[SIN] The Private Room at SKL T3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by maxmin View Post
    I was given a TPR invitation on an award ticket last week, so maybe it's changing (or someone made a fantastic mistake!)

I have to say that late in the evening, I couldn't really see what the fuss was about (other than the great showers)... but come Monday morning it was nice and quiet, while F and J lounges were heaving!
    Was that a regular F flight or was it an award flight that had been transferred across to Suites?

Comment

• A regular award flight not in suites.

Comment

• I have just learned that our certain QF loving SQTalker has also been invited to the TPR on an award ticket about 3 hours ago.

Maybe SQ has relaxed the access rules after all.

Comment

• I believe, however, that his award ticket was for Suites, since there was an aircraft substitution to A380. So perhaps it's too early to say for sure...

Comment

• Is anyone else able to confirm if they received entry to TPR at T3 on a *A award ticket?

Cheers.

Comment

• You're not supposed to, but bizarrely some have been 'invited' on award tickets.

I asked again last week if the ridiculous ban on people on award or upgrade flights was still in force and they said it was.

Comment

• Thanks Man Flyer! The invitations would have been given at checkin/departure city, correct? It would be good to know if some of these "lucky" pax are receiving these at specific airports, i.e. LAX, LHR, SYD, MAN, etc.

Hey maxmin, quick question - which airport were you departing from on your award ticket and did you request the TPR access or was it just given to you?

Cheers!
                Last edited by SQ All The Way; 8 December 2008, 01:26 AM.

Comment

• No such luck for me In the (normal) F lounge now, and I'm on an award ticket.
                  ________
                  Bmw e23
                  Last edited by oblivious; 10 March 2011, 09:55 AM.

Comment

• Hi Everyone,
                    I wonder whether you are able to bring in one guest in the TPR. I will be there this Wednesday and wondered if you were allowed to bring a guest, and if so, what were the conditions ?
                    Thanks

Comment

• AFAIK, no guest allowed at TPR. You can invite a guest, but both of you will only allow to go to SKL F section.

Comment

• OK thanks! The opposite would have been surprising from SQ

Comment

• Award ticket in Suites and being allowed into the TPR

For those wondering why KeithMEL has been allowed into TPR...

Suites are not available for awards, meaning that one must have been booked on the 744 in O class prior to the equipment change. The award ticket has to be honoured since it's already ticketed, but there is no O class on the 380, so they must accommodate KeithMEL in R class.

Comment

• Originally posted by kchika View Post
                            For those wondering why KeithMEL has been allowed into TPR...

Suites are not available for awards, meaning that one must have been booked on the 744 in O class prior to the equipment change. The award ticket has to be honoured since it's already ticketed, but there is no O class on the 380, so they must accommodate KeithMEL in R class.
                            Except that SQ's stated rationale for denying TPR access does not differentiate b/w O, F or R. The asserted distinction is "commercial" (ie, paid) vs. award redemption travel.

--mcz

Comment

• Originally posted by mczlaw View Post
                              Except that SQ's stated rationale for denying TPR access does not differentiate b/w O, F or R. The asserted distinction is "commercial" (ie, paid) vs. award redemption travel.

--mcz
                              That's a very smart comment. Have a guess how check-in staff determines whether you have a "commercial" ticket? Right! They look at your booking class!

"O" can only be award/upgrade/redemption and F and R can only be commerical. Exception was the case explained above where "O" (744) got changed to "R" (388), hence looked commerical, hence got access to the TPR.

Makes sense?

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                                That's a very smart comment. Have a guess how check-in staff determines whether you have a "commercial" ticket? Right! They look at your booking class!

"O" can only be award/upgrade/redemption and F and R can only be commerical. Exception was the case explained above where "O" (744) got changed to "R" (388), hence looked commerical, hence got access to the TPR.

Makes sense?
                                But there are also "A" class and "F" class used for both redemption (Standard and Full Awards respectively) and commercial bookings which makes it a bit tricky, right?
                                I suspect that in this case SQ has a different method to identify commercial vs. redemption booking than just mere booking class.
                                Last edited by StarG; 15 December 2008, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X