No announcement yet.

SIN-BCN-GRU Approved; First Flight March 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely not enough 77Ws at the moment, unless more 773s (only 1 pathetic 773 now) are retrofitted with new seats to take over current regional 77W routes or till more A380s arrive to replace long-haul 77W routes.
    My past and future travels

My Travel Map

Comment

Originally posted by SilverChris View Post
      will they have enough 77Ws?
      Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
      I'm hoping they'll now have to exercise their 77W options...
      Originally posted by ycp81 View Post
      Definitely not enough 77Ws at the moment, unless more 773s (only 1 pathetic 773 now) are retrofitted with new seats to take over current regional 77W routes or till more A380s arrive to replace long-haul 77W routes.
      SQ have had a shortage of 777-300ERs for a while now. The refitting of the 777-300s will help, but that program is delayed by the certification problem with the Kioto seats. As for exercising 777-300ER options, SQ will surely delay any decision until Boeing announce later this year their plans for updating the 777. SQ's last WhaleJet is due for delivery in January of 2012, but they will be replacing the remaining JumboJets on a one-for-one basis, so they will not be freeing up any 777-300ERs.

Comment

The only other ac I can think of operating this route is the 772ER, but I'm wondering if they have enough of those too, after they leased a few to Brunei.

Comment

Has the Brazilian government already given its approval or is this not needed?

Comment

Originally posted by brette View Post
            Has the Brazilian government already given its approval or is this not needed?
            http://asia.businesstraveller.com/as...s-with-barba-2

Comment

The only other ac I can think of operating this route is the 772ER, but I'm wondering if they have enough of those too, after they leased a few to Brunei.
              They can upgrade their regional 772s back to the 772ER engines, two SQx aircraft have already been upgraded for the NZ routes.

Comment

But AFAIK if SQ starts a new route they would use a newer aircraft like the whalejet or 77W.

I may be wrong, of course.

Comment

But AFAIK if SQ starts a new route they would use a newer aircraft like the whalejet or 77W.

I may be wrong, of course.
                  I cannot imagine using a WhaleJet to start any new route. Not even EK are doing that. One usually wants to start a new route with a smaller aircraft and increase the aircraft size as loads increase. The only plausible aircraft choices in 2011 for SQ to start SIN-BCN-GRU would be either the 777-200ER or the 777-300ER.

Comment

Its funny why there should be so much traffic between Spain and Brazil. Its not like they're linked culturally... one speaks Spanish and the other Portuguese!

Still there must be something there.. as when QR started their DOH-GRU service, they introduced a very cheap fare (ie EUR 360) starting from Spain only via DOH to GRU and EZE.

Me doubts SQ will have the same cheap fare.

Comment

maybe it will happen after all

Comment

Originally posted by sunnyday View Post
                        maybe it will happen after all
                        indeed. coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
                          indeed. coming soon.
                          Will SIN-MXP then tag to JFK?

Comment

Strong rumors now. March 2011. B777-300ER.

Comment

affirm

Originally posted by brette View Post
                              Strong rumors now. March 2011. B777-300ER.

Comment

March 2011: GRU is on!

http://www.relax.com.sg/relax/news/4...stination.html

Now it's confirmed: SQ is going to fly to South America! Secure your tickets now!

Comment

Working...
                                X