• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Redemption tickets

SQ637 NRT-SIN Suites on Feb 24
    SQ319 LHR-SIN new F on Apr 12

Comment

• Never flown in F before, planning a trip with my wife to Beijing next year and am thinking about using a few extra miles to try F from SIN - PEK. I know it's the 777 but it's not that many more miles!

Which would give a better experience for a first time F flyer? SQ802 (777-300ER) leaves 08:45 and SQ806 (777-300) at 16:50. Thinking SQ806 may be better as would likely have a full dinner service, whereas SQ802 may be breakfast?

Thanks for any thoughts!

Comment

• Originally posted by arrow29 View Post
        Never flown in F before, planning a trip with my wife to Beijing next year and am thinking about using a few extra miles to try F from SIN - PEK. I know it's the 777 but it's not that many more miles!

Which would give a better experience for a first time F flyer? SQ802 (777-300ER) leaves 08:45 and SQ806 (777-300) at 16:50. Thinking SQ806 may be better as would likely have a full dinner service, whereas SQ802 may be breakfast?

Thanks for any thoughts!
        If its your first time in F, go for the flight that serves you lunch or dinner.

I think SQ802 might serve lunch but open to correction. So you get to enjoy breakfast at TPR.

I'd choose SQ806 though because immigration queue at PEK would be shorter at that time and traffic into the city is also less congested

Comment

• Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
          I think SQ802 might serve lunch but open to correction. So you get to enjoy breakfast at TPR.
          This pic suggests it's breakfast, unless the F meal service differs from J.

Comment

• SQ806 is the way to go

Comment

• Isn't PEK getting the A380 sometime next year?

Comment

• Thanks for the advice everyone!

We actually had a complete change of holiday plans since we were able to get more leave off work. So I just managed to book 2x first saver awards on the A380 SIN-LHR! Our first time ever in suites/first class, so very excited and time to search through all the information on how to make the most of the flight

Comment

• Is it just me or have saver awards been harder to come by off late? Been looking for SIN-LAX-SIN in both F and J and have only found 1 J seat on the SIN-LAX segment available after searching from 1APR to 31MAY. Same goes for SFO. Unfortunately I can't risk the waitlist game this time around.

I'm in the same situation for a US roundtrip in July/Aug for a F or J saver award. I've only managed to find a SIN-SFO flight and an IAH-SIN flight (both in J) over a month apart.
                  The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

• SIN - LHR x2 in Suites

&

ZUR - SIN x2 in Suites

Comment

• Well done, is that for anytime soon?

Comment

• December. Honeymoon. I racked up points for about 4 years to do that...

Comment

• Congratulations!!

Comment

• SIN - SYD - 1 x Suites
                            SIN - SYD - 2 x Business

Comment

• SIN-CDG in Suites this Friday, my first First flight

Comment

• Nice guys.

Completed 2x ICNSIN in Dec.

Looking to book 2x SIN Europe vv. Not looking good so far..

Comment

Working...
                                X