Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does it affect existing booking?

Hi,

I have an existing booking in June from MEL-SIN in J Saver, and I need to bring forward the trip to May 2012.

If I make my changes after March, do I need to top up the difference of KF miles? My intention to change the flight only after March is also to get the J on A380.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
      Hi,

I have an existing booking in June from MEL-SIN in J Saver, and I need to bring forward the trip to May 2012.

If I make my changes after March, do I need to top up the difference of KF miles? My intention to change the flight only after March is also to get the J on A380.

Thanks.
      Nobody knows for sure yet.
      But I think they will especially if this is the first sector that you are changing. Just like a commercial booking, changes to the first sector involve re-pricing which means they will recalculate the miles and taxes.

Of course, you can always fight for it. And normally they relent. They have been quite flexible with me.

Comment

Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
        Nobody knows for sure yet.
        But I think they will especially if this is the first sector that you are changing. Just like a commercial booking, changes to the first sector involve re-pricing which means they will recalculate the miles and taxes.
        Hmm. But the redemption involves a 1-way 1-sector ticket.

Should I change my flight to one that is on my desired date first, then attempt to change to a A380 flight again during March? But for redemption made online,
        there is no limit as to the number of times I can change the ticket right?

Comment

Originally posted by slacker View Post
          Hmm. But the redemption involves a 1-way 1-sector ticket.

Should I change my flight to one that is on my desired date first, then attempt to change to a A380 flight again during March? But for redemption made online,
          there is no limit as to the number of times I can change the ticket right?
          We don't know what will happen after March. They may or may not insist on topping up. Savers may or may not actually be released on A380 or 77W. They may release these savers only 1 week before the flight. These are some of the things that marketing does not reveal. They only say savers will be released but not when they will be released and on which flights and how many on each flight.

To be safe, if I were you, I would first change to the desired date of travel which for now for sure will not require additional miles. Beware that the revised chart inflate MEL by 10k per sector which is almost 25% more.

If you can change to the A380 later after March without topping up, then it's a bonus (I am sure you need to fight for this one). If you still have to top up 25%, I think it is still fair enough. If you have to keep to the new regional seats, I think it is still fair as long as you don't top up.

Comment

I expected them to raise mileage redemption levels and using this opportunity makes sense as they are extending a real new benefit. However, the increases to Europe 2 are a bit hefty in my book. Saver awards increase by 50K which seems somewhat drastic.

So given that SQ C & F savers will be made available to KF members should mean that these seats will also be bookable by more *A FFPs (other then just LH & BD at the moment) so as usual it makes sense to credit ones flying to programs with lower redemption rates than KF. Even LH M&M charges "only" 135K mls for SE Asia to Europe RT in C and you can get the same SQ flights.

Comment

J savers on the 77W/A380 is sensational!

255,000 for MEL-ZUR return in J is pretty good!

I hope they are not always "waitlisted" though...............

Comment

Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post

Compared to 37,500 miles and £ 255 each way with Diamond Club.

Comment

Revision of KrisFlyer Redemption Charts and Extension of Saver Award

Frequently Asked Questions

Q: Can I redeem Saver Award for Singapore Airlines Suites?
                  A: No. Saver Award are currently not available for Singapore Airlines Suites. To redeem for the Singapore Airlines Suites, please contact KrisFlyer Membership Services.

Q: When can I redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER?
                  A: Starting 8 March 2012 for flights departing 1 April 2012 onwards.

Q: Can I redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER if my departure date is before 1 April 2012?
                  A: No. If you are travelling before 1 April 2012, you need to redeem Standard and Full Awards for First and Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER.

Q: Can I redeem round-trip Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER if my departure date is before 1 April 2012 and my return date is on or after 1 April 2012?
                  A: You may redeem the round-trip journey as two separate one-way Saver Award. By doing so, you can redeem Saver Award for First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER for your return flight.

Q: If I have already redeemed Standard or Full Awards in First or Business Class on the A380, A340-500 and B777-300ER before the change, will I be automatically rebooked for Saver Award and be refunded the difference in miles?
                  A: You may cancel and refund your Standard or Full Awards redemption, and rebook as Saver Award. Existing refund fees will apply.

Q: What is the validity of the Saver Award?
                  A: The validity of Saver Award remains unchanged at 6 months.

Q: How many complimentary stopovers am I entitled to when I redeem one-way or round-trip Saver Award?
                  A: The existing complimentary stopover entitlement remains unchanged as shown below.

Comment

http://www.sqtalk.com/forum/showpost...9&postcount=62
                    HUGE AL

Comment

• Not sure if anyone noticed but upgrading on SQ metal is now actually more expensive in some locations than flying on full redemption. Not sure if this is a mistake, but if it is not, than SQ has certainly really gone crazy.
                      Life's A Bitch,
                      Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• A welcome (and frankly much overdue) change - LAX: 138,000 in J; LHR: 138,000 in J - a cut of close to 50%! Of course, these rates are still higher than redeeming on *A partners, which I believe are 120,000 miles roundtrip to both of the aforementioned destinations, but nonetheless, those who swear by SQ (i.e. my dad) aren't being robbed (as much) in broad daylight anymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ek&sq View Post
                          A welcome (and frankly much overdue) change - LAX: 138,000 in J; LHR: 138,000 in J - a cut of close to 50%! Of course, these rates are still higher than redeeming on *A partners, which I believe are 120,000 miles roundtrip to both of the aforementioned destinations, but nonetheless, those who swear by SQ (i.e. my dad) aren't being robbed (as much) in broad daylight anymore.
                          Under the new scheme, *A partners will also be increased. Flying J to LHR / CDG will now cost 160K miles with no discount.

While I'm happy for J SAVERS in A380, 345 and 77W, I'm more than a little peeved by the upgrading piece. And the funny thing is this. Flying and upgrading on *A is actually cheaper!
                          Life's A Bitch,
                          Love It

If GOD created me for only 1 reason. That reason would be to the love of my wife. If there was any other reasons involved, that would be for the love of Singapore Airlines

Flown with me? - http://my.flightmemory.com/inix

Comment

• So does this mean our final month of Diamond Club will see redemptions available in F?
                            HUGE AL

Comment

• The only reductions are economy redemptions to South Asia, Oz/NZ and Africa/Turkey/ME.

Looks like it is time to redeem tickets to Maldives!
                              My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

• Originally posted by FlyBoy View Post
                                J savers on the 77W/A380 is sensational!

I hope they are not always "waitlisted" though...............
                                Where did 255K come from?

Looking at the table MEL -ZUR is 95K in J each way. Then deduct 15% if you book on-line ( = 161.5 K in J return).

Comment

Working...
                                X