BREAKING NEWS: SQ LPP will go for A380 inaugural flight in Y

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
    OK, I might change it, although I like the idea of 1A on an inaugral ;-)

Might change the other segments.

I'll pack a tent for privacy.

Cheers, Howard
    That's a good idea. Try all the seats in your trip (like I did on all 8 seats 77W ) so you can report which one is the best!

Actually, it's easier for me to visit you in 1A. He he he... since if you are in 4A I have to go through the whole cabin.
    As you may know, iangoodwin with others who did the first charity A380 flight SIN-SYD-SIN will be in that flight as well. And I believe, the pax in 1F is also listed in iangoodwin's website. Thus, it will be a great party guested by 1A and 1F pax.

Comment

I don't mind visitors!
      Thank you!

Originally posted by Howard Long View Post
      Yes, it's the SQ319 on 18 Mar. By the way, when is the earliest you can check in? Last time I fles SQ F in April from LHR ISTR the flight only opened three hours before. I like loads of time to relax, use all the facilities, including the VS lounge etc.

Cheers, Howard
      On-line check-in is 48 hours prior. For airport check-in, I thought last time I was at LHR, it is opened 4 hours prior to the flight. And remember, this is the first A380 out from LHR. Thus, celebration is going to happen. From what I heard, SQ puts more emphasis on the LHR celebration for this inaugural, since SQ has done it before at SIN end of October. Hope my source is correct on this better take LHR-SIN inaugural...

definitely you can start from VS Lounge.. and end at the gate party celebration.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
        Dinner is at 2125.
        Noooo , please note:

Dinner is at 21.15.
        ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
          Dinner is at 2125. What time will you be in MAN Flyer?
          Still not sure as yet. I won't make it over to you for 2115 that's for sure as I need to see someone earlier on. Besides, if I recall they don't allow scumbag's with jeans on in the place, so that would be me out anyway.

What's with this no jeans malarkey ?. What do they think it is, the 1930's ?!.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
            I thought that was the English in them acting up?

Besides, I somehow suspect you'll be able to persuade them to bend the rules in your favour.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
              You're joking! They don't even have table cloths in there!

Hakkasan is great food and an OK wine list with a decent sommelier, and while it may hold a Michelin star (although many of my fellow London food lovers and I have no clue why!) I can't believe they have a dress code that doesn't allow jeans. I'm certain when I went last attended soon after it opened about five years ago I was wearing jeans.

Cheers, Howard

Comment

I'm certain when I went last attended soon after it opened about five years ago I was wearing jeans.
                5 years is a long time.

The restaurant could have implemented the new dress code in recent years to keep up with its 'hip' image.

I personally find the place too dark and cluttered. The tables are arranged so close together and lighting is so bad that we can hardly see what we're eating. The place is rather noisy as well and people tend to end up either shouting or whispering into each other's ears. I predict lots of FLASHES and intimate whispers at the DO.

I find that the design of the bar area in T3 SKL F fairly similar to the dark and woody interior in Hakkasan. These interior designers seem to like lots of dark wood and dim lighting.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                  I predict lots of FLASHES and intimate whispers at the DO.
                  Are you predicting SQTalkers being thrown out? 'No photography allowed' is one of the long-standing policies.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                    Are you predicting SQTalkers being thrown out? 'No photography allowed' is one of the long-standing policies.
                    I'm sorry, I was unaware of that.

Is it flash photography or photography in general? Why is it not allowed? I've never been told photography's not allowed in any restaurants I've been to.

Wonder if this applies to Yauatcha too. Did intend to take some timsum pictures for SQFG recently but forgot the camera.

Comment

Is it flash photography or photography in general? Why is it not allowed? I've never been told photography's not allowed in any restaurants I've been to.
                      I think I was told once that it was to protect the privacy of the self-consciously hip clientele . If you were to take a picture of the food, I'm sure they'd be paranoid that you'd end up pointing your camera at the guests.
                      Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
                      Wonder if this applies to Yauatcha too.
                      I don't think it does (though my friends and I have never taken a picture there).

Comment

5 years is a long time.
                        Read between the lines.... ;-) I thought Hakkasan's food was great. It was the atmosphere that wasn't my cup of tea. What I really hate in fancy self-professed 'top' restaurants are bouncers on the doors and loud music so you can't have a decent conversation around the table. To add to it, there were at least half a dozen wannabe IT girls on the front desk all trying to take coats: why it takes six to take four coats is anyone's guess. They added nothing other than a snooty atmosphere.

OK now I got that off my chest, it saves me telling you in person!

The food is great and I'd be delighted to join you if that's possible.

Cheers, Howard

Comment

I'm sorry, I was unaware of that.

Wonder if this applies to Yauatcha too. Did intend to take some timsum pictures for SQFG recently but forgot the camera.
                          It just gets better! Certainly in the regular places I frequent in London (see http://www.nezbrun.com to get the kind of places I'm talking about), I actively encourage people on special occasions and often offer to take their photos. A restaurant would be like a library, a very sterile and lonely place, if it wasn't for such clientele.

I guess it reflects my original feelings about Hakkasan that it's a bit up itself!

Cheers, Howard

Comment

• As the weekend approaches, I'd like to finalize plans. My suggestion is the GBP 60 menu, which we can supplement from the a la carte menu. Please let me know of any objections to this recommendation, and I'll be happy to adjust.

Howard, I haven't quite figured out whether you'd like to come (as indicated in post #146), because of your thoughts on Hakkasan's cultivated 'image' (as a someone who has worn jeans there myself), I find many aspects of the experience worthy of -- definitely not the food, though ), so could you let me know so that I can let the Reservations folks know?

P.S. Here's to hoping my work travel doesn't shift again and prevent me from meeting up with y'all.

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                              Howard, I haven't quite figured out whether you'd like to come (as indicated in post #146), because of your thoughts on Hakkasan's cultivated 'image' (as a someone who has worn jeans there myself), I find many aspects of the experience worthy of -- definitely not the food, though ), so could you let me know so that I can let the Reservations folks know?
                              P.S. Here's to hoping my work travel doesn't shift again and prevent me from meeting up with y'all.
                              Yes, I'd love to come! I'll eat anything, very happy to fit in with the menu recommendation.

Howard

Comment

Yes, I'd love to come! I'll eat anything, very happy to fit in with the menu recommendation.
                                Howard
                                That's a great news! See you next week!

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                As the weekend approaches, I'd like to finalize plans. My suggestion is the GBP 60 menu, which we can supplement from the a la carte menu. Please let me know of any objections to this recommendation, and I'll be happy to adjust.
                                Menu @ £60 per head

Jasmine tea smoked organic pork ribs
                                Sesame prawn toast
                                Fried soft-shell crab with red chilli and curry leaf

Stir-fry black pepper beef
                                Grilled Chilean seabass in Chinese honey
                                Pipa duck
                                King Scallop in Yakiniku sauce

Seasonal Chinese vegetables
                                Steamed jasmine rice
                                Selection of Petits Gateaux from Yauatcha

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                ... please note:

Dinner is at 21.15.

Comment

Working...