No announcement yet.

Die, die, must try! -- Eating outside Singapore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG, Julio's ribs....delicious. I'm salivating. Have to visit Chicago....

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
      ...I heartily second cawhite's recommendation about Gibsons in Chicago. (Best steak I've had, but check it in case you order it medium rare. They might be less careful on a busy night, and give you a medium steak instead. The martinis -- straight up -- were awesome.)
      Originally posted by CGK
      Agreed! I don't eat much meat. But the steak at Gibsons is excellent. Another good sign is the fact that the spinach and broccoli were not overcooked (like in too many restaurants I had been to).

Of course, for SQTalkers who wants to be hip and bee seen, the bar is the place. But for me it's the law in Chicago for still allowing smoking in the bar is really downgrade the points. And, the straight up martini was awesome! (As you can see, I use a singular, because I had only one, not like Sir Green Traitors. )
      Originally posted by MovieMan
      Agree on Gibsons. Great steaks. The size of some of the portions, however... I suggest you take a few friends with you...
      The three of you had a fairly nice sampling of why it's one of my favorite haunts in Chicago.

Originally posted by SQFan
      ...Have to visit Chicago....
      Yes, you do.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
        OMG, Julio's ribs....delicious. I'm salivating. Have to visit Chicago....
        Ok.. This is the last straw with regards to kinkiness on this forum! Salivating at Julio's ribs....what else? His bum too?

Comment

• J works out to get his perfect body but I don't think he has envisioned himself served on a plate like this!

Originally posted by CGK View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            The guy with the bib looks vaguely familiar. You must know him quite well, SQ LLP.

Me thinks we should have a CMB do sometime this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by phaleesy View Post
              Me thinks we should have a CMB do sometime this year.
              A CMB Do would be different. The journey from the airport to here (the CMB Hilton) was certainly interesting and what sort of place is CMB anyway where I get a sign stuck to my room window saying:

DEAR GUEST

DUE TO SECURITY REASONS WE ADVISE YOU TO REFRAIN FROM USING YOUR BINOCULARS, CAMERAS OR VIDEO CAMERAS TO VIEW OR TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE SURROUNDING AREAS FROM YOUR ROOM WINDOW

THANK YOU
              THE MANAGEMENT
              And after a few quick surreptitious photos, a hotel staff did knock on my door and ask whether my room is OK - coincidence I hope!

Comment

• DEAR GUEST

DUE TO SECURITY REASONS WE ADVISE YOU TO REFRAIN FROM USING YOUR BINOCULARS, CAMERAS OR VIDEO CAMERAS TO VIEW OR TAKE PHOTOGRAPHS OF THE SURROUNDING AREAS FROM YOUR ROOM WINDOW

THANK YOU
                THE MANAGEMENT

I think the logic here is that Binos and Cams have lenses that reflects of flare/light that is not unlike a SNIPER'S SCOPE. You wouldn't want them to accidentally mistaken you for one

Sorry for making this thread out of line

Comment

• Originally posted by Jubilee777 View Post
                  Ok.. This is the last straw with regards to kinkiness on this forum! Salivating at Julio's ribs....what else? His bum too?
                  Errr, not that way inclined.
                  Methinks I should send you a test Gaz sent me.

Originally posted by jhm View Post
                  A CMB Do would be different. :
                  Another Do?

Comment

• I've updated my recommendations for MEL with some exquisite restaurants that I've had the pleasure of patronising relatively recently:

- Ezard's (Pan Asian)
                    - Delizia Cucinia (Italian)
                    - Greasy Joe's (Breakfast)
                    - Nobu (the one and only...)
                    - Pure South (Modern European)
                    Last edited by KeithMEL; 4 January 2008, 02:55 AM.
                    All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Auckland

Contemporary European/Kiwi
                      Soul Bar and Bistro Viaduct Harbour
                      Euro Shed 22, Princes Wharf
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• a selection of vienna....

traditional austrian/hungarian/south-german
                        Figlmüller 1010, Wollzeile 5.
                        Plachutta 1010, Wollzeile 38.
                        Schweizerhaus 1100, Prater.
                        Steirereck 1030, Am Heumarkt 2A.
                        Brandauer 1130, Am Platz 5.
                        Siebenstern Bräu 1170, Siebensterng. 19
                        Heuriger Zahel 1230, Maurer Hauptplatz 9

traditional austrian coffee houses
                        K&K Hofzuckerbäckerei Demel 1010, Kohlmarkt 14
                        Konditorei Oberlaa Stadthaus 1010, Neuer Markt 16
                        Café Sacher 1010, Philharmonikerstraße 4
                        Café Landtmann 1010, Dr. Karl-Lueger-Ring 4
                        Café Sperl 1060, Gumpendorfer Straße 11
                        Café Central 1010, Herrengasse 14
                        Café Stein 1090, Währigerstraße 6-8
                        Café Hawelka 1010, Dorotheergasse 6
                        Café Griensteidl 1010, Michaelaplatz 2
                        Café de l'Europe 1010, Graben 31
                        Café Dommayer 1130 Auhofstraße 2

perhaps hon2 can help me out a bit
                        Home is where your heart is.

Comment

• Actually I do recall some names... Need to remember to keep those name cards in future...

Rome

Il Tinello - Via di Porta Pinciana 16, just around the corner from the Hotel Eden; Traditional Roman

Trattoria - Via del Pozzo Delle Cornacchie 25; Modern Sicilian

Antica Trattoria Tritone - Via dei Maroniti 1; Traditional Roman
                          Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 January 2008, 02:00 AM. Reason: poor grammar

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
                            Antica Trattoria Tritone - Via dei Maroniti 1; Traditional Roman
                            Did you try pajata ?

Comment

• Originally posted by jhm View Post
                              Did you try pajata ?
                              Nope but I did try calf livers, which were quite nice actually.

Comment

• Dubai

Carter's Modern European; Pyramid Building, Wafi City
                                Medzo Italian; Pyramid Building, Wafi City
                                Al Safadi Arabic; Al Rigga Rd
                                Caviar House & Prunier Seafood/caviar; Madinat Jumeirah
                                Nappa Californian; Madinat Jumeirah
                                Verre by Gordon Ramsay Modern European; Hilton Dubai Creek
                                Last edited by KeithMEL; 27 January 2008, 01:59 AM. Reason: schpelling

Comment

Working...
                                X