Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Early PPS Re-qualification still exist?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by StarG View Post
    Your PPS qualification period will change when you hit TPP. When you qualify for TPP, your account will be reset even though it is in the middle of your Qualified PPS year.
    Yes the number of years when you reach TPP will be +1 from your last QPP year #.
    Back when I qualified for solitaire it was just before my anniversary. If I'd qualified 1 month later I'd have gotten a second set of (re)qualification vouchers. I'm not sure if that is still the case since the big PPS bust up.

Comment

Originally posted by N_Architect View Post

To be honest, PPS feels much better than Gold. At the moment, at least.
      My sentiments too.

However I am reconsidering whether to obsess about re qualifying (ie I may let PPS expire).

I have a lot of miles from flying and credit card spending.

But I am finding it hard to redeem for saver tickets.

I recently flew SIN-PEK-SIN.

Originally booked on J for wife and myself.

Cancelled the ticket. Rebooked on Y , paid for Emex seat.

The money I saved ( SIN$5k ) paid for my Grand Hyatt Club floor stay, hotels limo transfers ( Audi A6 ) from airport to hotel both ways, my guided tour to Great Wall, acrobat show, all F&B at hotel.

How's that for redemption option

If SQ hadn't made things so difficult to redeem, I would never be looking at alternative ways to spend my money

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
        If SQ hadn't made things so difficult to redeem, I would never be looking at alternative ways to spend my money
        I was silver up until mid-'08, became PPS for the first time four months later. With 125k miles in the bank time hasn't come for me to start redeeming (for flights) yet, but I admit that even thinking about it reveals the limitations of possible options.

Comment

As many has said, you have your own decision where to spend the money for which airlines that serves you best.
          Even if you have miles on KF, there are still routes that worth for an upgrade. Yes, it's still SpaceBeds but it's not in Y. I mean you can use your miles to upgrade to C when flying in revenue Y.

And for you, dr. love , next time you fly from/to Europe, since your ticket that your company gives you is in C, why not taking the 744 from/to LHR? And, you can take advantage of your accumulated miles to upgrade to F. It's definitely still worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ LPP View Post
            And I have no idea why my years qualified is 09.
            That means you either had been with SQ PPS for 9 years or 109 years...!

Comment

Originally posted by SQTalker View Post
              That means you either had been with SQ PPS for 9 years or 109 years...!

This year is still 2008 right? If my memory is still well, I was QPP1 in 2002.

Comment

.......And I have no idea why my years qualified is 09.

This year is still 2008 right? If my memory is still well, I was QPP1 in 2002.
                That could be right for 09.

Your years qualified advance by one when you qualify for TPP; so your years qualified advance by two that year. I am not LPP , but I suspect the same thing happened. Hence, you only need seven years to advance to LPP09.

Comment

Originally posted by StarG View Post
                  Your PPS qualification period will change when you hit TPP. When you qualify for TPP, your account will be reset even though it is in the middle of your Qualified PPS year.
                  Yes the number of years when you reach TPP will be +1 from your last QPP year #.
                  Thank you very much. You've been most helpful.
                  Originally posted by kapitan View Post
                  Why think so hard over it??? You get it, you'll get it, if have it, enjoy it, if not don't fret over it.

If you are consistently flying in J or F, PPS does not matter very very much.....
                  Originally posted by TerryK View Post
                  What does it matter? The years qualified doesn't show up anywhere now. I don't even know what my years qualified is.
                  I think there is no encouragement for me to inquire further (even though I would still like to know a little more) as my questions have burst the bubbles of several tempers.

Comment

Originally posted by StarFeat View Post
                    I think there is no encouragement for me to inquire further (even though I would still like to know a little more) as my questions have burst the bubbles of several tempers.
                    Don't be discouraged. Please do ask what you need to know further. It's a real world. Some would agree and some would disagree. At the end, you yourself who will decide whether PPS is worth it or not.

For me (putting aside my current Life PPS status), being PPS is a side benefit from my personal satisfaction being aboard SQ. So I will still pick SQ for my travel whether I am PPS or not. I feel at home aboard SQ. With the possibility of double dipping on SQ, I was able to be a QPP as well as an elite member on LH as well as BD later on. Anyway, in general, I don't expect much. Thus I am not too disappointed when anything goes wrong.

Comment

...I don't expect much. Thus I am not too disappointed when anything goes wrong.
                      Except when the towels aren't hot enough.
                      HUGE AL

Comment

Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                        Except when the towels aren't hot enough.
                        Just imagine yourself flying so very often on SQ. Soon enough you start to notice things, right? So the slight changes in the "HOT" towels get noticed immediately!
                        Same thing if you go every weekend to the same bar. Slight change would get noticed.

Comment

Too funny, SQ LPP!
                          HUGE AL

Comment

So I will still pick SQ for my travel whether I am PPS or not.
                            Well there are some people out there who fly SQ exclusively for the fame even if it is only economy they can afford at most. And later on they would tell their grand children that grandpa/grandma once flew on the golden bird and how proud they are of it. Kinda like some people would also travel to Paris for the fame so when they get asked if they'd been there, they can proudly say "Ah yes".
                            My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

As many has said, you have your own decision where to spend the money for which airlines that serves you best.
                              Even if you have miles on KF, there are still routes that worth for an upgrade. Yes, it's still SpaceBeds but it's not in Y. I mean you can use your miles to upgrade to C when flying in revenue Y.

And for you, dr. love , next time you fly from/to Europe, since your ticket that your company gives you is in C, why not taking the 744 from/to LHR? And, you can take advantage of your accumulated miles to upgrade to F. It's definitely still worth it.
                              Yes, SQ LPP, good points and duly noted. Generally I am not very familiar with awards and redemptions. For me actually the limitations are not so many, as my base in Europe is ATH, and the 772ER fly there, so that's great. I could also fly to CPH or FRA or could do the FRA-JFK on the 747 before they phase these lovely birds out. I don't intend to spend the miles on other programs or services other than SQ's. I fly SQ because of choice. Tickets are all paid by myself, not by the company. I do have an annual allowance (travel budget), but this is just enough for one *A (restricted business) fare.

Comment

Tickets are all paid by myself, not by the company. I do have an annual allowance (travel budget), but this is just enough for one *A (restricted business) fare.
                                In this case, maximizing the personal benefits would be wise. I believe some restricted business fares would allow you to connect in FRA or LHR. Thus a chance to upgrade to First on 744.
                                And also, perhaps once you reach 25K PPSV, you can buy Y fares and do upgrades to C. Thus, it's a lower cost and would let you have more leftovers in your travel budget.

Generally I am not very familiar with awards and redemptions.
                                Again, just want to let you know, many here are willing to help answering the questions that you might ask regarding awards and redemptions. If no one answers, I will try as best as I can to get you the answer.
                                Looking forward to your questions!

Comment

Working...
                                X