No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have not looked into hotel availability yet. IC group or SPG should do just fine, as long as near the tube station and inexpensive. Let me know if there is something interesting!

Comment

So far, HI Bloomsbury looking expensive (as are other IC properties ), but this may come down in the next week. There's a chance I'll be on a residential course at Heathrow for three days spanning this period, so might be staying out there and getting HEX into town for the evening Do - only a chance at the moment, but it would mean my travel and hotel would be paid for by work

Comment

That's a good news indeed!

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          That's a good news indeed!
          Hmmm, shame the course venue couldn't be shifted to SIN so I could argue that A380 round-trip was necessary

Comment

Possible attendees who has shown an interest to join (and please let us know others who are interested as well):
            • The first special guest who will be seated on 77K SQ319 18MAR A380 inaugural flight
            • The second special guest who will grace the dinner
            • lobster
            • jjpb3
            • jhm
            • phaleesy
            • nickbot & mrs nickbot
            • MANFlyer & Ceri (if they are not traveling around the world )
            • SQ LPP (if getting the visa)
            I hope others will join... please please join us. I know it's Monday, but would love to have you all around...

SQFAN, I know you have to work... but ...
            cawhite, any chance to join us here...
            Other SQTalkers? Other flyers?

Note: Most probably, the next day, some of us will go to Bayswater to order our BTC.
            I'll be in LON shortly before this, but I will already have left town before this event. Knowing this group, I'm sure y'all will have a very good time!
            Last edited by cawhite; 17 February 2008, 11:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
              I'll be in LON shortly before this, but I will already have left town before this event. Knowing this group, I'm sure y'all will have a very good time!

Can't you extend your stay in London? Or rearrange the dates? Please... please... please... The special guests would be thrilled! And I personally would be so delighted to see you again in London.

Comment

Possible attendees who has shown an interest to join (and please let us know others who are interested as well):
                • The first special guest who will be seated on 77K SQ319 18MAR A380 inaugural flight
                • lobster
                • jjpb3
                • jhm
                • phaleesy
                • nickbot & mrs nickbot
                • MANFlyer & Ceri (if they are not traveling around the world )
                I hope others will join... please please join us. I know it's Monday, but would love to have you all around...

SQFAN, I know you have to work... but ...
                cawhite, any chance to join us here...
                Other SQTalkers? Other flyers?

Note: Most probably, the next day, some of us will go to Bayswater to order our BTC.
                SQ LPP, currently, it is looking very unlikely for em to join the dinner or the party flight as I need to be somewhere later that week.

Comment

[*]MANFlyer & Ceri (if they are not traveling around the world )

Have I missed something ??.

I was also told there is another favourite in Bayswater just down the road from the one that sounds like a Hotel.

Comment

Ok...no to party flight but dinner, well..have been arm twisted ..yes, am looking at flight now.

Comment

Just an update. I am still working on the dinner reservation with the help of HRH jjpb3. As you may guess, the famous restaurant is always booked months ahead.

And a little bird told me that the pax seated in 77H and 77K will have at least one surprise on board SQ319 (well not a surprise for us, but for the rest of you who won't be on that flight. )

Comment

For the ones who are certain in joining the dinner:
                        • lobster
                        • jjpb3
                        • jhm
                        • phaleesy
                        • nickbot
                        • SQFAN
                        The good news:
                        Dinner reservation has been made at Hakkasan with the available time for 21:25. We certainly can have drinks somewhere else prior to this. With this time availability, it will give time for the second special guest and SQFAN who will arrive early evening at LHR, as well as our must meet Londoner HRH jjpb3 to finish his busy day at work.

The not so good news (thus need to be discussed here):
                        • New policy of dress code: no sneakers and no jeans!
                        • No ala carte possibility. And as expected, it's pricy. Must be a set menu (provided later) for GBP55, or GBP60, or GBP70.
                        Let us know which price range you would rather have, as well as some concerns. PM me if you are shy (like me )

Lobster, and anyone else, if interested, we can meet early for afternoon high tea, as well as a visit to Madame Tussaud before going to the drinks and dinner later that evening. Most probably I will arrive from FRA after 1pm.

Comment

For the ones who are certain in joining the dinner:
                          • lobster
                          • jjpb3
                          • jhm
                          • phaleesy
                          • nickbot
                          • SQFAN
                          Wow! nice crowd. Wish I could be there, but I'll be busy
                          Hope to be able to catch up with you all soon after though! Enjoy your dinner

Comment

SQFAN who will arrive early evening at LHR, as well as our must meet Londoner HRH jjpb3 to finish his busy day at work.

Lobster, and anyone else, if interested, we can meet early for afternoon high tea, as well as a visit to Madame Tussaud before going to the drinks and dinner later that evening. Most probably I will arrive from FRA after 1pm.
                            Thanks for your kind consideration.

Oh yes, better pre-book your Madame Taussaud group tix. You don't have to queue. Last time I queued for 2 hrs.

Comment

Well I still have to 100% confirm but assuming I make it then this should be good as I would be in London all day.

Comment

The good news:
                                Dinner reservation has been made at Hakkasan with the available time for 21:25. We certainly can have drinks somewhere else prior to this. With this time availability, it will give time for the second special guest and SQFAN who will arrive early evening at LHR, as well as our must meet Londoner HRH jjpb3 to finish his busy day at work.

The not so good news (thus need to be discussed here):
                                • New policy of dress code: no sneakers and no jeans!
                                • No ala carte possibility. And as expected, it's pricy. Must be a set menu (provided later) for GBP55, or GBP60, or GBP70.
                                Let us know which price range you would rather have, as well as some concerns. PM me if you are shy (like me )
                                Well I guess I can get dressed up for this.

I am happy to go for which ever menu people prefer. Only request from me is that there is a good range of non fish dishes.

Comment

Working...
                                X