Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Except for reissuing a partially-used RTW, I'm all ticketed for my TTP run. I'm ticketed for 74 sectors, which is just a little bit more than what I need. I have a board meeting and a speaking engagement along the way, I'm still waitlisted for several flights, and I don't have a lot of dead time built into the schedule, so this could all go very, very wrong. Do the gods love me?

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperJonJon View Post
      Don't the person closest to the date get the krug still?
      Nope. After all, the terms and conditions are at my discretion. And I am glad that someone who knows my account so well is not entering the game!

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
      A little dickie bird in your local area told me that they were hoping to take you out for a celebratory dinner, but they hadn't heard from you since you finished the run....
      I have declined the offer because I don't want to jinx it. Still missing those 70.5 sectors. Of course, I would love to have the celebratory dinner with them on 7/7/07.

Originally posted by zvezda View Post
      Except for reissuing a partially-used RTW, I'm all ticketed for my TTP run. I'm ticketed for 74 sectors, which is just a little bit more than what I need. I have a board meeting and a speaking engagement along the way, I'm still waitlisted for several flights, and I don't have a lot of dead time built into the schedule, so this could all go very, very wrong. Do the gods love me?
      Good luck!
      I am sure your sectors would be posted quickly like all other flyers here. I notice that I am the only one who has problem with the posting.
      And again, in scheduling, just make sure you have enough connecting time, and don't push it to very minimal.

Comment

• Originally posted by CGK View Post
        And again, in scheduling, just make sure you have enough connecting time, and don't push it to very minimal.
        I have ample connecting time. What worries me is the waitlists. I have paper tickets on SQ stock, so hopefully SQ will find a way to reroute me if they don't put me on their flight. If they put me on someone else's flight, I'll need to make up some sectors at the end. If they make me wait for the next SQ flight, then I'm screwed.

Comment

• I see... the waiting lists game! During my run looked like my waitlist cleared up near the departure. I remember one flight that cleared 1 hour prior to departure. Yeah, no check-in bag was a big help that day.

Comment

I see... the waiting lists game! During my run looked like my waitlist cleared up near the departure. I remember one flight that cleared 1 hour prior to departure. Yeah, no check-in bag was a big help that day.
            Of course, I won't have a checked bag. However, I don't have your TPP status either.

Comment

• I guess it depends which airport you were waitlisted. Last time my SQ15 ICN-SIN was not clear. The station manager gave the last seat to ex-ICN QPP flyer, eventhough I have a higher status than him. (I was on connecting flight, and checked-in at the transfer desk more than 2 hours prior to the flight)

Comment

I guess it depends which airport you were waitlisted. Last time my SQ15 ICN-SIN was not clear. The station manager gave the last seat to ex-ICN QPP flyer, eventhough I have a higher status than him. (I was on connecting flight, and checked-in at the transfer desk more than 2 hours prior to the flight)
                Maybe he had a higher fare class? E.g. C beats D.

Comment

• Originally posted by zvezda View Post
                  Maybe he had a higher fare class? E.g. C beats D.
                  I had two different tix. One was C fare base which was confirmed. And one was F fare base which was waitlisted. Prior to my departure from North America, SQ knows that there was one seat opened in F, and SQ sent telex to ICN since the check-in had been taken over by the airport.

Comment

• A half good news

Just checked my account, and I see:

Cumulative PPS Sectors 964.5

And soon enough, I got an e-mail:

Dear Mr CGK

Thank you for submitting your retroactive mileage requests.

We are happy to inform you that the following flights have been credited to your KrisFlyer account - xxxxxxxxxx.

Date of travel Flight Number Flight Sector
                    13-May-2007 SQ466 SIN->CMB
                    22-May-2007 SQ15 SFO->ICN
                    23-May-2007 SQ15 ICN->SIN
                    24-May-2007 SQ16 SIN->ICN
                    24-May-2007 SQ15 ICN->SIN
                    25-May-2007 SQ956 SIN->CGK
                    25-May-2007 SQ957 CGK->SIN
                    26-May-2007 SQ976 SIN->BKK
                    27-May-2007 SQ967 CGK->SIN
                    28-May-2007 SQ16 SIN->ICN
                    28-May-2007 SQ18 ICN->YVR
                    31-May-2007 SQ15 ICN->SIN
                    01-Jun-2007 SQ960 SIN->CGK
                    01-Jun-2007 SQ961 CGK->SIN

We are still reviewing the following flight requests, but please rest assured that we will get back to you again as soon as possible.

Date of travel Flight Number Flight Sector
                    27-May-2007 SQ966 SIN->CGK

If you have any questions, please do give us a call and we would be happy to assist you in any way we can.
                    For the contact numbers which are the most convenient to you, please do visit www.krisflyer.com.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely,
                    KrisFlyer Membership Services.

