Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BREAKING NEWS: CGK to go on the run of a lifetime!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FRA 10Jun 2007 Evening and Overnight

We landed at Gate B48 in FRA. Was greeted by nickbot. The what's going on while in FRA had been reported by nickbot several posts prior to this. Thanks again!

But here are some pictures what's going on. The cake on board was seen being served at LH SEN lounge. And after sleeping in the enhanced skysuite, I slept on the z chair like while nickbot had been prepared to camp at FRA with his need-to-blow bed.

Of course, SQTalk tag was seen at FRA.

Now, which bed would you like to have?

It was an irony to have to sleep spartanly at FRA. But since I don't have any Schengen visa, this was the best I could do. And iin fact it brought the memory how I did travel in Europe 20 ore more years ago, i.e. backpacking.

We woke up early the next morning. Meeting with cawhite at UA RCC. Yes, a reminder, you have to go through security to transfer from Terminal B to Terminal C. And the rest of the story had been reported by nickbot.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQFAN View Post
      Indeed, that cheesecake was what caught my eye. Looked delicious.

BTW, DFP, how come you always looked knackered? Too much of something?
      How could it be too much?

Comment

• Originally posted by nickbot View Post
        ...Sat at my desk, feeling rather tired, but thinking what an awesome escapade that was - can't wait to see pics from the flight,...come on CGK/DFP/Cawhite
        It was a fantastic flight! CGK & DFP took many more photos on board than I did - can't wait to see them. CGK & DFP also took me on my first-ever tour of Y on a 747.

Originally posted by CGK
        ...And, aound 1pm, I had to run to Gate E20. Well, the flyer that supposed to be at SKL did not show up, but went straight to the plane. My SQ Angel called the Gate, and asked this flyer to disembark to meet me. (Is this part of "God-like-treatment"? ) Went to meet for a very short time, and I had to run back to SKL. Packed quickly, and the buggy ride had waited for us at the end of the escalator. Yeah, it's DFP's first time ever driven on the buggy to the gate. Thank you!
        I understand the pax just about passed out in the F suite when being pulled off the plane!

That cake looks really wonderful! The cakes served on SQ26 yesterday were also amazing! I really have to fly SQ on my birthday again next year (my "birthday flight" this year was a bit too humbling )!
        Last edited by cawhite; 13 June 2007, 09:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DeltaFlyingProf View Post
          How could it be too much?
          Too much for this flying? http://tinyurl.com/2lkq94

Since March 31, 2007, all the SQ flights I have taken covered about 186,540 miles and 185.5 sectors earned. In March 31, 2007, I only have 816.5 PPS cumulative sectors.

Comment

• Originally posted by cawhite View Post
            It was a fantastic flight! CGK & DFP took many more photos on board than I did - can't wait to see them. CGK & DFP also took me on my first-ever tour of Y on a 747.
            Be patient, sweetie. A slow time to upload all the pictures. He he he... and have to decide which ones should not be published, such as the sleeping beauties.

Originally posted by cawhite View Post
            I understand the pax just about passed out in the F suite when being pulled off the plane!

That cake looks really wonderful! The cakes served on SQ26 yesterday were also amazing! I really have to fly SQ on my birthday again next year (my "birthday flight" this year was a bit too humbling )!

I did not know that!
            I just told my SQ Angels that I did need to pass a special package to the flyer urgently. And it would be give SQ brownie points for the future.

Yes, I am looking forward to a birthday bash of yours in 2008. Let me know which route you will take in SQ F!

Comment

• Congratulations to you CGK ..........how do you folks keep so slim with all that Krug and caviar ?

Comment

• i love the pics cgk! thanks so much for sharing with everyone your special day (and dfp's special day too!). Congrats!

Comment

• Originally posted by QSG View Post
                  Congratulations to you CGK ..........how do you folks keep so slim with all that Krug and caviar ?
                  Who says I am slim? It's all photoshopped! If I am slim, I have an S.O. by now.

Comment

• Congrats again on reaching LPP, CGK !
                    Keep those photos coming !

And wonderful report and pics, Nickbot !
                    Going to FRA to spend the night and recording all this is really
                    amazing of you !
                    J. my own dear wife J.

Comment

• Glad you had such an awesome time on your run, CGK! Someday you ought to write a book about it.

Awesome pics too!
                      All opinions shared are my own, and are not necessarily those of my employer or any other organisation of which I'm affiliated to.

Comment

• SQ26 FRA-JFK 11JUN

After miscommunication with DFP where to meet, we all caught up with him outside the UA IFL where all SQ F pax invited.
                        We asked one of the airport guy to take our pictures: DFP, me, cawhite, and nickbot. And yes, I was travelling heavily as usual.

Rekindling his first SQ Raffles Class from March 2006, DFP tried seat 22A.

Looks like a better experience this time. Great companies, or too much Krug?

Comment

• My Dearest Cawhite, DFP, and me!

Can not resist the temptation to sit on the stairs up to the upper-deck

I think about this time the F cabin crew missing us so much.

Comment

• Thank You for the Wonderful Card from Nickbot

Before we left FRA, nickbot handed me a card to be opened when I passed 1/3 of the time to New York. Reasoning: 3 PPS sectors for FRA-JFK in F, and I needed only 1 sector to get LPP. But this was argued by DFP on board discussion. Since SIN-CGK earned 1.5 PPS sectors for 550 miles only, he asked me to do it earlier. But to keep my promise to nickbot, we decided to do it after the breakfast served, and after we had our own party at the C class seat 22AC.

Comment

• i think SQ officially loves you now! great pics too!

Comment

• Originally posted by taipeiflyer View Post
                                i think SQ officially loves you now! great pics too!
                                Actually once I boarded the plane, I told cawhite that there was no chemistry between me and the crew. Well, when you fly, you know exactly whether there is a 'click' between the crew and me.

Comment

Working...
                                X