Christmas travel plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tesco vouchers = BA miles!

I hope you two know what you should be doing!

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      Tesco vouchers = BA miles!

I hope you two know what you should be doing!
      Sorry, what or who is this "BA miles" you speak of? ...the only one I'm familiar with is B.A. Baracus

In my book, if you can get a bottle of Krug for under £25 a bottle, that's pretty hard to beat - as the man himself would say "you crazy fool"

He is, of course, also noted for prefixing the above quote with "you aint getting me on no airplane", so perhaps this isn't the BA to whom you're referring
      Last edited by nickbot; 20 November 2009, 03:29 AM.

Comment

• Isn't BA the world's favorite airline?! Since you're from the Midlands, maybe you don't know them. They depart from LHR mostly I believe.

Have not seen Mr T since I was a kid!

Comment

Isn't BA the world's favorite airline?! Since you're from the Midlands, maybe you don't know them. They depart from LHR mostly I believe.

Have not seen Mr T since I was a kid!
          Never flown with them, are they any good?

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
            Never flown with them, are they any good?
            Well, they're the world's favorite airline... what do you think?

To be honest, I rather like BA.

Comment

Isn't BA the world's favorite airline?!
              Of course - they are the easiest way to get out of BAA hell that is LHR.

Comment

• Good ol' Pangkor Laut for me..

Comment

• SFO-Vail before X'mas.

HKG after.

But SIN over X'mas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                    French Polynesia is receiving heavy coverage on the SPG TV channel at the moment... now I also really wanna go in 2010... goodness, another DO in the making?
                    Don't know how I missed this post...

Another one of your two people DO/meet? Isn't FP one of those lovey-dovey destinations?

I don't think I'd be going anytime real soon anyway. My calendar for 2010 is pretty full already. Until I learn how to tread water for 10 mins, I'm not going to any resorts in FP or the Maldives. Snorkelling is fun but going underwater would be a lot more fun.

I have enough miles to get me to/from FP in comfort but I think the hotels might be really expensive. Must find a handsome sheikh first!

Comment

Isn't FP one of those lovey-dovey destinations? :
                      FP also has a device that drains all your money the moment you land... which, speaking of two person do's - Oslo has that same device.

Beware

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
                        FP also has a device that drains all your money the moment you land... which, speaking of two person do's - Oslo has that same device.

Beware
                        I'd let my dear sheikh deal with that.

Back on topic... I'm booked for YVR! The NW agent (1800 number) has a rather cute accent. Where are they based?

I'd now have to think of a way to get back to LHR.

Comment

• The trip I'm currently on to Doha, London, Berlin and Hamburg is sorta Christmas travel for me. No travel over Christmas as such, as traditionally with rare exceptions Christmas has always been family time for me. We'll be at my aunt's for Christmas eve. Christmas will be spent with the boyf's family this year down in Wonthaggi, 4 hours South East out of Melbourne near Phillip Island. And it concludes with the traditional Boxing Day shopping marathon with Mum and other interested parties (though no one has yet to keep up with us for the whole 12 hours ; several members of the boyf's family are proving to be genuine contenders this year) of course!
                          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Japan, Macau, NYE in Hong Kong and Seoul for me. BA longhauls plus JL, NH and MU.
                            Last edited by jhm; 2 December 2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
                              Shhh, don't shout too loud! If you were to bite the bullet and buy six bottles you'd get an extra 5% off,....and *if* you had sufficient Tesco clubcard vouchers to pay for the whole 6 bottles (and had taken advantage of the doubling up offer whilst it was on), you'd have been able to get Krug for £23.28 a bottle

BTW, did it come with the box, or was it just the bottle? Only the bottles are on show in my local store, wondered if they have the boxes out the back?
                              Damn, how in the world did I miss the Krug discussion?! nickbot, can you pick me up a few cases?
                              HUGE AL

Comment

• Well I'll be home over Christmas in SFO, but am celebrating Christmas in the Tropics now

Comment

Working...
                                X