No announcement yet.

SIN-BCN-GRU Approved; First Flight March 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @AsiaCommuter - Great news! Thanks for the update.

If you are a regular on the GRU - BCN route (SQ67), can you tell me the best strategy while hanging around at GRU until the 01.45 departure? Looks like all the lounges are closed. Is everything shut up?

Thanks!

Comment

• Ragnar, the UA lounge is open.
      I was there on the 29th Jan flight and was there till 130am plus.

TAM biz lounge was indeed closed when I was there at 1130pm. The TAM F lounge seemed open but was closed at 130am.

Anyway, SQ directed us to UA lounge upon check-in.

Comment

• Thanks for the info! I thought it would be strange, no lounges open. UA lounge it is, then.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
          A very reliable source from SQ operations in Barcelona today confirmed the route is not in jeopardy. Yes, the route was granted based upon a code with Spanair for political reasons. However the Spanish authorities have informed SIA that the route can continue to operate as normal without the support from Spanair. This route is also very important for Barcelona el Prat airport.
          This is indeed great news.
          Rumours are the flight will go daily before the end of the year.

Comment

• Originally posted by brette View Post
            This is indeed great news.
            Rumours are the flight will go daily before the end of the year.
            Would make things interesting if it did. MXP would have to produce enough passengers by itself to justify a daily flight now that the SIN-MXP-JFK rumours seem pretty dead.

Would also mean there would then be no more BCN-SIN flights that arrive early morning into SIN unless they can negotiate a much earlier departure out of GRU.

Comment

• One more question; as the flight from GRU to BCN departs at 01.45, I assume there is no meal service immediately after departure?

Also, from photos I have seen, it seems the video screen is on the wall in front of row 31, instead of individual screens for that row. Is this correct?

Thanks!

Comment

• Cannot comment about Y, but in F and J yes I can confirm a supper menu is served after take off, and then breakfast before touch down in Barcelona.

Comment

• Originally posted by SQueeze View Post
                  The TAM F lounge seemed open but was closed at 130am.
                  JJ F lounge closes 2330.

Comment

• Originally posted by AsiaCommuter View Post
                    Cannot comment about Y, but in F and J yes I can confirm a supper menu is served after take off, and then breakfast before touch down in Barcelona.
                    My experience in Y is that I've always been served supper on late departures out of SIN. Flights to CDG, ZRH, AMS all leave SIN around 23.30 - 1.00 and
                    all of them serve a meal shortly after take-off. By the time they collect up the trays it's around 5 a.m. in my native timezone.

GRU - BCN is over 12 hours, so they would have to serve 2 meals and usually it's at the beginning and end so that freaks of nature like me who can actually sleep solidly in Y get their 7 hours in without interruption

Comment

Working...
                    X