Christmas travel plans ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
    mrs nickbot and I will be flying out of MAN on the 26th (staying at Crowne Plaza MAN on the 25th), but I presume you'll have passed through MAN by then? If not, would be nice to meet for a drink
    I'll drop you a PM if it works out! I'm not staying in MAN but may be in the area - haven't figured out the full plans yet.
    blog

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
      How nice! French Polynesia is on my must-go-to list.

Would you be doing a trip report on the NZ flights and various activities in Tahiti? Please?
      Well, I had a trip report on my earlier trip this year on FT. This is before I discovered SQTalk. This will be second trip to FP this year as I am "addicted" to it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ess-class.html

This is a real problem when I realised that FP is so much nicer than what the picture shows, and I always want to go back.

My second trip will go through WLG as little side trip, and won't stay in IC Tahiti. But will still experience J A320 (SYD-WLG), J B767 (AKL-PPT vv, AKL-SYD), Y B737 (WLG-AKL). No Business Premier for me but given my completely little experience in J I am already very satisfied.

Comment

• Originally posted by edison View Post
        Well, I had a trip report on my earlier trip this year on FT. This is before I discovered SQTalk. This will be second trip to FP this year as I am "addicted" to it:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...ess-class.html

This is a real problem when I realised that FP is so much nicer than what the picture shows, and I always want to go back.

My second trip will go through WLG as little side trip, and won't stay in IC Tahiti. But will still experience J A320 (SYD-WLG), J B767 (AKL-PPT vv, AKL-SYD), Y B737 (WLG-AKL). No Business Premier for me but given my completely little experience in J I am already very satisfied.
        Thanks, edison. Very enjoyable TR. You had quite a bit of luck there with the Hilton.

I have enough miles to get me to FP in relative comfort. But I'd need some nice fancy resort to quote a mistake price. Then I'd find myself a nice lapdog to bring along.

Comment

• Currently, and at least till March, I'm grounded (self-inflicted).
          So Xmas will be spent trekking down to Anglesey and dossing about there for a week or two.
          Krug on the golf course anyone?
          If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

• KRS-CPH-MAN on the 8th of Dec (SK Y), MAN-SIN on the 9th (SQ J redemption), in SIN till the 13th then it's SIN-SYD (SQ J redemption) to visit family, SYD-BNE (Jet Star) on the 18th to visit more family, BNE-SIN (SQ Y) on the 22nd, then it's off to KUL for X'mas with old friends, back to SIN for new year on the 28th, then it's SIN-AMS-KRS at the end of the first week of Jan 2010 for work.... And this is suppose to be a holiday for me...
            God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• 9th December, if you're free for a night out, let me know (10th I'm busy)

Comment

• Hey Kyo, I'm on SQ 327 leaving MAN on the 9th morning... Only reaching SIN on the 10th... Does that fit in with your plans?
                God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

• I can try lunch on the 10th... that's about the most I can commit to so far...

Comment

• Sounds like a plan Kyo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                      Krug on the golf course anyone?
                      Get yourself down to Tesco,...I don't think I've *ever* seen Krug go for such a cheap price, worldwide, duty free or not

Comment

Get yourself down to Tesco,...I don't think I've *ever* seen Krug go for such a cheap price, worldwide, duty free or not
                        I'll call in tonight....seeing as my bottle from SIN last year still hasn't been openedby family, I'll be sourcing my own.....
                        here's to hoping the Rochdale branch has it in stock....
                        If God had really intended men to fly, he'd make it easier to get to the airport.

Comment

• Lucky me, they did.
                          You're not kidding about the price..... Shelf sticker £69...... Till price £49.... Commence stocking up!

Comment

• Shhh, don't shout too loud! If you were to bite the bullet and buy six bottles you'd get an extra 5% off,....and *if* you had sufficient Tesco clubcard vouchers to pay for the whole 6 bottles (and had taken advantage of the doubling up offer whilst it was on), you'd have been able to get Krug for £23.28 a bottle

BTW, did it come with the box, or was it just the bottle? Only the bottles are on show in my local store, wondered if they have the boxes out the back?

Comment

wondered if they have the boxes out the back?
                              Wouldnt they be buying in bulk, and so not have presentation boxes?
                              I feel my wallet needs relieving of funds - I've only got about £15 in vouchers, but last time I hoovered all my spare change from around my room and various jacket pockets, it would have covered this...

I sense another hoovering coming on tonight....

Comment

• Originally posted by Javaman View Post
                                Wouldnt they be buying in bulk, and so not have presentation boxes?
                                I feel my wallet needs relieving of funds - I've only got about £15 in vouchers, but last time I hoovered all my spare change from around my room and various jacket pockets, it would have covered this...

I sense another hoovering coming on tonight....
                                They have boxed Dom and (IIRC) Bollinger, so it might be worth an ask

Comment

Working...
                                X