Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Student Discounts?

Hi,

This is a long shot, but you never know. At the end of this year i will be leaving my job to become a full time student in Brisbane, Australia. Do SQ do some kind of students rates? I'm thinking no.

Thanks

Yes, for ex-SIN, they do have student fares for BNE.

Sgd1300 for Y class, Sgd 1600 for S class (all excl tax & fuel surcharges), 12 mths tk, 40 kg baggage allowance.

Comment

Ironic then that the same ticket is only $1279 which is available to everyone on their website (dummy booking 20 May depart, 27 April 2011 return). That's a Y-flexi fare.

40kg baggage allowance, of course, a potential significant difference, but there are stories circulate that when explained in advance to SQ, they will make a note and try to allow an increased luggage allowance anyway.

Comment

Wow, never knew SQ would do things like this, but I guess they are also charging a higher fare for those flights as well

Comment

With SQ, you just told them when you book your tix that you are student, and baggage limit increase to 30kg, no need to buy special student price, you can buy the super duper cheap rate for this.

Comment

wow i am surprised.

Yes, for ex-SIN,
            do you mean for ex Singapore nationals?

The baggage limit would be very handy. As i will be living there i need to take more stuff. When i go i wouldn't officially enrolled. Is that a problem?

I will be flying from MAN > SIN > BNE? Because i am not coming from Singapore will this be a problem?

How do i see these discounts online please?

Many Thanks

Comment

Student tickets cannot be purchased online or thru SQ. You will need to get it through a TA. You will need to show documentation proof of student status.

Comment

You sure there are student fares? Am 17 but haven't really heard anything bout this deal eh.

Comment

Originally posted by FN-GM View Post
                  wow i am surprised.

do you mean for ex Singapore nationals?

The baggage limit would be very handy. As i will be living there i need to take more stuff. When i go i wouldn't officially enrolled. Is that a problem?

I will be flying from MAN > SIN > BNE? Because i am not coming from Singapore will this be a problem?

How do i see these discounts online please?

Many Thanks
                  Try STA Travel, used them a lot when I was a student in LST (Tasmania) as they do cater to students and youths under 26. Here is the link for an office in MAN:
                  http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...r-branches.htm
                  God must have been a ship owner, he placed the raw materials far from where they are needed and covered two-thirds of the earth with water...

Comment

Yes, there are student fares. And it is not only SQ.

http://www.airfares.com.sg/airfares/...tudentfare.htm

Comment

SQ offer extra luggage as if your emigrating, just need to ask them nicely and its free of charge, or it was when I moved from the UK to SYD over 3 years ago now though.

Comment

Which Brisbane university are you attending?

Gunners
                        Brisbane

Comment

SQ offer extra luggage as if your emigrating, just need to ask them nicely and its free of charge, or it was when I moved from the UK to SYD over 3 years ago now though.
                          Can you call after a booking?

Try STA Travel, used them a lot when I was a student in LST (Tasmania) as they do cater to students and youths under 26. Here is the link for an office in MAN:
                          http://www.statravel.co.uk/cps/rde/x...r-branches.htm
                          Cheers

Which Brisbane university are you attending?

Gunners
                          Brisbane
                          Griffith University.

Comment

ah this is a swine, i just rang SQ. Because i will not be living there permanent (although i do intend to after uni) and i will be on a student Visa i do not qualify for extra baggage.

Comment

Hi,

I just rung again to check this out. They tell me i will be allowed an extra 10KG on top if i take my enrollment letter to the airport. But i will not get any discounts.

Does this sound right?

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X