Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
    Actually it does.

3 ways home EWR-SIN depending on winds I guess.
    • via Europe ( like SQ25 )
    • via Pacific (almost overfly Vancouver )
    • and over the North Pole

Usually pilots avoid overflying Russian airspace as the Russians charge high costs for overflying their territory or something like that(ATC cost) right?

The three times I have done SIN-EWR v.v., the flight path skirted right along but not intruding Russian airspace...

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-JKL View Post
      The de-rated 772s are just paper de-rated. They are all full ERs.
      So do they have the range to do Europe routes in current config?

Comment

Originally posted by sutrakhk View Post
        So do they have the range to do Europe routes in current config?
        I believe paper derated planes need their software tweaked(and engines changed???) so that takes time?

They just have their thrust output reduced am I right? Will thrust affected performance(range)?

Comment

Originally posted by Nick C View Post
          388 from SQ227 got sacrificed
          There will be some changes to the aircraft rotations over the next week. From what I can gather, this is due to the SQ308/319 being subbed to an A388, and presumably to increase uplift so stranded pax can get out quicker.
          • SQ308/319 (22/4 - 28/4) from B77W to A388.
          • SQ227/238 (22/4 - 28/4) from A388 to B744 (looks like it's gonna be 9V-SMU on a captive rotation).
          • SQ217/218 (22/4 - 27/4) from B77W to B773 (possibly to increase uplift).

This is what I've gleaned so far... a pity for the pax on the MEL flights although I guess they would just want to get back (or there) ASAP.

Comment

I came back this morning on SQ327 - plane not being full.

The stranded 747 left Munich as SQ327 on Wednesday - half empty.

I am curious to see whether SQ will stick to their "we reimburse two hotel nights only" when they can't manage their flights properly...

Comment

Originally posted by SMK77 View Post
              I came back this morning on SQ327 - plane not being full.

The stranded 747 left Munich as SQ327 on Wednesday - half empty.

I am curious to see whether SQ will stick to their "we reimburse two hotel nights only" when they can't manage their flights properly...
              Under Eu law, they have to pay for all passengers expenses ie hotel, food, as they are departing from the EU. If they are going to the EU, then its up to them how much they want to pay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy Betsy View Post
                Under Eu law, they have to pay for all passengers expenses ie hotel, food, as they are departing from the EU. If they are going to the EU, then its up to them how much they want to pay out.
                If I am not mistaken, SQ took care of the passengers stranded since 17 Apr in FRA up to the point of time they were reseated on an outbound flight. I was delayed only a few hours, being shifted from the afternoon SQ25 to the evening SQ325, hence did not qualify for anything but a meal that I did not take on.

However, what was annoying was that they did not contact me at all and I had to get in touch with them via Singapore. Once the link was established, they were helpful, but sadly, required the passenger to make the effort. Since they had my phone, they should have taken the initiative to call all affected passengers.

Comment

Originally posted by a340-313x View Post

This is what I've gleaned so far... a pity for the pax on the MEL flights although I guess they would just want to get back (or there) ASAP.
                  I am booked on SQ238 on Wed 28 April, I had my seat selected on upper deck in Y, log on today and find it's been swapped to B747-400. so sad, was gonna be my first daytime A380 flight
                  My SQ and flying Videos: Youtube My Travel Blog: AussieFlyer.net

Comment

Originally posted by 9V-SIA View Post
                    Actually it does.

3 ways home EWR-SIN depending on winds I guess.
                    • via Europe ( like SQ25 )
                    • via Pacific (almost overfly Vancouver )
                    • and over the North Pole
                    Oh i didn't know that :X
                    When we touched down, i stayed in the cabin till everyone got off and while getting off, i spoke to the pilot and he said that it was the first time that any of the crew onboard experienced the plane flying directly over the north pole so i assumed that it wasn't a routine thing

Comment

Ive just got off SQ8318 "special" to Manchester that didnt stop at Munich on a 772ER. This flight contained MAN and LON passengers. LON were continuing by coach!!!

The interesting thing is that the SQ327 was open for checkin but the special was going to return with same crew to SIN without passengers. Not sure when though.

Comment

Europe flights - additional services

EUROPE FLIGHTS - ADDITIONAL SERVICES

SQ8318, Singapore-Manchester, scheduled to depart at 2330hrs (Singapore time) [Daily from 23 April to 28 April]

SQ8328, Singapore-Manchester, scheduled to depart at 0800hrs (Singapore time) [Daily from 24 April to 28 April]

SQ8327, Manchester-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1615hrs (Manchester time) [Daily from 24 April to 28 April]

SQ8321, Manchester-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1120hrs (Manchester time) [Daily from 24 April to 29 April]

SQ8326, Singapore-Frankfurt, scheduled to depart at 0230hrs (Singapore time) [Daily from 25 April to 27 April]

SQ8325, Frankfurt-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1045hrs (Frankfurt time) [Daily from 25 April to 27 April]

SQ8323, Amsterdam-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1330hrs (Amsterdam time) [23 April]

SQ8332, Singapore-Paris, scheduled to depart at 2205hrs (Singapore time) [23 April]

SQ8331, Paris-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 0730hrs (Paris time) [24 April]

SQ8342, Singapore-Zurich, scheduled to depart at 0310hrs (Singapore time) [28 April]

SQ8341, Zurich-Singapore, scheduled to depart at 1400hrs (Zurich time) [28 April]

Land transportation arrangements will be made for London-bound customers on the supplementary Singapore-Manchester services.
                        Last edited by feb01mel; 23 April 2010, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Got an SMS from SQ telling me I can get on the FRA flight tonight I was about to post the additional flights but feb01mel beat me to it!

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingDobber View Post
                            Ive just got off SQ8318 "special" to Manchester that didnt stop at Munich on a 772ER. This flight contained MAN and LON passengers. LON were continuing by coach!!!
                            Nice to see the shandy drinkers being dropped off out of their way for a change.

Comment

Originally posted by MAN Flyer View Post
                              Nice to see the shandy drinkers being dropped off out of their way for a change.
                              It was a long flight too - just over 14 hours then 3 to 4 hours by coach...no thanks:

Comment

I saw a 747 and a 77W (I think) coming into Sydney within 15 mins of each other yesterday afternoon around 4pmish.

Comment

Working...
                                X