Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ikarus2006
    replied
    LionCity, I don't mind organizing it but you have to bare with me for few days till I sort out some high priority issues.

Yes, it would probably be a walk to enable everybody to join. I do think we should anyway start at around 0730 max 0800 as the first time I did it from 1100 and it was way too hot. Last time I started at 0745 and arrived at the exit again at 1230, with a good break in between after 60% of the track.
    We could actually rent kayaks too (I saw a team training there but I don't yet know if rental is available) as alternative (less stress on knees).
    I am willing to prepare something to restore the energies of the fellow walkers, in shape of a dessert (Kyo you know what I refer to...).

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
    Wah! After successfully organizing the first SQT BBQ , LionCity is organizing the first SQT Run.

This I definitely would not participate. I hate running but I don't mind being a marshal.
    Er...some corrections:

1. Firstly, a trek not a run. DOM liked me cannot run.

2. Secondly, I awaiting our esteemed Ikarus2006 to do the organizing.

However, if you are coming we should have breakfast in Toa Payoh.

Leave a comment:

• soarbeyond
    replied
    Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    Thanks for organising, LionCity and to everyone involved in organising it. Was an awesome party

And that cheesecake is just amazing! Definitely gonna head down to Allan Bake's sometime

Soarbeyond: Never expected you'd be from my alma mater. And that you just graduated from it! haha.. Small world

Tsk!Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I don't like my life being made "public"

Ooooh a Run?
    11km???
    All the times I've been there, i never knew an 11km track existed!

Leave a comment:

• phaleesy
    replied
    Wah! After successfully organizing the first SQT BBQ , LionCity is organizing the first SQT Run.

This I definitely would not participate. I hate running but I don't mind being a marshal.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by concept|infinit View Post
    I run at McRitchie. You and anyone here can feel free to join me
    A lot nicer there after the revamp.
    I am trying to fast walk more now than in the past. When you are a certain age, I prefer to protect my knees. But it will take another 1 hr for the 11 km circuit and you feel less hurried. It enabled me to see more nature and once caught sight of a flying lemur. Waiting for ikarus2006 to let us know his plans.

Leave a comment:

• concept|infinit
    replied
    Originally posted by LionCity View Post
    Acutally, I was also thinking about it. I do my regular 11 km walk/run on that trek. Do you like to organize one? Alternatively, we can also walk to Rifle Range from McRitchie.

Hoping to hear something favourable from you.
    I run at McRitchie. You and anyone here can feel free to join me
    A lot nicer there after the revamp.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Originally posted by Ikarus2006 View Post
    Guys, thank you very much for the hospitality and great organization.
    After so much food, I think we should organize a McRitchie Reservoire-DO, 11km walk to burn calories...
    Acutally, I was also thinking about it. I do my regular 11 km walk/run on that trek. Do you like to organize one? Alternatively, we can also walk to Rifle Range from McRitchie.

Hoping to hear something favourable from you.

Leave a comment:

• LionCity
    replied
    Thanks Everyone for your Kind and Gracious comments on the inaugural (Hopefully there are more to follow) SQTalk BBQ. I really glad to see all of you at the event. It was also the chance for me for the first time to meet Dent@SUB, MSPEconomist, soarbeyond, jammed and ikarus2006. Hope I have not missed anyone out.

Hopefully it will be even better next year.

Leave a comment:

• concept|infinit
    replied
    Thanks for organising, LionCity and to everyone involved in organising it. Was an awesome party

And that cheesecake is just amazing! Definitely gonna head down to Allan Bake's sometime

*editted
    Last edited by concept|infinit; 17 August 2010, 09:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Dent@SUB
    replied
    Thanks guys for the great moments I had that evening. Will post the beautiful cheese cake's pictures once I reach home on Wed...
    Once again, it was a wonderful time to be with you guys...

Leave a comment:

• Ikarus2006
    replied
    Guys, thank you very much for the hospitality and great organization.
    After so much food, I think we should organize a McRitchie Reservoire-DO, 11km walk to burn calories...

Leave a comment:

• Kyo
    replied
    The only thing missing was you, SQflyergirl... have had many demands for you to turn up! (see what happens when people missed you in Oslo...)

Leave a comment:

• SQflyergirl
    replied
    Glad to see everyone had a great time !

Leave a comment:

• SuperJonJon
    replied
    Why am I in so many photos? I have no idea what I was doing in the first shot. We need our pixelated friend to clarify.

Thanks, LionCity for organising such a great DO.

Leave a comment:

• HUGE AL
    replied
    Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    ...him-who-should-not-be-identified are pixelated. And I wonder who that mysterious guy who turned away just in time from the camera is?
    Yeah, who is that man in the scarf? And what about "purple shirt guy?"

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
    I don't know what SJJ is doing... perhaps preserving the modesty of our pixelated friend in the middle?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X