New KF redemption rates after 1 March 2012

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
    Compared to 37,500 miles and £ 255 each way with Diamond Club.
    God I'm going to miss it.
    My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      The only reductions are economy redemptions to South Asia, Oz/NZ and Africa/Turkey/ME.
      Indeed, they widen the gap between economy and business which is more reflective of their true values. About 2-3 times more miles required.

I find the business class rates are pushed rather too close to first class rates. Out of SIN, Aussie and Europe 2 are way overpriced.
      But to Sao Paulo and Houston in F.

Now looking forward to see how many seats are actually released and hopefully not at the last minute only.

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
        It's not over yet. They have a 20% promotion for buying miles till March 15. Tickets will be valid for up to 12 months.

I will use my KF miles in 2013 ;-)

Comment

• Originally posted by sqdazz View Post
          Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
          It's not over yet. They have a 20% promotion for buying miles till March 15. Tickets will be valid for up to 12 months.

I will use my KF miles in 2013 ;-)
          and

Comment

• Originally posted by SQflyergirl View Post
            and

Yeah im planning a topup during this promo and book a ticket somewhere, maybe Europe as I need to be there end of May. I thought I had my last hurrah going to Japan in F last month but I think there is time for one more. sorry for offtopic
            My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

• Used my last 150K BD miles plus some cash to redeem for 2 pax in C on SIN-USA and USA-SIN at the end of 2012 / early 2013. Both longhaul sectors to/ from USA are on SQ. The domestic USA sectors are also in C (well UA domestic 'horrid' F) as those flights got C inventory as an onward connecting flight from int'l UA longhaul. Happy camper. Yes I shall miss BD.

The new KF table costing 160K RT for C saver on SE Asia to Europe 2 is bothering me somewhat. That's a hefty increase when compared ot the previous option of getting a *A award for 110K on these routes.

Comment

• Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
                Tickets will be valid for up to 12 months.
                Keep in mind that (based on my experiences with defunct FFPs) after the party's over, changes (aside from redeposits) will not be honored.
                HUGE AL

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                  Keep in mind that (based on my experiences with defunct FFPs) after the party's over, changes (aside from redeposits) will not be honored.
                  Question is: what happens to the redeposits? Rolled over to BA? Otherwise cancel and book is replacing change.

Comment

• Originally posted by HUGE AL View Post
                    I'd better re-read my travel insurance policy about what happens for redemptions booked on a carrier that gets taken over... if say, it was a redemption on BD, and if I was halfway on a holiday in between two one-way redemptions. Hope they'd cover the cost to get me back

Comment

• Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                      I'd better re-read my travel insurance policy about what happens for redemptions booked on a carrier that gets taken over... if say, it was a redemption on BD, and if I was halfway on a holiday in between two one-way redemptions. Hope they'd cover the cost to get me back
                      Tickets issued remain valid. No need to panic...

Comment

• I called SQ up earlier today. Basically this is the gist;

1: ALL issued tickets will continue to be honoured (expected)

2: ALL issued tickets will continue to have flexibility. SAVER can change to SAVER. No Miles Topup required

What this mean is simple. Do ANY booking you want now. If you are looking to plan a flight where 77W / A380 flies together with 773 / A333, book the A333 now and try for a plane swap come Mar 1st.
                        Life's A Bitch,
                        Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• Originally posted by inix View Post
                          I called SQ up earlier today. Basically this is the gist;

1: ALL issued tickets will continue to be honoured (expected)

2: ALL issued tickets will continue to have flexibility. SAVER can change to SAVER. No Miles Topup required

What this mean is simple. Do ANY booking you want now. If you are looking to plan a flight where 77W / A380 flies together with 773 / A333, book the A333 now and try for a plane swap come Mar 1st.
                          Thank you!

Just booked a couple of one-way awards between SIN and AMS in First Class:

70125 miles each...

If AMS moves into the same zone with Europe 2 I might even be able to switch the flights online to other cities without a different pricing...

Comment

Thank you!

Just booked a couple of one-way awards between SIN and AMS in First Class:

70125 miles each...

If AMS moves into the same zone with Europe 2 I might even be able to switch the flights online to other cities without a different pricing...
                            Err.. I need to clarify that this does not apply to change of city.... The booking location must stay the same.....
                            Life's A Bitch,
                            Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• Originally posted by inix View Post
                              Err.. I need to clarify that this does not apply to change of city.... The booking location must stay the same.....
                              Yes, you are right. Change of city means revalidation. Happy with AMS and 70.125 miles though :-)

Comment

Question is: what happens to the redeposits? Rolled over to BA? Otherwise cancel and book is replacing change.
                                That little detail falls in the grey area. Stay tuned...

Originally posted by Kyo View Post
                                IIRC, travel insurance can only be invoked in extreme circumstances...and even then, you will need strong proof. Adding the whole redemption thing into the mix complicates matters further. Good to have on those once-of-a-lifetime trips, but otherwise, I pass.
                                HUGE AL

Comment

Working...
                                X