[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pinkfloyd View Post
    Was this by the BKK SKL staff? I'm trying very hard not to be insulting but I find them as useful as an ashtray on a motorbike...
    No, it was by the SQ check in transit staff, but she has called (maybe the SKL staff ?) somebody before answering me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
      See the start of my Oslo TR...

You might get a raised eyebrow from the staff
      I didn't !! I came the first day for breakfast and then for lunch and dinner.
      When I left after dinner, I was told that I could stay until 2 A.M.
      I was there the following day for breakfast and of course well recognized by the staff

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
        Can anyone confirm if I have a first class boarding pass for SIN-NRT SQ12, I can check in the night before, enter the TPR for supper, then come back again to TPR the next morning before the flight for breakfast ?

Can we enter TPR twice before our flight as long as I secure the F boarding pass ?
        I confirm that you can enter as much as you want.
        One time I was coming in the First Class Lounge and wanting only take a Singapore Sling at the bar, they were insisting that I was going TPR instead of staying in FCL.

It was always almost empty, I've never seen more than 4-5 people at a time.

Comment

• Originally posted by G_G View Post
          I didn't !! I came the first day for breakfast and then for lunch and dinner.
          When I left after dinner, I was told that I could stay until 2 A.M.
          I was there the following day for breakfast and of course well recognized by the staff
          Thank goodness I'm not the only one is all I can say!

Comment

Thank goodness I'm not the only one is all I can say!
            Wow Kyo, G_G beat you hands down!

Amazing, a full 1 day excursion with 3 meals in TPR, I am really surprise G_G or someone will do it.

Comment

• But... the question remains... did he clear immigration or stayed inside the entire time?!

Comment

• Of course after such an intensive use of TPR, I can make a review.

Service is great (on par with onboard) but some staff seems to be shy or maybe with poor english (it's not really a criticism as mine is not stellar ).

I was able of course to taste a lot of food and beverages.

I was amazed that there were only two red wines : one californian cabernet sauvignon and one italian chianti classico.
                The Singapore Sling was less less good than onboard : it look likes a one liter coke served in the US (more than half the glass was full of ice cubes).

And my major deception was after tasting the Burger Foie Gras (the SQTalk Special of course ! with a little more Foie Gras )

The burger is raw inside and overcooked outside
                The foie gras was completly tasteless, close to a "surimi" of foie gras.
                The only sauce provided was ketchup, but I can't imagine eating foie gras with ketchup.
                At least they were more creative at First Class Terminal in FRA, they were offering
                a ginger ketchup.
                I've tasted Egg Benedict, Singapore French Toast, Green Peas Soup, Lobster.
                All were disappointing.

The little buffet was much less offering than the one in FCL but with the same entrees.
                No dessert except ice creams.

Ultimately a very disappointing experience but maybe I was expecting too much
                as SQ give us so much pleasure in the air.
                Last edited by G_G; 14 October 2010, 02:42 AM.

Comment

But... the question remains... did he clear immigration or stayed inside the entire time?!
                  the only issue to clear immigration each time is to have a lot of stamps : there is still enough empty spaces on my passport.

Comment

• I think I can safely say my record for most items consumed inside TPR in one departure is not in any danger. And actually, I agree that it is better to go outside and taste local food when you're transiting for that long, so good choice to go out... one stamp won't kill ya!

Comment

I think I can safely say my record for most items consumed inside TPR in one departure is not in any danger.
                      And will never be from me : I must take pleasure at what I'm eating or I can't go on

Comment

• Oh don't get me wrong... if there's no pleasure eating, by all means, stop..

Comment

• Are there different menus for different meals in the TPR? (Breakfast, lunch, dinner etc)

Comment

• Yes, there are different menus for b'fast...

Comment

Yes, there are different menus for b'fast...
                              So lunch and dinner have the same menu?

Comment

• Disclaimer: Strictly based on my timeslots/experiences so far, yes - lunch/dinner have the same menu, but certain items in particular depending on chef's special etc, might only be served during (for one particular menu I recall) the 'afternoon tea' time...

Comment

Working...
                                X