State of Emergency in Bangkok

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
    hang on, Samak was Thaksin affiliated and therefore a red pm right?

he dropped dead not long after.
    You're right, I'm getting my colours mixed up.

He was a mate of Thaksin, hence removed by the 'juduciary'. For having a cooking programme.

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      You're right, I'm getting my colours mixed up.

He was a mate of Thaksin, hence removed by the 'juduciary'. For having a cooking programme.
      Indeed then ran off to the usa and died soon after.
      My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Folks,

As of midnight. Bangkok and parts of surrounding provinces (Nonthaburi and Samut Prakhan) will now be under a State of Emergency.

http://bangkokpost.com/news/local/39...ngkok-protests

Not much else is known exactly what effects this will have i.e curfews etc

Protests are expected to continue though.

Comment

• I can hear the protest at Asoke continuing as per normal right now. We will have to see what of the new powers the Government has they actually try to implement and with their limited police and army support whether they are actually in a position to enforce any they do try to implement.

Comment

• At least the title of the thread is bang on again. I have the feeling this could keep going for a few years and the title will be correct again and again....

Originally posted by Lobster View Post
            I can hear the protest at Asoke continuing as per normal right now.
            You can hear them from the SGS ?. I didn't think there was that many of them left there to make much din.

Comment

You can hear them from the SGS ?. I didn't think there was that many of them left there to make much din.
              In the evenings it gets busy as all the office workers come to listen to the free bands playing

Comment

• got an overnight mail to be in Laem Chabang next Wednesday..... I really want to go.... well... have to discus this matter today morning....
                This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

At least the title of the thread is bang on again. I have the feeling this could keep going for a few years and the title will be correct again and again....
                  Yeah, you probably should make it a "sticky" topic

PM's just released the "T&C's" for the SoE

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/poli...-30224889.html

Comment

• Yes a number of in-the-know friends all seem to think the Red-Yellow war will get worse and last for a long time.

Comment

• Singapore MFA issues update as a red shirt pro-government leader is shot. Situation moving downhill. So sad.

Travel Notice for Thailand [Updated: 22 January 2014]
                      The Thai Government announced on 21 January 2014 that a state of emergency will be imposed for 60 days, with effect from 22 January 2014, in all districts of Bangkok, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani’s Lardlumkaew district and Samut Prakarn’s Bang Pli district (which includes Suvarnabhumi Airport).

Political demonstrations continue in and around Bangkok and in several provinces in Thailand. Since 13 January 2014, protestors have occupied seven major intersections in Bangkok. Protest sites include major intersections at Asok, Pathumwan, Lumpini, Victory Monument, Ratchaprasong, Lad Phrao, Silom, and Chaeng Wattana. Some protest sites are located in the vicinity of shopping malls like MBK, Siam Paragon, Central World and Terminal 21. Protest marches and new rallying points, such as government buildings, could be announced at short notice. There have been incidents of violence at protest sites and during protest marches, including bombings and drive-by shootings, which led to some deaths and injuries.

Singaporeans who wish to travel to Bangkok during this period should avoid large gatherings and protest marches, as well as all protests sites and their vicinity during the day and especially at night. Even demonstrations that are meant to be peaceful can turn confrontational, and escalate into violence without warning. Traffic disruptions, blockages and delays can be expected to be severe. Singaporeans in Bangkok should monitor local news and developments closely, take all necessary precautions for personal safety, and purchase comprehensive travel and medical insurance. In addition, Singaporeans are encouraged to eRegister with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs at https://eregister.mfa.gov.sg/ so that we may contact you should the need arise. Singaporeans who are in need of consular assistance while in Bangkok may contact our Embassy in Bangkok or the 24 hr MFA Duty Office at:

Embassy of the Republic of Singapore in Thailand
                      129 South Sathorn Road, Bangkok 10120
                      Tel: +66-(2) 286-2111 or +66-(81) 844-3580 (24-hours)
                      Fax: +66-(2) 287-2578
                      Email: singemb_bkk@sgmfa.gov.sg

Ministry of Foreign Affairs Duty Office (24-hours)
                      Tel: 6379 8800, 6379 8855
                      Fax: 6476-7302
                      Email: mfa_duty_officer@mfa.gov.sg

Comment

• booked my flights... in BKK on Sunday and leave on Thursday... keeping fingers crossed...

Comment

• I'll be there Saturday & Sunday, what time are you reaching town?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                            I'll be there Saturday & Sunday, what time are you reaching town?
                            1715, meeting my brother returning from Chiangmai

Comment

• Think I'll be on the highway to your favourite airport by that time, you can check me in at TG Plat

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                Think I'll be on the highway to your favourite airport by that time, you can check me in at TG Plat
                                by time I get out, may be a bit tight...

Comment

Working...
                                X