Comment

Merged with original thread.

Comment

According to singaporeair.com.sg
        ——————————

JAPAN FLIGHTS

17 March 2011

Updated 0930hrs (Singapore time)

Singapore Airlines is closely monitoring developments in Japan.

At this point, all Singapore Airlines flights to and from Japan are operating. We are abiding by directives and advisories issued by regulatory bodies, and should the need arise, changes will be effected. Customers are advised to check our website regularly for updates.

With effect from 17 March 2011 through 22 March 2011, flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita will make an additional stop at Osaka Kansai airport. This is to ensure that our crew have sufficient rest, as aftershocks are still being experienced in Tokyo.

The flight details and timings are as follows:

SQ12 will depart Singapore at 0945hrs, arriving in Narita at 1720hrs. It will depart Narita at 1830hrs, arriving in Osaka at 1940hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2040hrs, arriving in Los Angeles at 1400hrs.

SQ11 will depart Los Angeles at 1545hrs, arriving in Narita at 1925hrs the following day. It will depart Narita at 2025hrs, arriving in Osaka at 2135hrs. It will then depart Osaka at 2235hrs, arriving in Singapore at 0435hrs the following day.

Between 16 March 2011 and 22 March 2011, the departure time for flight SQ638 from Singapore to Tokyo Narita will be changed from 2355hrs to 0300hrs (the following day), arriving in Narita at 1035hrs.

There is no change to the departure time for flight SQ637 from Tokyo Narita to Singapore. There is also no change to the departure times for flights between Singapore and Tokyo Haneda.

In addition, Singapore Airlines is postponing the introduction of Airbus A380 services on flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita until further notice. The flights will continue to be operated with Boeing 747-400 aircraft.

Singapore Airlines will waive administrative fees for refund, re-booking or re-routing for customers holding confirmed tickets issued on or before 11 March 2011, for travel to and from all cities in Japan from 11 March to 10 April 2011, both dates inclusive. This also applies to KrisFlyer redemption tickets.

For the contact information of Singapore Airlines offices around the world, click http://www.singaporeair.com/saa/en_U...fo/contact.jsp.

For information from the Singapore Government on the situation in Japan, please click: http://www.gov.sg/government/web/con...apores+Efforts.

——————————

SQ's A380 to LAX via NRT starting summer '11 is postponed indefinitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Fryderyk HPH View Post
          SQ's A380 to LAX via NRT starting summer '11 is postponed indefinitely.
          This is expected as AF and LH also moved the A380s out of Japan at the moment.

I think the A380 would go back to Australia, and once the Koito seats are ready(Where is Koito in Japan??) but NRT is not ready, SQ may put the new A380s to another route

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
            This is expected as AF and LH also moved the A380s out of Japan at the moment.

I think the A380 would go back to Australia, and once the Koito seats are ready(Where is Koito in Japan??) but NRT is not ready, SQ may put the new A380s to another route
            The A380 to LAX via NRT on 27th March 2011 ads are still on the SQ webby.
            Hope they take it down real soon...

Comment

Hmmm, my SQ12 in Aug is showing a 77W. It looks like it's 744 up to 15 Apr and 77W from 16 Apr onwards.

Comment

Yup, mine is showing 77W. Can SQ at least change the times to make the arrival in Singapore bearable?

Comment

I wonder where will SQ deploy the additional A388s?

Comment

And 744s? Wish they'd deploy A380/744 to SFO but 77W seems to be all good on this route. I really seem to like them in SFO. Capacity doesnt matter but efficiency and range do. Best to see 77W IMO. The fact tht I was speculating A388/744 mix was because they have enough 77Ws at this time and they'd have to pull it out of the following routes:

SFO (2 77W, hope not i love seeing them here)
                    DEL
                    SYD
                    FRA (326/5)
                    LHR (308/319)
                    BCN (going to be 2 77Ws)
                    HKG (not the one continuing to SFO)
                    MEL
                    AKL
                    HND (2 daily 77W just like SFO/BCN)

Its a guess but i want 77W to be in SFO. Its a great jet SQ has offered

Comment

March 17, 2011

Singapore Airlines 777-300ER replace A380 to Los Angeles in S11
                      2nd update 0729GMT 17MAR11 (First update was 0429GMT)

Singapore Airlines has announced the postponement of Airbus A380 service on Daily Singapore – Tokyo Narita – Los Angeles route, which is due to begin from 27MAR11, replacing Boeing 747-400. From 27MAR11 to 15APR11, service operates with Boeing 747-400. From 16APR11 onwards, Boeing 777-300ER operates the service.

The postponement is a result of Earthquake in Japan, and the Star Alliance carrier did not mention the new date of A380 service in the statement. Revised schedule:

SQ012 SIN0925 – 1730NRT1915 – 1330LAX 77W D
                      SQ011 LAX1545 – 1915+1NRT2050+1 – 0310+2SIN 77W D

http://airlineroute.net/2011/03/17/sq-380-laxupdate/

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
                        Yup, mine is showing 77W. Can SQ at least change the times to make the arrival in Singapore bearable?
                        27MAR11 - 15APR11: 747-400
                        16APR11 onward: 777-300ER

Also, SQ221/212 SIN SYD 747-400 operation extended, now operates 02APR11 to 07MAY11
                        Airline Route | twitter

Comment

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...116882/1/.html

"From Thursday to March 22, flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita will make an additional stop at Osaka Kansai airport, about 400km southwest of Tokyo, as aftershocks are still being experienced in Tokyo.

SIA said this is to ensure the crew have sufficient rest"

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                            http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stori...116882/1/.html

"From Thursday to March 22, flights SQ12 and SQ11 between Singapore and Los Angeles via Tokyo Narita will make an additional stop at Osaka Kansai airport, about 400km southwest of Tokyo, as aftershocks are still being experienced in Tokyo.

SIA said this is to ensure the crew have sufficient rest"
                            Techincal stop? For what? Dont the crew disembark at NRT to rest?

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
                              Techincal stop? For what? Dont the crew disembark at NRT to rest?
                              I guess for next week, crew will rest at Osaka instead of Narita.

And SQ 638 for the next 1 week will be retimed to depart at 3am & land into Narita at 1030am, anyone knows the reason ?

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                                And SQ 638 for the next 1 week will be retimed to depart at 3am & land into Narita at 1030am, anyone knows the reason ?
                                My guess, to turn the aircraft around ASAP and get it back to SIN. SQ637 departs @ 1130 as per normal. So keep the plane there for 1 hour rather than the usual 3h40m

Comment

Working...
                                X