SIN-BCN-GRU Approved; First Flight March 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by jimyvr View Post
    SIN GRU and BCN GRU both shows "NO LOCAL TRAFFIC RIGHTS" on Amadeus FLIFO.
    Thanks, jimyvr! I love reading your blogs
    Le jour de Saint Eugène, en traversant la Calle Mayor...

Comment

• Latest news from a net is that TAM (JJ) intends to start GRU-BCN, and with Taca/Avianca and COPA joining *, LATAM might head over to Oneworld

Comment

• If they use a 77W won't they need to free up some regional routes operated by the 77Ws? Maybe replacing them with 773s or something

Comment

• Anybody knows the progress of SIN-BCN-GRU plan? Until now, I still could not see in the website. Plan to go there in July next year. It seems the Brazil website is not there anymore. I remember last time there is www.singaporeair.br.

Comment

• The flight remains not available for reservation. It's been 3 weeks for now.

Probably they'll "officially" open the reservation when they issue PR for the flight times (which I mentioned on the blog in October). Probably after New Year.
            Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by zilchster View Post
              Latest news from a net is that TAM (JJ) intends to start GRU-BCN, and with Taca/Avianca and COPA joining *, LATAM might head over to Oneworld
              LATAM, Star does not rule out LAN and TAM remains in separate alliance.
              Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by wktan81 View Post
                Anybody knows the progress of SIN-BCN-GRU plan? Until now, I still could not see in the website. Plan to go there in July next year. It seems the Brazil website is not there anymore. I remember last time there is www.singaporeair.br.
                I'm afraid you'll have to wait until they're ready to take reservations. SQ will be there by July. Little birds have tweeted that the inaugural is indeed in late March 2011.
                Last edited by jjpb3; 27 November 2010, 12:08 AM.
                ‘Lean into the sharp points’

Comment

• Originally posted by jjpb3 View Post
                  Little birds have tweeted that the inaugural is indeed in late March 2011.
                  I wonder if they'll go for their favoured 28th again ?

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                    I wonder if they'll go for their favoured 28th again ?
                    Yes indeed, 28th March 2011 is the date.

Comment

• Is 28th March traditionally the start of the Summer timetable? Or does it hold any other significance to the SQ calender? IIRC there have been more than one inaugural on 28th March during the past few years

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                        Is 28th March traditionally the start of the Summer timetable? Or does it hold any other significance to the SQ calender? IIRC there have been more than one inaugural on 28th March during the past few years
                        28th March is also around the date when DST starts in Scandinavia (27th March for 2011).
                        God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Is 28th March traditionally the start of the Summer timetable?
                          Usually the Sunday on the last week of March is when airlines in general kick off their Northern Hemisphere Daylight Savings Schedule.
                          My Past, Present, Future Flights (Flights from March 2007 to Present to Future)

Comment

Is 28th March traditionally the start of the Summer timetable? Or does it hold any other significance to the SQ calender? IIRC there have been more than one inaugural on 28th March during the past few years
                            2011 Northern Summer schedule begins 27MAR11.
                            Airline Route | twitter

Comment

• Originally posted by feb01mel View Post
                              Yes indeed, 28th March 2011 is the date.
                              What a good guess!.

Originally posted by Jumbojet Lover View Post
                              SQ like 28th as it means something auspicious somewhere, apparently...

Comment

• Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                                What a good guess!.

SQ like 28th as it means something auspicious somewhere, apparently...
                                SQ called me to inform me 28th March is indeed the date.

Comment

Working...
                                X