SIA passengers can soon make mobile phone calls while in-flight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by viraj735 View Post
    On board SQ802 (77W), cabin crew just announced wifi is available.
    post some live pictures?
    This is a computer generated message, no signature required....

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
      post some live pictures?
      Reporting live from SQ 21. Would post pictures, but I will be over limits very quickly

Comment

What's the terms of use?

Comment

Originally posted by kapitan View Post
          post some live pictures?
          I posted that using 3G on the ground. After the seat-belt sign was eliminated, an announcement was made stating that wifi was not available on this particular flight along with the usual apologies.
          The world's too large a place not to go wandering.

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
            What's the terms of use?
            US$29.95 for 26mb of data. It was working fine over Canada, but when I tried it again, it never worked again and there was an announcement regarding a potential refund of the unused credits. No idea how that will happen, but I explained to the crew what I experienced, and they took down my details and said someone will contact you.

Very expensive for that, but I guess thats a price you pay for having wireless at 35,000 feet. Probably a one time thing for me, unless of course the price decreases

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post
              US$29.95 for 26mb of data. It was working fine over Canada, but when I tried it again, it never worked again and there was an announcement regarding a potential refund of the unused credits. No idea how that will happen, but I explained to the crew what I experienced, and they took down my details and said someone will contact you.

Very expensive for that, but I guess thats a price you pay for having wireless at 35,000 feet. Probably a one time thing for me, unless of course the price decreases
              That is very expensive. How will this work when Connexion failed? Connexion was at a much much lower rate.

Comment

I'm on an EK380 tonight - from what i hear they are all on-air equipped now. Will try to report the pricing for comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by E-Aviation View Post

If one surfs onto this site and clicks on a TR thread filled with pics, it could consume a fair chunk of the 26mb if not all!

I think it's great for IM'ing or even VOIP but the cost does not encourage any heavy data usage. But having said that, it's not much more than 3G international roaming charges.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                    If one surfs onto this site and clicks on a TR thread filled with pics, it could consume a fair chunk of the 26mb if not all!

I think it's great for IM'ing or even VOIP but the cost does not encourage any heavy data usage. But having said that, it's not much more than 3G international roaming charges.
                    I would like to add beyond the two plans, it was ~0.15 per 100kb, and there is no option to get another 26mb or something like that. Also I think their target customers is just those who are checking their email or something, where you don't need significant data.

Comment

Greetings from 39,994 feet and 559 mph. A6-EDB is my ride tonight and on air costs 2.75 for 5mb or 15.00 usd for 30mb.

Sorry silver Chris - trying to save data I know I promised you an inflight PM. Hope this will do

Comment

They had wifi available on our SQ319 the other week, again announcing the $29.95 charge. I commented to the crew that surely pax in Suites do not have to pay this and, slightly embarassed, they said we do. I said this was ridiculous for a product where they insist on handing out Gold BP's, previously claimed it was 'a class beyond first' (quietly dropped of course, but they really have left an open goal with that one) and which costs thousands of dollars to fly in, yet they want to charge the same pax 30 dollars for something that should have been available years ago.

To be fair to the crew, they were rather sheepish about it, apologising and saying they will pass the comments on in their report. But it's stil ridiclous to want to charge F pax for this.

Comment

Greetings from flight level 330 over the pond on LH500 en route to GIG.

LH also charge F pax for wifi....

Comment

Starhub special discount till the end of the year.

http://www.starhub.com/onair

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonMan View Post
                              Starhub special discount till the end of the year.

http://www.starhub.com/onair

Used this on the flight from LAX - SIN.

Thought I would be saving money over using Wifi. Unfortunately it was so slow I could only use 18 MB of data from LAX - SIN.

Not sure how much faster the Wifi is, but on LH the Wifi costs only 20 EUR for 24 hours, unlimited and it's actually pretty fast.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                Greetings from flight level 330 over the pond on LH500 en route to GIG.

LH also charge F pax for wifi....
                                This particular service was very good - I also used it on LH500 a few weeks back and it was available pretty much soon after take off, all across the northern and southern atlantic and they only switched it off about 15 minutes before landing in GIG. Happy with the money paid for that one!

Comment

Working...
                                X