BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    SQ are teasing me with their availability!
    Availability on the inaugural flight or after?

I noticed a Y availability the day after.

An example of what a tease SQ/ANA webtool is. F, J and Y on the A380 came up as available on request for a few minutes on Sunday afternoon. I nearly had a cardiac arrest.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
      Hope this is solved. And what's the reward?
      What reward are you expecting?

Certainly not a *muak* from me, even if I was keen to offer lots.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
        Certainly not a *muak* from me, even if I was keen to offer lots.

Hmm the word "muak" that I know has a meaning as "being fed up," "having too much of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
          Availability on the inaugural flight or after?
          On the inaugural phaleesy,...but that ship has passed for me now

Can now confirm I'm on the course I mentioned at LHR 17th - 19th March, incorporating a mini matress-run of IC properties around LHR I can therefore 100% confirm my attendence at the Do, including the meal I'm fairly easy on the menu, but budget is an issue, so not too OTT Looking forward to catching up with old faces and meeting new ones!

The course finishes at 5 pm on the Monday, so will head into town on HEX as soon as possible after that to meet up for drinks before the meal (anticipate getting into London maybe 7pm?). On the Tuesday (18th) I'll finish at 16:00 so really hope to be able to meet special pax at checkin!

Comment

• Great to hear you can make it, Nickbot!

Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            The course finishes at 5 pm on the Monday, so will head into town on HEX as soon as possible after that to meet up for drinks before the meal (anticipate getting into London maybe 7pm?).
            Depending on where the drinks are being held, you may find it quicker (and definitely cheaper) to take the Piccadilly Line rather than the HEX to Paddington and then the tube from there.

Comment

• Eats shoots and leaves

Originally posted by jhm View Post
              Depending on where the drinks are being held, you may find it quicker (and definitely cheaper) to take the Piccadilly Line rather than the HEX to Paddington and then the tube from there.
              My first reading of that sentence was "quicker ... to take the Piccadilly Line, rather than the HEX, to Paddington and then take the tube from there". Time for a caffeine break ...
              ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                Great to hear you can make it, Nickbot!

Thanks for the tip jhm, sounds like a plan. After the course finishes at 5, I'll have to check into my hotel and change before heading back out - will of course get this done as quickly as poss to maximise Do drinking time

Only downside,...the course entails a final exam on the Wed morning ...thought I'd finished with exams many years ago!

Comment

• Ok I am now 100% confirmed, booked my flights today. I will arrive in London on the 15th and leave on the 19th.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lobster View Post
                    Ok I am now 100% confirmed, booked my flights today. I will arrive in London on the 15th and leave on the 19th.

Now I should wait patiently for my visa...

Comment

Just an update. I am still working on the dinner reservation with the help of HRH jjpb3. As you may guess, the famous restaurant is always booked months ahead.

And a little bird told me that the pax seated in 77H and 77K will have at least one surprise on board SQ319 (well not a surprise for us, but for the rest of you who won't be on that flight. )
                      What is this "77K" you speak of?
                      Am I privvy to such information or must I wait 'til the day dawns?
                      "First to Fly" the Airbus A380.
                      www.FirstToFly.net

Comment

• Originally posted by iangoodwin View Post
                        What is this "77K" you speak of?
                        Am I privvy to such information or must I wait 'til the day dawns?
                        Oh "77K" is not some big deal secret. Since I'm in 77H, "77K" refers to my seatmate, a friend of mine, who prefers to be anonymous up to now.
                        The surprises (but not a surprise for me and my seatmate) could be:
                        • A friend told us that he/she would give us something to bring on board. Since I rarely take long-haul Y, could it be a special dinner box?
                        • With too many SQ flights I have taken, some of the crew remember me. One or two might work in our flight. But the surprise would be whether he/she would work in our cabin area. If yes, it would be a very lovely flight!
                        • I had been contacted by the reporters from my previous inaugural flights. They were trying to cover the news. If they get assigned to cover this inaugural flight, it will be fun one more time.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                          SQ LPP, currently, it is looking very unlikely for em to join the dinner or the party flight as I need to be somewhere later that week.
                          Guys & Gals - I have to send my apologies for this as I cannto make 17 Mar Hakkasan dinner. So so sorry. Nvertheless, I will meet later n the week.

Comment

• Sorry to hear that you would not be able to join! Hope everything is all right with you!

Comment

Sorry to hear that you would not be able to join! Hope everything is all right with you!
                              Yeah...something called 'work'.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
                                Yeah...something called 'work'.
                                I have to agree,...that whole "work" thing is always so inconvenient! Think I might have to retire, but then the "money" issue becomes far more difficult!

Comment

Working...
                                X