X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kaysquare View Post
    Nice guys.

Completed 2x ICNSIN in Dec.

Looking to book 2x SIN Europe vv. Not looking good so far..
    There is a post here on SQTalk about SQ and how and when they clear waitlist. It says something about one SQTalker who went to the ticketing office at the airport to check on his waitlist status, and this triggered (??) the confirmation of the seat...
    Well, after reading this, I went yesterday to the SQ Centre in Ion Orchard. My Suite redemption was on waitlist since 1 week for a flight this coming Friday, 4 April.
    It lasted 3 minutes, I told the lady I love SQ, I love SQ Girls and that I would love to fly Suite on Friday She said she would write a note in the file about my request.
    This morning, SMS received, Suite confirmed
    Not sure if it's possible to draw a conclusion out of it but for sure, next time I'm on waitlist, I'll pay SQ a visit !

Comment

• Quite a number of premium awards go on waitlists these days and SQ is still loving their PPS best: PPS get waitlist priority on awards and you can ask SQ to review the situation (e.g. PPS coordinator or SQ Centre) and they will ask inventory management to have a look. Sometimes they can clear the award faster, sometimes it takes longer.

Comment

• Enjoy your flight, Durian! Just don't bring any durians onboard

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
          Enjoy your flight, Durian! Just don't bring any durians onboard
          Not sure this is the right place in this thread, but I can't find a better one so I'll give it a shot...
          After this successful redemption on SIN-CDG, I'll be returning to SIN through LHR on SQ319 in the new First
          319 lands in SIN at 4:20pm on a Sunday but I need to be in SYD Monday morning for work. So, if I arrive in SIN from a flight in F to transfer on a flight in Y (), what can I do in terms of lounge access ? Am I entitled to anything after the First flight ?
          [this will be 2 totally different tickets, one personal redemption and the second a company-paid one]
          Thanks !
          Last edited by Durian; 2 April 2014, 05:01 PM. Reason: error

Comment

• Yep, show your F stub and the doors will (and should, anyway) open...

Comment

• Yes I have seen a decrease in the availability of Suites Saves

MEL-SIN-LHR-SIN-MEL
              MEL-SIN-CDG-SIN-MEL
              MEL-SIN-ZUR-SIN-MEL

But then again it may just be the website playing up.....

Comment

• To be ultra-safe, when you check-in for your LHR-SIN flight, ask the staff at LHR check-in to also check you in for the subsequent SIN-SYD flight. Tell them you're on transit in SIN, albeit on 2 different PNRs. Ask them to give you a TPR lounge invitation card. I'm not sure about LHR, but in some cities (eg : NRT), the check-in staff will actually issue you a proper lounge invitation to the TPR for your subsequent SIN-SYD sector. No questions asked by the dragon lady at the TPR when you arrive in Sgp.

Originally posted by Durian View Post
                Not sure this is the right place in this thread, but I can't find a better one so I'll give it a shot...
                After this successful redemption on SIN-CDG, I'll be returning to SIN through LHR on SQ319 in the new First
                319 lands in SIN at 4:20pm on a Sunday but I need to be in SYD Monday morning for work. So, if I arrive in SIN from a flight in F to transfer on a flight in Y (), what can I do in terms of lounge access ? Am I entitled to anything after the First flight ?
                [this will be 2 totally different tickets, one personal redemption and the second a company-paid one]
                Thanks !

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                  Yes I have seen a decrease in the availability of Suites Saves

MEL-SIN-LHR-SIN-MEL
                  MEL-SIN-CDG-SIN-MEL
                  MEL-SIN-ZUR-SIN-MEL

But then again it may just be the website playing up.....
                  It has been almost like that for awhile.
                  But I believe SYD and HKG are available as well.

