Changes to PPS?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
    No wonder. Wouldn't they have to put in some kind of grandparenting clause, so that people on the way to TPP or LPP wouldn't lose all the sectors / miles they had been accumulating under the old system?

If the rumor is true -- particularly the cut in QPP benefits (the cancellation of guest privileges at the SKL being especially mean-spirited ) -- the changes would be a surefire way to get rid of loyal customers. Has SQ management really become so short-sighted?
    Just to get into a lounge?? It's ridiculous....might as well route via FRA, and I *prefer* their F lounges....however, I *prefer* SQ in-flight service, compared to LH's! (except in LH F, of course! )

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
      Unfortunately CX / OW don't have a very comprehensive network and frequencies to cover SIN to Indonesia, India, Philippines, Thailand, etc.
      For India, use 9w!

Comment

Originally posted by Savage25 View Post
        Any good CX fares out of BOM?
        Come to think of it...I had never even considered this until today, but let me get back to you...I'll have to research...I know he had some tricks he was telling me about (that other FF'ers were using)!

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
          ... (except in LH F, of course! )
          To be honest, I had the chance to go for HON when it just introduced. But flying LH F often was not as great as flying SQ F, in my case. I guess I am still too thick in my food diet for asian taste.

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
            Unfortunately CX / OW don't have a very comprehensive network and frequencies to cover SIN to Indonesia, India, Philippines, Thailand, etc.

If all this come true as predicted, I would be more than eager to switch to CX / OW, and encourage the many TPP/QPPs in my company to do the same.
            Once CX gets more revenue, I guarantee they will do their best to go further ahead...and possibly start more frequencies....I know that CX head was in Bangladesh to startup their new routes, and spent about 2-3 months there....

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
              To be honest, I had the chance to go for HON when it just introduced. But flying LH F often was not as great as flying SQ F, in my case. I guess I am still too thick in my food diet for asian taste.
              Possibly...that's where LH shines...I had a great time on board! Yum-yum! Fed like a pig...it was amazing...and the expresso was the best one I had *ever* had, much less 30,000 feet up in the air - truly amazing....but that's the only class of travel on LH that is worth flying, imo!

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                You will see by the reaction to changes that is quite clearly nonsense.

If you see no benefit(s) while being a PPS then either:

A) You're not using it properly

or

B) You didn't need the status in the first place so you've wasted time and money obtaining it.
                Possibly point B)....

Comment

I have been inching away from DL because of changes to their FF program. I have hesitated where to go to, but maybe if SQ announces changes to PPS as announce in the OP, I guess it might just be the little push I need to switch to AA...
                  Take CX instead of SQ and earn AA exec plat in comfort... Might be a good option.
                  I will wait for the official announcement though before making a final decision.

Comment

I feel with everyone here, very sad. But SQ is a business and they want to keep PPS as exclusive as possible from what it looks like they are doing now. SQ itself still is great to fly with and their fares ex SE Asia are still quite a bit more reasonable then CX's fares or many others, at least the routes I fly.
                    I would most likely give up PPS but still fly SQ and move all my miles to AC or find another *carrier that I find worthwhile and qualify for Top Tier there.
                    SKL would still be available when flying C/J/F except no guest which is to bad.
                    I had just decided which FF program to work with from now on, oh well it's back to the drawing board, any suggestion anyone?

Comment

Possibly...that's where LH shines...I had a great time on board! Yum-yum! Fed like a pig...it was amazing...and the expresso was the best one I had *ever* had, much less 30,000 feet up in the air - truly amazing....but that's the only class of travel on LH that is worth flying, imo!
                      But I can't eat those yum yums day in day out!
                      I love SQ blue mountain coffee.

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
                      I would most likely give up PPS but still fly SQ and move all my miles to AC or find another *carrier that I find worthwhile and qualify for Top Tier there.
                      SKL would still be available when flying C/J/F except no guest which is to bad.
                      I had just decided which FF program to work with from now on, oh well it's back to the drawing board, any suggestion anyone?
                      Since the new redemption level changes announced, I credited my miles to other non-SQ FFP, except when I took SQ Y. And yeah, had been flying mix of different airlines the past 6 months.
                      Regarding suggestion for other FFP to join, perhaps it's time to start a new thread for that!

Comment

"Regarding suggestion for other FFP to join, perhaps it's time to start a new thread for that!"

I think that would be a good idea. I dont' have to much experience using other FF programs, especially outside of Star-Alliance.
                        Would be very interested.
                        I actually have a trip coming up which will give me close to 30,000 miles, all flights are in J on SQ and right now collected on KF - maybe I should consider putting them somewhere else.
                        Now, the other question - will we keep "SQ Talk"?
                        Last edited by yvrcnx; 10 March 2007, 02:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by yvrcnx View Post
                          Now, the other question - will we keep "SQ Talk"?
                          I was just going to suggest this, but kept quiet....

Looks like xxtalk.com is not up and running...nor has it been registered...

Comment

There is a CathayTalk.com.

Comment

I was just going to suggest this, but kept quiet....

Looks like xxtalk.com is not up and running...nor has it been registered...
                              Should be YYtalk.com - seeing as how YY means any carrier

Comment

In any business - what goes up must come down. You go through birth, growth, maturity and decline. Good brand managers can somewhat extend this growth and maturity phase - but inevitably no one ever has the fuel to go on forever. This golden goose has got to land sometime. Seen it for a while already, in the service cutbacks, KF changes etc.

As for now, I hear the "Cabin Crew, prepare for arrival" call. Time to proverbially buckle up, wait for the plane to arrive at the gate, and catch my connecting CX flight. Thanks for the ride.

Comment

Working...
                                X