of getting some breads- think they'd go well with you'd be preapring?

I'd be glad to chip in on the food and drinks. If anyone has any ideas, feel free to suggest

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Update 3 on SQTalk BBQ

Dear SQTalkers,

At the moment I am catering for about 16 adults. Have no problem adding some more members and related parties.

Will also organize some juices, paper plates, cups etc for the function.

Bee Hoon or Mee Siam plus Satay (from a kind sponsor) will be provided.

kyo has graciously agreed to helped out on the alcoholic drinks that I am not adept at.

UMD hopefully you can persuade the Mrs to join in.

As for location, please hit on the link: http://www.propertyguru.com.sg/proje...ndish-park-238
    The function room is located next to the pool and BBQ Pit. BBQ fire starts at 1700 hrs so that food will be partially ready by 6 pm. Concept Infiniti has volunteered to help with the grilling.

Leave a comment:

• MSPeconomist
    replied
    Thanks for the advice/suggestions.

Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Hope you can make it. Just fake a tummy ache or something.
    I'm afraid I've never been good at telling a lie; I feel and therefore look too guilty.

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
    You have a family (SQTalk) matter to "attend" to
    People will know that I don't have any family in Singapore. It would be more plausible to mention locals that I've met on previous trips, but then some will be curious about whether it's anyone that they know also.

Leave a comment:

• 9V-JKL
    replied
    Originally posted by MSPeconomist View Post
    (It's a matter of trying to "sneak out" during a business trip.)
    You have a family (SQTalk) matter to "attend" to

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Please consider me a "maybe" not "definite" for the reasons given. (It's a matter of trying to "sneak out" during a business trip.)
    Hope you can make it. Just fake a tummy ache or something.

Leave a comment:

• Pinkfloyd
    replied
    Sounds like it's going to be quite a LD (DO) gathering! Wish I could make it but my schedule does not permit... Pictures please!!

Leave a comment:

• SuperJonJon
    replied
    Originally posted by Lobster View Post
    Well I will come clean as that mystery guest. unfortunately despite some excellent arm twisting by SJJ I will not be able to make it as my work permit has not come through so I am trapped in country until it does. Does look like it will be an excellent Do and I look forward to seeing the photos. (although I am not sure it will quite be up to the level of the first SQT Yangon DO)
    It is a shame that you won't be able to make it, the next DO perhaps.

Leave a comment:

• MSPeconomist
    replied
    Actually, I'm going to be in Singapore form the very early morning of August 12 through the morning of August 17. I don't know my schedule yet (except that the beginning or end of my stay is likely to be easier for me), so I should count as an interested maybe at this point.

Will the location be easy to access from the CBD, ideally with the MRT?

What time will the DO be?

It sounds wonderful and it would be fun to meet some people, including locals.
    Please consider me a "maybe" not "definite" for the reasons given. (It's a matter of trying to "sneak out" during a business trip.)

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Whilst nothing can quite achieve the same level of awesomeness that is the SQT Yangon DO, rest assured, there are a few more mystery guests in the wings, so don't lose heart, attendees...

Leave a comment:

• Lobster
    replied
    Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
    Someone I met last night said that he may come. Where is he now? *cough cough hint hint*
    Well I will come clean as that mystery guest. unfortunately despite some excellent arm twisting by SJJ I will not be able to make it as my work permit has not come through so I am trapped in country until it does. Does look like it will be an excellent Do and I look forward to seeing the photos. (although I am not sure it will quite be up to the level of the first SQT Yangon DO)

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    A little bee told me to possibly expect a few EXTRA-special mystery guests... this LD is definitely going to be quite a blast... guaranteed!

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Sorry, you should also add:

One mystery family and also one more mysterious SQTalker who just came in from LHR! Don't forget that SJJ mentioned about his mystery guest unless you have already included under SJJ + 2.

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    Updated Guest List (this is turning into a DO now almost... such is Dent@SUB's star power!)

Who's confirmed?

Kyo
    LionCity +2
    Dent@SUB
    CCS
    SMK77
    concept|infinit
    Benlee
    Superjonjon +2
    MSPeconomist
    UMD
    soarbeyond

Who's in charge of the 'makan' (food)?

LionCity

Likely to attend:

UMD's +1
    kapitan
    Mystery Guest and Family
    milehighj
    StarG (?)

Try for the next one:

SQflyergirl
    Last edited by LionCity; 4 August 2010, 08:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    Updated Guest List (this is turning into a DO now almost... such is Dent@SUB's star power!)

Who's confirmed?

Kyo
    LionCity +2
    Dent@SUB
    CCS
    SMK77
    concept|infinit
    Benlee
    Superjonjon +2
    MSPeconomist
    UMD
    soarbeyond

Who's in charge of the 'makan' (food)?

LionCity

Likely to attend:

UMD's +1
    kapitan
    Mystery Guest and Family
    milehighj
    StarG (?)

Try for the next one:

SQflyergirl

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by soarbeyond View Post
    Hi guys!
    I just found out about this little somethin' somethin' from kyo
    Mind if i join in?
    Hi Soarbeyond,

You are most welcomed. Will send you a PM later this evening.

Cheers

Leave a comment:

Working...
X