Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Early PPS Re-qualification still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm no expert on awards and redemptions unlike others on this forum.

I used to fly paid J short haul.

Flying long haul, I pay for Y and use my miles to upgrade to J.

The saver fares (the only ones worth getting) seem to have disappeared from long haul flights.

Confession: I don't have 740,000 miles for SIN-JFK-SIN redemption in J!

I think I will be shifting my strategy to Y for short haul ( and try to upgrade redemption to C) and paid J for long haul.

Short haul. There's where the saver tickets are...

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
      Your PPS qualification period will change when you hit TPP. When you qualify for TPP, your account will be reset even though it is in the middle of your Qualified PPS year.
      Yes the number of years when you reach TPP will be +1 from your last QPP year #.
      If I may ask, does the early re-qualification also exist when re-qualifying for TPP (i.e. TPP03 to TPP04). And does it also carry the same month to month ever since you became TPP? In other words, if you qualified for TPP from QPP in September your TPP membership becomes October 1, 2010 to September 30, 2011 and your membership year will always remain October 1st to September 30th year after year assuming you re-qualify for TPP every year?

Comment

Yes it will remain the same year after year. The early reset still exists as far as I know, my account last got reset 2 months ahead.

Comment

Working...
        X