X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
    Has this been officially announced? I can't wait to see the A380 to LAX ad
    Not officially announced yet by SQ.

No more First Class Savers redemption to NRT & LAX.

Business Class Savers to NRT still exist due to 638/637 being an A330
    Last edited by feb01mel; 4 December 2010, 02:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by feb01mel View Post

Business Class Savers still exist due to 638/637 being an A330
      But you can't get Business Saver to/from LAX anymore can you ?

I wish this was changed in a few more months time, as I was going to book 2 J savers from NRT-LAX in Jan 2012, but now they will be standard

Comment

ANA Tool is now showing 744 with NO F OFFERING. Before, there was simply no availability. Interesting indeed.
        HUGE AL

Comment

Business Class Savers to NRT still exist due to 638/637 being an A330
          I've been shafted by aircraft changes again I've got a J class redemption upgrade on SQ637 on April 21 to SIN to try out the the A380 J seats

Was getting 3 repeated email of the same upgrade certificate and and itinerary which still shows as A380 but just looked at my booking and it is now showing 333.

Not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
            I've been shafted by aircraft changes again I've got a J class redemption upgrade on SQ637 on April 21 to SIN to try out the the A380 J seats

Was getting 3 repeated email of the same upgrade certificate and and itinerary which still shows as A380 but just looked at my booking and it is now showing 333.

Not happy.
            Your J class upgrade initially is a Standard Award, so now after aircraft change to a 333, Saver Awards are available, you should call SQ up & demand them to refund you some of the miles, as the miles required for a Standard Award is much more than a Saver Award.

Comment

This news should make a certain nursalimLPP very happy indeed....

Comment

Arrive Singapore at 3:10am?!!
                what a good time...Orz

But finally, A380 is coming to LAX~!

Comment

i'm ecstatic .... manage to claim 2 F-Savers SIN-LAX in June 2011 for wife and me, and only did this last week

Comment

Holding 1 saver + 2 standard F awards for SIN-NRT, and they are now shown as Suites.
                    However, it is just my luck that I might need to change my travel dates.
                    Might need to have these redemption tickets refunded.

Comment

It's official. My March reservation just went from F to Suites.

SQ is finally showing me some love. After all those tickets I've redeemed, this is the first to go A380.
                      Last edited by bmchris; 5 December 2010, 02:20 AM.

Comment

Your J class upgrade initially is a Standard Award, so now after aircraft change to a 333, Saver Awards are available, you should call SQ up & demand them to refund you some of the miles, as the miles required for a Standard Award is much more than a Saver Award.
                        How hard would it be to change my departing flight to the one out of Haneda? Do I have to cancel the upgrade, get the points back then change the flight and try to redeem again?

Comment

Originally posted by SQ218 View Post
                          Do I have to cancel the upgrade, get the points back then change the flight and try to redeem again?
                          Yup -- that's exactly how it works. Went through the hoops when they swapped aircraft types between SIN and BOM -- cancel, redeposit; new booking, new award.

They'll waive any fees, though -- and it was fast and efficient.

Comment

SQ12/11 WTF? I'm jealous. Why not SFO? Do you think SFO will get A380 soon, too? If so will it be via ICN or via HKG?

Comment

I'm curious why can't they push the departure time for SQ12 to say two hours later (11:25am)? No gate space at LAX by arriving later? Too late of an arrival for NRT on the return? By doing so and keeping everything else the same (NRT layover time, turnaround time, etc) the return flight will arrive SIN at 5:10 am, making it more convenient for those making connections by not having to either 1) burn hotel expenses nor 2) stay at the airport during OMG hours. Also a 11:25 am departure will bode well for more intra-asia sectors to make the connection to SQ12.

Ever since the SQ28/27 via TPE was withdrawn from the schedule in 2008, those flying in economy or first on the LAX route have had limited same-day connections to/from those intra-asia flights.
                              My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Originally posted by Bitterroot View Post
                                Yup -- that's exactly how it works. Went through the hoops when they swapped aircraft types between SIN and BOM -- cancel, redeposit; new booking, new award.

They'll waive any fees, though -- and it was fast and efficient.
                                All this done online or with the ticket office?

Though am tempted to swap to SQ11 and give almost another day in Tokyo but the 3.10am arrival into SIN

Comment

Working...
                                X