X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    There is a CathayTalk.com.

Comment

I will wait and see after the official announcement. Will prepare for the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ TPP View Post
        I will wait and see after the official announcement. Will prepare for the worst.
        Yeah and hope they will do soon.
        So I can move on and put my flights where it matters.
        Bar raising is fine by me... but SQ seems to think radical one is good. Look at the KF redemption levels for 77W FCL/JCL.

Comment

Bar raising is fine by me... but SQ seems to think radical one is good. Look at the KF redemption levels for 77W FCL/JCL.

Would you mind to elaborate?

Comment

I meant the radical increase imposed on First and Business Class redemptions on the 77W (double amount).

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
              Soon you will see your site become *very* busy, if these PPS changes actually come about!

Comment

Regardless of whether I continue flying SQ, both the airline and SQTalk will always be special to me as it is through these 2 mediums that I've made so many good friends I otherwise would not have met. I see SQTalk not only as a place for sharing information - it is a community which is here to stay.

But of course - the assortment of smileys used might hopefully mean y'all are semi-serious at best.
                All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ TPP View Post
                  Yeah and hope they will do soon.
                  So I can move on and put my flights where it matters.
                  Bar raising is fine by me... but SQ seems to think radical one is good.
                  Me too. I'll prepare for the worst, and hope for the not-so-bad.

The rumored changes to the PPS program are, to me, more about whether a door is shut for attaining QPP status in the future -- not really that big of a deal for a leisure flyer who, like me, is based outside of SQ's central network. But for a number of my friends, it's about the betrayal of a reciprocal loyalty.

I too think the announcement should come soon, so frequent flyers can decide -- and SQ management can learn -- whether they will vote with their wallet.
                  ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

Originally posted by SuperFlyBoy View Post
                    For India, use 9w!
                    9W is not a member of any meaningful alliance where my miles can be consolidated to earn a top-tier status.

While I've heard very positive comments about 9W international services, I personally think 9W domestic is highly overrated in terms of service and a/c seating. After a horredous recent 9W domestic experience, I am going to fly Kingfisher whenever possible.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                      I too think the announcement should come soon, so frequent flyers can decide -- and SQ management can learn -- whether they will vote with their wallet.
                      The dynamic of PPS Club before to me was how to maximize miles/sectors in the trip plan. It is certainly not just to requalify with 25 sectors only, but with the strategy in the lower fares availability from certain places, I was able to bag more than 25 sectors or 50,000 miles required.
                      And if the rumour is true, the dynamic of PPS is nil. Basically flat and boring. Just show me the money.
                      Being a shy, naive and innocent person, it will be an embarrassment to have a PPS card. People knows how much is the spending to get that card - at least SGD 25K (?) or more. My cultural background has taught me not to show off $$$.

Note: The pita who demands service will shout "I am a PPS" and you know how much I spent! $25,000 at least!

Comment

Originally posted by milehighj View Post
                        9W is not a member of any meaningful alliance where my miles can be consolidated to earn a top-tier status.

While I've heard very positive comments about 9W international services, I personally think 9W domestic is highly overrated in terms of service and a/c seating. After a horredous recent 9W domestic experience, I am going to fly Kingfisher whenever possible.
                        Agreed about 9w domestic Y, which is why I call/web check-in the minute is it open, to secure my seat!

You can use customerrelations@jetairways.com if you wish to complain/inform - they will get back to you, after they investigate.

Problem is, IC (Kingfisher) lounges (I only flew IC once this year, DEL-PAT), are too hot, with horrible refreshments and service.

Never flew Kingfisher, although my classmate's stepfather is Mr. Malya! (owner of Kingfisher) Might try it after they status-match me....

Comment

Originally posted by CGK View Post
                          Being a shy, naive and innocent person, ...
                          * Surely you jest !
                          People knows how much is the spending to get that card - at least SGD 25K (?) or more.
                          * Precisely. People already know that in order to get the PPS card, you have to have enough mulah to be able to afford the required J and F sectors/miles.

My cultural background has taught me not to show off $$$.

Note: The pita who demands service will shout "I am a PPS" and you know how much I spent! $25,000 at least!
                          * So doing all those flights and sectors that you do in F, J and the odd Y (that everyone here knows about) isn't screaming just that?

Comment

* So doing all those flights and sectors that you do in F, J and the odd Y (that everyone here knows about) isn't screaming just that?
                            Not really. We know CGK flies most of his flights in premium classes, but if you met him casually, there's no way you would think so. He's quite down-to-earth.
                            ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

* Precisely. People already know that in order to get the PPS card, you have to have enough mulah to be able to afford the required J and F sectors/miles.
                              Or that the company you work for is willing to pay for all those J and F sectors.

Comment

Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                                Not really. We know CGK flies most of his flights in premium classes, but if you met him casually, there's no way you would think so. He's quite down-to-earth.
                                I second that!

-A

Comment

Working...
                                X