• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amsterdam

Lots of nice cafes serving decent coffee in chic settings down Berenstraat

Meneer Pannekoek Raadhuisstraat 6; Dutch pancakes

Rainarai Prinsengracht 252; Algerian

Christophe Leliegracht 46; French - Michelin starred

Envy Delicacies Prinsengracht 381; Fusion - Michelin starrted, ultra trendy decor

Some pics of Envy:

You either let the chef's choice menu make up your mind for you, or do it the fun way - mix and match whatever you feel like eating. People usually go for 1 starter, and 3-4 of the 'delicacies.' I didn't feel like the full chef's choice menu as it looked rather heavy and I had a huge pancake for lunch, so I created my own little meal.

Assorted appetisers

Trio of oysters filled with a salad of wakame, enoki mushrooms and other bits and pieces

Hare done in 2 ways, forgot the exact details but one of them was braised in chocolate sauce

Canapes of brioche, foie gras pate and then some

Creme Brulee
    Last edited by KeithMEL; 28 January 2008, 07:33 PM.
    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Ciro & Sons, Via Del Giglio 28r, Firenze. www.ciroandsons.com
      I tried this family ristorante when I visited Firenze and I kept coming back there during my stay there. They had great food with great services ... Here's some shots of the food..

Bistecca alla Fiorentina

Forgot the name but its a steak with foie-gras

Scampi Spaghetti

Home-made agnolotti with black truffle

The owners who were also the waiters except the mum who was the wait staff

Comment

• Mike's Kitchen Rib & Steakhouse, 2 Gooding Drive, Merrimack, GoldCoast... www.mikeskitchen.com.au

It's a must try for ribs lover... Their ribs are really great but do not order too much as their portion is really big.... hehehehehe

Menu Cover

Full rack of ribs

Comment

• Originally posted by blast-off View Post
          Forgot the name but its a steak with foie-gras
          Tournedos Rossini I think.

Comment

• Ok chappies ...

I will be in KL and want to try the best of the various cuisine. Can you help?

I saw this thread http://www.sqtalk.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1761 but wanted to find the following info:-

*Best Mexican
            *Best Italian
            *Best Korean
            *Best Japanese

*Bak kut teh - I hear the ones in Klang is nice. How do I go about finding the shop? Any recommended one?

* Kajang satay... Assume it must be in Kajang? Again, which shop?

* Is there any food that is unique to KL?

Thanks

Comment

• How long will you be in KL? Looks like a week plan for dinner? But for me, I would go for local food... after all I am from a small village.

Comment

• I've updated my Melbourne entry (post 6):
                - I've removed the Rockpool Bar and Grill. The quality of service and dining has decreased a fair bit and I can no longer recommend the restaurant. I've heard similarly negative comments about their sister restaurant in Sydney and have consequently removed it from my Sydney entry. QF probably should find alternative endorsements to Neil Perry.

- Added The European under list of coffee places. It is especially nice in summer!
                Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 March 2008, 04:20 PM.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Los Angeles

Ketchup (Sunset Blvd) - Pan American

I also echo StarG's suggestion of The Ivy. I'd just avoid the shellfish in future.
                  Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 March 2008, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• Las Vegas

Mon Ami Gabi (The Paris) - French; try the steak frites!

Comment

• New York City

Mesa Grill (5th and 15th) - Brunch
                      Bar Masa (Colombus Circle) - Japanese fusion (Thanks to HUGE AL for the tip! )

Would also like to second previous recommendations of Rocking Horse Cafe and La Bernadin!
                      Last edited by KeithMEL; 8 March 2008, 04:13 PM.

Comment

• San Francisco

Two (SoMa, diagonally opposite the W) - Modern American

Comment

• Can I butt in?

Perth, Western Australia

Coffee:

Epic, Outram Street, West Perth. Best coffee in Perth, period. Corey, the owner of Epic is meticulous and particular beyond belief. He has two Synessos and a multitide of Mazzers to make sure your coffee is ground and extracted to perfection. Take away doesn't cut it, you need to sit down, but they will accommodate you with the dedicated Synesso for takeaway if you're in a rush. You shouldn't miss their affogato with homemade vanilla bean icecream and I believe they have pistachio icecream too. Give a ristretto or three a go as well.

Velvet, King Street, Perth (just North of St Georges' Tce and just South of Hay Street, on your left heading North) Justin is the owner and he makes a damn good coffee. He also uses a Synesso and he is a really nice guy even though he supports the Freo Dockers. Good light lunches here too.

Velvet and Epic both use different custom blended Five Senses beans that are roasted in Rockingham south of Perth.

Tiger Tiger, Murray Street Mews, Perth. These guys have a funky vibe that makes me feel a bit uncool but they do a damn good coffee (local roasters Fiori supply their beans) Food is said to be good too but I haven't had it myself.

I'm a bit of a coffee nut in case you can't tell but I will be back with more!

Comment

• Originally posted by newflyer View Post
                            I'm a bit of a coffee nut in case you can't tell but I will be back with more!
                            Join the club!

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL
                              Master List continued...

NORTH AMERICA

Chicago...Mexican
                              Uncle Julio's -- recommended by CGK; Pics
                              Southern
                              Heaven on Seven -- recommended by CGK...
                              JMO, but I'd suggest categorizing Uncle Julio's as "TexMex" rather than "Mexican." Also, Heaven on Seven would probably better be categorized as "Louisiana Style" rather than "Southern." Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
                                JMO, but I'd suggest categorizing Uncle Julio's as "TexMex" rather than "Mexican." Also, Heaven on Seven would probably better be categorized as "Louisiana Style" rather than "Southern." Thanks.
                                Done.

That reminds me of the restos in NOLA that I'd forgotten to include -- Mr B's and Mother's. Deffo must-trys!

Comment

Working...
                                X