No announcement yet.

ANZ Travel Visa Signature Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reading their conditions, it looks to me that the 2.8 miles per dollar in Aus/NZ spent is not a guaranteed deal. Only 1.4 miles is issued per S$1 spent in Aus/NZ and the remaining 1.4 miles is subject to the 14,000 miles cap.... in other words, it is not given if the 14K monthly cap is reached.

This is really difficult to monitor.

Comment

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
      Got a text from ANZ. Apparently there won't be any cap til end of the year or that's how I read the it.

"Dear customer, we are pleased to inform that you can continue to earn 1.4 air miles for every S$1 spent locally on all of your retail spend, from now til 31 Jan 2015. For queries, please call 1800 xxxxxxx"
      Strange. I asked specfically about this and was told the 14K cap is still in place. This is quite a bummer as one will hit the limit with just $7K charge in Aus or NZ (based on 2.8 per $1)...and I was hoping to get my daughter to charge her school and hostel fees to this card.

Comment

• Sorry, i am not sure if this question belongs in this thread, but I thought i would ask anyway since its a credit card type thread....Has anyone here have any experience with the HSBC visa infinite fast track service for Tokyo ?

Thanks !

Comment

• Looked at using it previously but decided not to as it is more of a meet and greet after your get your baggage as opposed to actual fast track through immigration. From experience, the immigration queues have not been long when arriving off SQ flights at both NRT and HND

Comment

• Originally posted by mingster View Post
            Looked at using it previously but decided not to as it is more of a meet and greet after your get your baggage as opposed to actual fast track through immigration. From experience, the immigration queues have not been long when arriving off SQ flights at both NRT and HND
            Oh i see. That's not that useful for me then. Thanks !

Comment

• Just as useless at ICN, even some basic local questions that the greeter should have known were met with blank stares. Did not offer to carry even a small plastic bag as I was struggling with 4 bulkier ones the entire way.

Comment

• Just out of curiosity.. Anybody's statements look a little strange this month? Pm me to discuss if you agree

Comment

• I personally find ANZ very inconsistent in what they tell me on the phone.

For example, the 14K cap. Heard 3 different versions from 3 different calls - or is it my limited brain function? One seemt to say it is on, another said it is lifted for these few months and the third told me that only the additional 1.4miles for Aus/NZ is capped.

Now I am told that the PIN issued for ATM is the same one used for purchases in Aus in place of signatures wef 1 Aug 14 but then another person told me that it is not the same one and will not work.

Bizzare.

Comment

• Actually slightly off topic but will all credit cards in Australia require a pin even if it's an sg issued card?

Comment

Actually slightly off topic but will all credit cards in Australia require a pin even if it's an sg issued card?
                      At the moment, the rule applies ONLY to Australia issued cards. However, I have encountered on two occasions last month where a merchant's machine rejected my Singapore issued credit card. I ended up having to pay cash.

At the moment, when prompted for a PIN, you are supposed to just hit the "enter" button and the print-out will either require you to sign or just clear it without signature. Even local merchants are confused.

Comment

• I'm in Perth in a couple of weeks so will bring along my Aussie card as a backup just in case!

Comment

I'm in Perth in a couple of weeks so will bring along my Aussie card as a backup just in case!
                          If you have a chance, can you check if the Singapore ANZ card's PIN works? I am curious to know as I will be in Perth again in month plus and need to make quite a few purchases. Thanks.

Comment

• will try but that would mean finding out what my pin is first haha!

Comment

• Just an update for KC*

PIN not required for sg issued credit cards including the ANZ one. Got a few puzzled looks at some places when I had to sign for my purchases and if the machine prompts you for a pin just press enter and it will then ask for a signature.

Comment

• Just rang up to get my travel $ balance and got told its negative. They agreed this is not possible and said there is a glitch in the system and will have to revert to me.

My take on what happened is last month they accidentally credited every single account with way too many miles - I had 50k more than I thought I should and I know of others with 50-200k more. Now they're trying to fix it and have probably gone too far the other way.

I recommend cardholders check their statements and balances for their rewards points.

Comment

Working...
                                X