First Class Saver: Post your successful redemption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
    That means you are allowed one-stopover at SIN for a one-way ticket?

Hmm...I thought one-stopover is only allowed for a return trip as indicated in this site: http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/pp...les_moreinfo/?
    Ah yes. Its one-stopover free for a return trip base in SQ rule. For myself i need to pay 100usd for a stopover in SIN. It seems to be that practise for as long as i remember....maybe some old birds can chip in on that....

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
      Ah yes. Its one-stopover free for a return trip base in SQ rule. For myself i need to pay 100usd for a stopover in SIN. It seems to be that practise for as long as i remember....maybe some old birds can chip in on that....
      Oh....pardon me. I didn't know about the 100 USD stopover fee thingy for a one-way ticket But that means you have to book the stop-over through the hotline? How long is the maximum days allowed for the stopover?

Comment

• Snagged 2x Suites Savers One-Way for family from LHR-SIN next Monday on SQ321

Comment

• MEL-SIN(stop)-JFK

SQ228
          SQ026

2 pax saver level in Dec.

First time in any kind of F. Lady and I are very excited!

Comment

• 2x Suites Savers SIN-AKL-SIN in November

Comment

• Originally posted by YK@HKG View Post
              Oh....pardon me. I didn't know about the 100 USD stopover fee thingy for a one-way ticket But that means you have to book the stop-over through the hotline? How long is the maximum days allowed for the stopover?
              Yes, it can only be done through the hotline and they do honor the 15% discount by the way. Max days allowed i am not too sure on that, could be either 6 mths to 1 year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQ_0303 View Post
                Yes, it can only be done through the hotline and they do honor the 15% discount by the way. Max days allowed i am not too sure on that, could be either 6 mths to 1 year.
                Max duration of stopover you mean? Usually it is 1 month maximum though I know some TPPs who managed to get the rule bend a bit, but definitely not 6 months or 1 year. Sorry not happening on SQ.

Comment

• The stop-over is only limited by the ticket validity. You can stop over as long as you want within that.

I have booked various tickets with stop-overs of all kind of length for one-way tickets.

No bending the rules needed.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                    The stop-over is only limited by the ticket validity. You can stop over as long as you want within that.

I have booked various tickets with stop-overs of all kind of length for one-way tickets.

No bending the rules needed.
                    Hmm, maybe you got some lil secret there, but I have not been as successful as you in that regard. For starters, if you book your stopover online (e.g. For a RT) it will not allow a stop longer than 1 month as far as I recall.

If the case of paying 100$ (usually for including a stopover in a non-eligible one way redemption) means one can "outmaneuver" that restriction than I would gladly go that route. However, I don't seem to have been as successful on that front as your experience shows.
                    Last edited by demue; 21 May 2015, 03:09 PM.

Comment

• 2x Suites Savers for SIN-NRT on SQ12 in December

Comment

• Originally posted by demue View Post
                        Hmm, maybe you got some lil secret there, but I have not been as successful as you in that regard. For starters, if you book your stopover online (e.g. For a RT) it will not allow a stop longer than 1 month as far as I recall.

If the case of paying 100$ (usually for including a stopover in a non-eligible one way redemption) means one can "outmaneuver" that restriction than I would gladly go that route. However, I don't seem to have been as successful on that front as your experience shows.
                        And you really want me to share my secret in public? Where everyone can read it? Okay, you are a trusted SQTalker: My secret is called "The Phone".

You can call the Call Center and just book it over the phone and let them know that you are not able to book this online. They will honour the 15% discount and you get the flights you want (if available).

As we all know, the quality of the Call Center is sometimes very questionable and to save time I usually book the ticket online with no stop-over and issue the ticket with the discount online and then just call the Call Center to postpone the second leg to a later point in time.

With availability in general being more scarce these days and flights often only available on waitlist, I might go back to calling them straightaway and give the agents some free tutorials ;-)

Comment

• Suites saver JFK - FRA - SIN (SQ25) SIN - SYD (SQ221)

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                            And you really want me to share my secret in public? Where everyone can read it? Okay, you are a trusted SQTalker: My secret is called "The Phone".

You can call the Call Center and just book it over the phone and let them know that you are not able to book this online. They will honour the 15% discount and you get the flights you want (if available).

As we all know, the quality of the Call Center is sometimes very questionable and to save time I usually book the ticket online with no stop-over and issue the ticket with the discount online and then just call the Call Center to postpone the second leg to a later point in time.

With availability in general being more scarce these days and flights often only available on waitlist, I might go back to calling them straightaway and give the agents some free tutorials ;-)
                            Phone? What's that? Ohh that thing that rings and that you talk into ... people still use that? Okay, fair enough, so the good old HUACA routine if results are not as expected. Alright then, I shall give it a try next time after the desired itinerary is locked in online at 15% off. Danke

Comment

• Originally posted by SDC View Post
                              Suites saver JFK - FRA - SIN (SQ25) SIN - SYD (SQ221)
                              Well doesn't get much better than this routing when it comes to the full Suites experience.

Comment

• First/Suites Saver MNL - SIN - NRT - LAX
                                Total Miles: 107500 (91375 miles at less 15%)
                                Total Payment: USD 63.98

Just have to endure long layover at SIN for 15hrs 30mins...
                                but overall, a really unbelievable and ridiculous value!

Comment

Working...
                                X