No announcement yet.

Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the end - if they do go down this revenue route, all i see is a huge mess. As alluded to in this thread - revenue is a mystic black art that is about as transparent as my 77 year old Aunty May's tights.

A hypothetical Yahoo messenger chat between two SQTalkers - highlighting how befuddled one might be describing the PPS requalification process........

Old conversation:

SQTalker H: How far are you from requalifying?
    SQTalker S: I've got 12.5 in the bank. Another 12.5 to go
    SQTalker H: Cool!

New conversation:
    SQTalker S
    : Last time I checked when Singaporeair.com was up was that I was short $7950.45. At todays exchange rate I don't know what it is though. I hear the SGD has appreciated vs most currencies.
    SQTalker H: But the site is down a lot these days- must be overloaded with calculations. When did you last check? I haven't seen my Krisflyer account for over 8 months now!
    SQTalker S: About 84 days ago. I managed to sneak a peek in, but when i clicked "my bookings" the site timed out. I also don't know what sort of ticket will be close to that price to buy to get me over the mark. I don't want to overspend.
    SQTalker H: Oh, in that case, since it's been that long, you don't really have a clue how near or far you are then do you?
    SQTalker S: I don't SQ has a clue either
    SQTalker H: Sod that. We're off to CX!

New conversation 2:
    SQTalker S
    : I'm about 67.235% of the way to PPS. But accounting for the exchange rate, I'm fairly certain, with a 95% confidence interval, that I should reach PPS again when i'm 34.552% of the way into my flight to NRT.
    SQTalker H: Say what?

New conversation 3:
    SQTalker S
    : Taking into account GDP growth and balance of payment forecasts for singapore, I've hedged my requalification to 65 dollars a barrel. I've also bought SQ Fare futures - so if the market goes my way, I'll requalify by 11.33am on June the 5th. That's the upside. On the downside, I'm predicting no worse than tea time on October the 12th.
    SQTalker H
    : Cool!

New conversation 4:
    SQTalker S
    : Well, if I route all power from the deflectors to the engines, and invert the phases on the warp coils............
    Last edited by SQflyergirl; 11 March 2007, 12:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by yyzprincess View Post
      UA GS is not totally based on revenue. One can be nominated to UGS without spending. United Sales gives the status as corporate incentives.
      EMC is one such company whose Travel Managers receives a set number annually to be given to EMC Executives and Top Management.

company spending is still revenue for the airline... instead of giving it to the individual, the airline gives a set number to a company which they have a commercial contract with.. seems to be based entirely on revenue or future potential revenue...

Again, it is much easier that UGS is invitational only.. no need to disclose what they do with it and how people get it... for all we know, getting UGS is determined by the number of times you get barked at by the prison matrons each year...

Comment

• Originally posted by yyzprincess View Post
        UA GS is not totally based on revenue. One can be nominated to UGS without spending. United Sales gives the status as corporate incentives.
        EMC is one such company whose Travel Managers receives a set number annually to be given to EMC Executives and Top Management.

Many 1K had written United pointing out 1K can only be earned by spending & UGS can be earned without spending and made their displeasure known being downgraded .Thus UA in 2007 is making effort to elevate the 1K status.
        Boarding with UGS.No fees.The benefit differences between UGS & 1K is getting narrower.
        Welcome to SQTalk, yyzprincess!
        All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Latest news is that implementation will not happen till later in the year, most possibly September. This is due to software problems relating to the new calculation for PPS qualification. But an official announcement will be made 'soon' in the form of letters to existing PPS members.
          All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• Originally posted by KeithMEL View Post
            Latest news is that implementation will not happen till later in the year, most possibly September. This is due to software problems relating to the new calculation for PPS qualification. But an official announcement will be made 'soon' in the form of letters to existing PPS members.
            Thankyou Keith for a warm welcome.If was in JAN,I discovered the new site.
            I tried logging-in on the old site in DEC,kept getting incorrect password.

My Qualifying period is from 1OCT 2006-30 SEPT.2007.
            Due to committments in Canada, I will not be travelling to Asia until July & Sept. By August I should have 22 Sectors. If I can make it to Asia in Sept. it will be last week in Sept.,will do transpacific to get 5/6 sectors.
            Question for the Experts:
            Will SQ allow one to requalify under the old program if one is 3/4 ways towards requalifying?

I hope SQ makes an announcement soon.SQ does not allow me to complete the current qualifying year under the old program,I may just cancel my travel on SQ in July and look towards CX.

Comment

• I don't know about the details. I would think that everything will be laid out in the announcement letter. My guess is that current PPS still be able to requalify using the old requal methods up to Sep 30. Then, Oct 1, everything will be based on the new system.
              Just sit back, relax, and wait till the official letter arrives.

Comment

• It is all conjectures, but you would think existing PPS members should be able to requalify under current thresholds for the current membership year.

The web site shows how many more sectors/miles you need to requalify. It will be a rude surprise if someone sees he/she is 1.25 sectors from requalification only to be told the next day that he/she actually needs 21.25 sectors now. Or someone may have requalified already (shows 0), then disqualified.

Comment

• That's why SQ will send the announcement letter soon. (When? ) Thus you can plan accordingly until the new enhanced program taking in effect.

Comment

• Very very soon we will all know whether the rumours in post #1 are becoming facts or not. I think I have to sit down when I receive the letter. There are some surprises.

Comment

• Finally get to a company that's going to pay SQ C travel with my 1st C trip on the 77W next month. Its made me think where I should park my miles. Should I go LH? or somewhere else? Just depleted my KF account so I can go anywhere. What do y'all think

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
                        Finally get to a company that's going to pay SQ C travel with my 1st C trip on the 77W next month. Its made me think where I should park my miles. Should I go LH? or somewhere else? Just depleted my KF account so I can go anywhere. What do y'all think
                        How many miles do you expect to be flying a year per class of service? Once you answer that, we can give you a better answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          My PPS Club card will be a collectible item. Will miss you, SKL F!
                          I will be known forever as a Life PPS dreamer.
                          Does Mr CGK know something more? Do share.

Comment

Finally get to a company that's going to pay SQ C travel with my 1st C trip on the 77W next month. Its made me think where I should park my miles. Should I go LH? or somewhere else? Just depleted my KF account so I can go anywhere. What do y'all think
                            How much your company is going to spend on SQ, how many base miles you're going to travel, what you want out of an FFP - all very important.

Comment

YGPM

Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
                              Does Mr CGK know something more? Do share.

My lips are sealed.

Just wait for the official announcement very soon.

Comment

• Thanks folks for your answers. I can't tell you how much I'll fly but probably 3-4Longhaul's/yr. In order not to go OT, will take this discussion offline

Comment

Working...
                                X