Comment

Just checked my account, and I see:

Cumulative PPS Sectors 964.5

And soon enough, I got an e-mail:
                      So, you're now about 1 sector short?

One of my waitlists cleared today. Now I have four left, only three of which can screw me up.

Comment

• Finally

Today, Wednesday, 27 June 2007 3:30pm Vancouver time, or Thursday, 28 June 2007 6:30am, finally, my account shows like this:

My Account Balance

Statement Date 28 Jun 2007
                        Current Tier Life PPS
                        Redeemable KrisFlyer Miles
                        Current Balance xx miles

Solitaire PPS Club
                        Current PPS Miles 0
                        Current PPS Sectors 0.0
                        Cumulative PPS Miles 1483713
                        Cumulative PPS Sectors 1002.0
                        Current PPS Value S$ 0
                        Yes, I am officially a Life PPS now.
                        That is a happy note today after struggling with the realization that exactly today a year ago, I had to let go my precious puppy dog who was the love of my life.
                        Now, I am really speechless. This morning I did ask SQ YVR to make sure my status changes before the end of the day. Thus, I could cherish the day 27th of June, being the sad and happy in the same day.

A really big for SQ YVR who takes care of me very well. Special thank you to DeltaFlyingProf who helped me maximizing sectors run as well as the most miles earned.
                        Special thank you for all SQTalk Founders. It is really home here.
                        Not to forget, big hugs and kisses for cawhite, jjpb3, peter11, StarG, and SQflyergirl who took their time for the past year making sure I am standing up again after crashing with personal problems. You are all true friends in life.

Of course, I should thank everyone whom I met during the run, or flying together. Apology if I missed a few. SQFAN, upright man, nickbot & mrs nickbot, MAN Flyer, Ceri, UMD, simong, MegatopLover, milehighj, SuperJonJon, ws8n, sailaway, BON, Mr. I. And those lonely times at Changi would be gone due to a great company, Jubilee777, who .
                        Rob, thank you for encouragement doing the LPP run.

Almost forgot, thank you for the preview of god-like-treatment by all SKL staff at Changi. I will miss you all ... SKL would not be the same without you guys! And, the check-in guys and gals, especially Ms L who had to endure my constant problems with my itineraries...

Again, thank you MAN Flyer & Ceri for having pre-celebration in BKK. And I do appreciate the company of DeltaFlyingProf and cawhite on the qualifying flight SQ26 FRA-JFK. A very special appreciation for nickbot who came down to FRA to accompany me camping at FRA overnight.

Lastly, thank you ALL for the supports.
                        Hope to see you all on board SQ soon.
                        Happy flying!

CGK

Comment

• Congratulations CGK!

Comment

Today, Wednesday, 27 June 2007 3:30pm Vancouver time, or Thursday, 28 June 2007 6:30am, finally, my account shows like this:

Yes, I am officially a Life PPS now.
                            That is a happy note today after struggling with the realization that exactly today a year ago, I had to let go my precious puppy dog who was the love of my life.
                            Now, I am really speechless. This morning I did ask SQ YVR to make sure my status changes before the end of the day. Thus, I could cherish the day 27th of June, being the sad and happy in the same day.

A really big for SQ YVR who takes care of me very well. Special thank you to DeltaFlyingProf who helped me maximizing sectors run as well as the most miles earned.
                            Special thank you for all SQTalk Founders. It is really home here.
                            Not to forget, big hugs and kisses for cawhite, jjpb3, peter11, StarG, and SQflyergirl who took their time for the past year making sure I am standing up again after crashing with personal problems. You are all true friends in life.

Of course, I should thank everyone whom I met during the run, or flying together. Apology if I missed a few. SQFAN, upright man, nickbot & mrs nickbot, MAN Flyer, Ceri, UMD, simong, MegatopLover, milehighj, SuperJonJon, ws8n, sailaway, BON, Mr. I. And those lonely times at Changi would be gone due to a great company, Jubilee777, who .
                            Rob, thank you for encouragement doing the LPP run.

Almost forgot, thank you for the preview of god-like-treatment by all SKL staff at Changi. I will miss you all ... SKL would not be the same without you guys! And, the check-in guys and gals, especially Ms L who had to endure my constant problems with my itineraries...

Again, thank you MAN Flyer & Ceri for having pre-celebration in BKK. And I do appreciate the company of DeltaFlyingProf and cawhite on the qualifying flight SQ26 FRA-JFK. A very special appreciation for nickbot who came down to FRA to accompany me camping at FRA overnight.

Lastly, thank you ALL for the supports.
                            Hope to see you all on board SQ soon.
                            Happy flying!

CGK
                            biggest congrats! the run has officially come to an end...but the party is just beginning!

Comment

• Well done, CGK!

Comment

• Glad you got where you wanted to be after Many years of Flying. What is the next challenge?

Comment

Working...
                                X