Comment

• March 2014

SIN-CDG
                    - only my partner and I in suites so that was awesome having the whole place to ourselves
                    - given the 2 bears as gifts
                    - crew was fantastic and took pictures of the moon for us from the cockpit
                    - tried kaya mascarpone for the first time ever and it was delicious

CDG-SIN
                    - 2 other single travellers in suites so again we got the double bed for the turn down service
                    - given the 2 bears again
                    - again great crew, knew i missed asian food so gave me a second helping for the breakfast service

suites, the only was to fly

Comment

• Originally posted by jonleong View Post
                      March 2014

SIN-CDG
                      - only my partner and I in suites so that was awesome having the whole place to ourselves
                      - given the 2 bears as gifts
                      - crew was fantastic and took pictures of the moon for us from the cockpit
                      - tried kaya mascarpone for the first time ever and it was delicious

CDG-SIN
                      - 2 other single travellers in suites so again we got the double bed for the turn down service
                      - given the 2 bears again
                      - again great crew, knew i missed asian food so gave me a second helping for the breakfast service

suites, the only was to fly
                      Jon, great that you flew R both legs. Its really tough to snag premium awards on SQ. A cursory look across European ports show that SQ indeed is very premium heavy. F/R and J class sell out faster than Y. Amazing..

Hence, am still waitlisted for the flights. I do hope to snag seats..

Comment

Jon, great that you flew R both legs. Its really tough to snag premium awards on SQ. A cursory look across European ports show that SQ indeed is very premium heavy. F/R and J class sell out faster than Y. Amazing..

Hence, am still waitlisted for the flights. I do hope to snag seats..

Wasn't easy but so long as you're not picky on specific dates, Suites Savers will be available. I didn't get choice dates so ended up flying out Monday night and flying back Thursday morning but it also meant an empty Suites cabin

Comment

Wasn't easy but so long as you're not picky on specific dates, Suites Savers will be available. I didn't get choice dates so ended up flying out Monday night and flying back Thursday morning but it also meant an empty Suites cabin
                          Was trying not to be too picky about routes. I gave up waitlisting, and called the call centre. Agent managed to find me 4 seats back! The once emtpy R cabin has 2 seats blocked now. Hoping it will stay that way - only 2. haha

Edit:
                          Didn't manage to fly the ZRHSIN segment in the end as my work schedule clashed with my intended travel. Cancelled the tickets
                          Last edited by kaysquare; 18 June 2014, 04:51 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Was trying not to be too picky about routes. I gave up waitlisting, and called the call centre. Agent managed to find me 4 seats back! The once emtpy R cabin has 2 seats blocked now. Hoping it will stay that way - only 2. haha
                            Hope it remains like this for you It was surreal with just my partner and i in Suites on the 13+ hour journey.

Something we didn't know before was that if you'd BTC but was too full to have your mains e.g. our flight was close to midnight and we had already eaten at TPR, you can tell the crew before take off that you'd like the meal for breakfast instead. They would then leave it in the chiller as if you told them after take off, they would most likely have already taken it out of the chiller and it cannot be kept back for hygiene reasons. Nothing like lobster thermidor for breakfast

Comment

• Having once done every course in the Kyo Kaiseki from SIN-MEL a few years ago and nearly exploding in the process, I attempted to do it again a year later. Despite being again on the verge of exploding, I agree, there's nothing like dinner for breakfast.

Comment

Hope it remains like this for you It was surreal with just my partner and i in Suites on the 13+ hour journey.

Something we didn't know before was that if you'd BTC but was too full to have your mains e.g. our flight was close to midnight and we had already eaten at TPR, you can tell the crew before take off that you'd like the meal for breakfast instead. They would then leave it in the chiller as if you told them after take off, they would most likely have already taken it out of the chiller and it cannot be kept back for hygiene reasons. Nothing like lobster thermidor for breakfast
                                No BTC on that sector unfortunately.. I won't be in R on though.. J is fine for me.

It was amazing that the agent found immediate availability for 2xR + 2xJ savers. I nearly choked when he said "Mr kaysquare, I found 4 seats for you."

Comment

Working...
                                X